FULLY Customizable Skins

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

FULLY Customizable Skins

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 9 February 2016, 06:12

I know you're probably thinking, "That idiot! They're already planning to add custom skin editors!"
No, no, I mean an editor that you can use to make fully custom skins. Each body part could be represented by a box and the user can use tools to draw the character. When a limb is edited, the limb on the other side is mirrored to it.
Tools: Eraser, fill tool, line tool, design tool, a tool to make curves and specified shapes, a normal drawing tool the user can use to draw the character using their mouse, and a copy and paste tool. Skins could be added to a skin list on the official website and the user could copy and paste the skin's ID code to their skin editor to use it.

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: FULLY Customizable Skins

Postby shadowstorm122 » 9 February 2016, 08:40

Nice idea I would love to see this in pb2.5 but It would probably get abused unless theres a section like custom maps but for skins, where staff(or trusted players) can moderate the skins.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby KARL SERG » 9 February 2016, 09:48

We have had this Discussion for hundreds of Times. The People will inevitably abuse this, whether they have a momentarily Obsession or are just Trolls.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Dark Reaver » 9 February 2016, 15:43

And what if I want to be a chair or a guillotine in PB2.5?

It could work with shadowstorm's idea, but without it I'd be looking forward to play as a sofa - so no, we don't need this option
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby assasinguy » 9 February 2016, 23:41

As pretty much everyone else has said, this leads to too much abuse, so I'm saying no to this.

The customisation system we do get should allow for a decent amount of variation between player skins, and obviously it will not allow for any rules to be breached by skins, so it's better.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 10 February 2016, 01:16

Maybe users and moderators could search for skins by name, or if the skins have a color in a specified color range. The search could be used to search for something in the description of the skin. That could solve the problem. Also, in order for a skin to be valid, the drawing has to touch certain points in the drawing square and has to be in every square, so players cannot abuse it and make invisible skins or pose as floating furniture. The drawing squares, as I said earlier, are points where the head, body, legs, and arms are drawn.

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby assasinguy » 10 February 2016, 01:43

People can still make inappropriate drawings of skins inside the specified area where they have to draw the limbs.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 10 February 2016, 02:06

Well, that doesn't mean you shouldn't add the fully customizable skin function. Custom maps were still added even though people could do bad stuff on them, and I'm sure its probably harder to find those maps than skins.

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby assasinguy » 10 February 2016, 14:24

Maps and skins have the same sort of problem in this way, but the main thing is popularity, if a bad map or skin is popular, we'll get rid of it, if it isn't, yes, we'll have to seek it out, but it also means it won't be causing as much as a problem.

Despite all this, I would say that custom skins have more of a negative potential than custom maps.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby KARL SERG » 10 February 2016, 19:27

Maybe there could be some kind of Delay? This Way, the People will not be able to make more than one skin per Month (except for Staff Members, who could post the Skins of Artists and Credit them).

There could also be a limit of 10 (or other Number) Skins every Week instead of the Monthly Thing.
This would create a weak flow of Skins which would consume very little of the Staff's Time and allow them to determine whether the Skins are appropriate or not. If the Skin is inappropriate, the Author could be warned and banned from the Skin Maker after doing it for the third Time, so he/she won't occupy the Slot of the other 10 (or other Number) Skins made weekly.

It would still have a few Flaws, though. If it gets too Popular, the truly talented Artists could be shunned by other People who got there First, denying them the Chance to create really Good Skins.

Seeing their Talent on the Forum and giving them the "Artist" Rank on the Forum in order to qualify them and give them artistic Privileges over non-Artists might work, but it could deny the Chance of undiscovered Artists (although they could qualify on the Forum after a Month or so to test their Morals, I believe).
KARL SERG

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 10 February 2016, 20:41

We could limit the amount of skins someone makes by their skin making rank, instead of the general limit to the skins that can be added per day. EX: Rank 1: 1 skin per day, Rank 2: 2 skins per day, etc. When a user enters a skin, there could be a message that warns them that they should worry about what they put on the skin list. But, if that doesn't work, there can be a waiting list for skins if the general limit for that day is reached. The waiting list also gives staff the time to look through the skins to make sure they're appropriate. And, as I said earlier, the search system allows you to search for skins not only by how they're rated.

About the innapropriate skins:
I think its easier to find them than maps. For maps, you have to play through the whole map, or look at the triggers and figure out what they do. With skins, you just have to look at the picture and say, "Gotcha! There won't be any skins like that from you again!"

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby KARL SERG » 10 February 2016, 21:10

People can abuse Successive Ranks more easily than the ones which are the only.

They could pretend to do everything right and then, BOOM!, they snap out of the blue, with no Warning. This is why Reputation should always be doubted inside the Mind of the Individual, so he/she won't be unpleasantly surprised if such a Thing were to happen and get scarred.

Anyway, I maintain my Ideas.
KARL SERG

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 11 February 2016, 00:07

I never said to trust everyone. Sadly there are people out there that can snap like that, and the wait list solves that problem, kind of like the drunk driving checkpoints you see during a holiday. I wasn't clear as to what you meant by the successive ranks being abused. You mean since a user gets a higher rank they could abuse the limit of skins they could make to create innapropriate ones?

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Website / PB2 Game