Shields

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Shields

Postby Adam486 » 30 January 2016, 14:31

I was thinking the Shield-Nades are not too good,So I came up with the idea of actual shields,They will have a smaller HP than Shield-nades but you can keep them forever,and when unequipped it is in the back,protecting you from the bullets that come in your back,And there will be 2 Shields:
Plastic Shield(Not so good,Cannot protect you from explosives,Breaks at around 500 Damage)
Metal Shield(Solid shield,Can protect you from 2 Grenades,One direct hit with the Grenade Launcher or Rocket Launcher,Breaks at 1500 Damage)
You cannot shoot while holding the Shield
Last edited by Adam486 on 30 January 2016, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

Adam486

Re: Shields

Postby NNC » 30 January 2016, 15:16

Nah, it's just boring. In PB2, you have to use your dodging (and lagging) skill to dodge projectiles, not just deploy an OP shield and go and crush everything.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby guest-electric fish » 30 January 2016, 15:40

this idea even it is nice and helpful for pb2 story and multiplayer unfortunately it doesn't match prefect because you can donging to dodge projectiles as well.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 30 January 2016, 20:58

I'd definitely like to see these in single player for enemies, it would allow mapmakers to make SP maps more challenging without just giving a character 9999HP or something, maybe allow the mapmaker to edit the max HP of the shield so that invincible shields can be created, that would make things really interesting, you'd have to get behind the enemy or trick them to get any shots.

I'm not sure about MP, it wouldn't really fit PB2, the game's all about jumping and selfboosting to evade and take shots, it's fast-paced, shields would slow it down too much.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Troxx_ » 31 January 2016, 08:25

Nice thinking

Troxx_

Postby tim the banana lord king god » 31 January 2016, 11:08

Good job this idea is useful for campaign but multiplayer not.

tim the banana lord king god

Postby shadowstorm122 » 31 January 2016, 14:14

Instead of plastic and metal shields why not a plasma shield? Think of it as like a Lightsaber but instead of a sword its a shield.
Nice idea though.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 31 January 2016, 15:33

shadowstorm122 wrote:Instead of plastic and metal shields why not a plasma shield? Think of it as like a Lightsaber but instead of a sword its a shield.
Nice idea though.

Yes, this, wow, that's awesome. Ok so let's have plasma shields, and think about this ...

What if the shields don't operate on a HP basis, but on energy levels, similarly to the slow-motion thing in Campaign mode, mapmakers can set a shield's max energy and whilst you're using the shield, the energy level depletes slowly over time, however, when somebody shoots the shield, the energy level depletes faster.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Website / PB2 Game