Turrets!

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Turrets!

Postby the real slayer » 25 January 2016, 22:36

You know what I think would be a nice addition to the game? Turrets! I believe turrets should be added!

But how would turrets work? I believe they should function like grenades! For example, a player presses a button (T for example) and deploys a turret! Each player the turret kills will be added as a kill to the player who deployed it! And for it to not be TOO OP I think that maybe it could be easily destroyed or it could malfunction after a couple of shots! (In the level editor the map maker would be able to put down a "turret summoner" like a greande and then the player would be able to pick it up and deploy the turret if he wish! Addtionally it would be addadble by an engine mark too!)

Additionally I believe that an only-single-player special type of turret whose hitpoints would be adjustable and could only be destroyed by the player ( or an enemy in general) could be added!

Tell me what you think about this? :D

the real slayer

Re: Turrets!

Postby Trollzar64 » 25 January 2016, 22:52

I think this needs to be in PB2.5. They could be used in singleplayer and multiplayer. in multiplayer, they run out of ammo and a generally pretty weak. I think there should be 3 different kinds of turrets.

Bullet turrets. a turret that fires normal bullets at a fast rate. This would be used by Civil security Lite and Heavy. And you would need to control them.

A second type would be explosive turrets. These ones would be firing grenades, rockets, and if big enough, those exploding canisters (although that would be very silly) these turrets would be controlled by mainly Civil Security Boss'.

A third type I would think will be energy turrets. These turrets would be firing the rails from the lite and heavy rail guns. if it was the lite railgun projectile, then the turret would fire fast and have decent armour. if it was the heavy projectile, it would have flimsy armour but still fire fast. It would also need to cool down after a certain amount of shots. these turrets too, would have to be controlled mannually, and be primarily used by usuperation forces.
idk what to put here so

COLORED TEXT WOO
Trollzar64
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 25 January 2016, 23:27

The basic idea is very very good, I'm interested, we just have to think about the details.

MP: No, because campers. I think that's all which needs to be said.

SP: Add it as a vehicle, obviously it can't move but I'm not sure what else you could use to add it. Engine marks are for the general characteristics of a map, not for things like this because you can't use them to place objects/vehicles/whatever. Anyways, add it as a vehicle and give it several customisation parameters such as rate of fire, damage, HP, and penetration perhaps, for how far it can shoot through walls.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Hikarikaze » 25 January 2016, 23:43

I made some basic turrets, both manual and automatic, roughly 1.5-2 years ago, but it's unpublished.

I wouldn't mind an actual turret in game though. It just gives me more things to destroy.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby yi en » 26 January 2016, 08:23

Turrets.
basically it is possible to created in triggers. But why not?
but obviously, we also need a setting about the turret. TURRET SKIN SETTINGS.
so it may more complex and eric gurt is hard to do the sort of coding.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby NNC » 26 January 2016, 10:32

It's just OP as ****, no matter how much would one try to nerf them.
Also, turrets made with triggers have much more potential and possibilities.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby the real slayer » 26 January 2016, 13:31

assasinguy wrote:SP: Add it as a vehicle, obviously it can't move but I'm not sure what else you could use to add it. Engine marks are for the general characteristics of a map, not for things like this because you can't use them to place objects/vehicles/whatever. Anyways, add it as a vehicle and give it several customisation parameters such as rate of fire, damage, HP, and penetration perhaps, for how far it can shoot through walls.

I said that it could be added with an engine mark as a grenade (turret summoner or whatever!) Can't you add grenades with engine marks? That's what I think! Turrets would be in the form of a ball or something and would function as a grenade (by pressing a button the ball would explode and the turret would be deployed!

What I said about single player is that there should be a special turret type whose hitpoints are adjustable (It's a vehicle as you said!) Get what I'm saying?
Last edited by the real slayer on 26 January 2016, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

the real slayer

Postby guest-electric fish » 26 January 2016, 13:43

This is a nice idea because many map makers would love that idea dear the real slayer and I really support this idea
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Silent Aurora » 26 January 2016, 19:10

Turrets is a good idea, but when it comes to MP, there are many ways of abusing it. Campers, for example, are as bad as they are but with this addition, a whole new generation of campers will cause more people to rage and break rules. Perhaps add a timer? So you can only have it for 10 seconds or something.

As for SP, I have no issue.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby assasinguy » 26 January 2016, 20:16

Just don't put it in MP at all, unless it's an AI-controlled enemy.

Basically, it can be deployed by the player in Campaign and some SP maps, based on the map, it can be placed as an AI-controlled enemy in SP and MP.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Silent Aurora » 26 January 2016, 22:36

assasinguy wrote:Just don't put it in MP at all, unless it's an AI-controlled enemy.

Basically, it can be deployed by the player in Campaign and some SP maps, based on the map, it can be placed as an AI-controlled enemy in SP and MP.

Yup, probably much better use in SP than MP.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby the real slayer » 26 January 2016, 22:43

I was thinking of them as in the form of grenades in MP! After all camping is part of the game! But I suppose they could cause certain problems!
Last edited by the real slayer on 26 January 2016, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

the real slayer

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 26 January 2016, 22:45

Not bad idea to see turrets in the game for sp it would be good idea but for mp i dont know.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby Trollzar64 » 27 January 2016, 03:51

I like how everyone is saying it shouldnt be in MP cause of campers. But turrets are used when your holing up in a place. GG
idk what to put here so

COLORED TEXT WOO
Trollzar64
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 27 January 2016, 19:49

Since campers are already quite hard to beat in PB2, I don't think we should add any more weapons or equipment which encourage or strengthen campers, the shield grenade is bad enough already, a turret would make a camper virtually unbeatable. Imagine a camper throwing down a shield grenade to cover him and his turret? He's basically invincible.

Once again, if this is added, it should be restricted to Campaign and SP.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Trollzar64 » 27 January 2016, 23:48

assasinguy wrote:Since campers are already quite hard to beat in PB2, I don't think we should add any more weapons or equipment which encourage or strengthen campers, the shield grenade is bad enough already, a turret would make a camper virtually unbeatable. Imagine a camper throwing down a shield grenade to cover him and his turret? He's basically invincible.

Yet I still havent seen or had to fight a single camper in all my years of playing PB2.
mfw people complain about a non existent problem
idk what to put here so

COLORED TEXT WOO
Trollzar64
Recruit

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 January 2016, 11:02

Trollzar64 wrote:
assasinguy wrote:Since campers are already quite hard to beat in PB2, I don't think we should add any more weapons or equipment which encourage or strengthen campers, the shield grenade is bad enough already, a turret would make a camper virtually unbeatable. Imagine a camper throwing down a shield grenade to cover him and his turret? He's basically invincible.

Yet I still havent seen or had to fight a single camper in all my years of playing PB2.
mfw people complain about a non existent problem

Ever played ranked snipers? Or cali unranked?

Mfw someone says theres a non-existant problem even though many users complain about it.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby ilijah999 » 28 January 2016, 17:38

It isnt hard making a turret using triggers and regions. And it isn't hard to make. It's quite simple. Also adding turrets to the game can result in MP matches being simple (people spam the turret) and it looks like another lag problem waiting to happen. -1.

ilijah999
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 January 2016, 17:55

ilijah999 wrote:It isnt hard making a turret using triggers and regions. And it isn't hard to make. It's quite simple. Also adding turrets to the game can result in MP matches being simple (people spam the turret) and it looks like another lag problem waiting to happen. -1.

But if you add some timer up, as I previously said, this will limit the use of turrets so people won't rely on them everytime.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby assasinguy » 28 January 2016, 19:39

Although turrets can be created in the ALE, I think an official, predetermined turret would be better, it's much simpler since you can just place it and it would probably look much better as well.

As for campers, some restrictions would have to be put in place to prevent turrets from being OP, the most sensible thing to do in my opinion, as I've said numerous times already, is to restrict turrets to Campaign and SP, but if they are implemented into MP, we can still make them fair.

Just add an overheating mechanism so you can't shoot for too long, no more than 5 seconds, then they need 2-3 seconds to cool down.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Next

Return to Website / PB2 Game