Turrets!

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: Turrets!

Postby Trollzar64 » 29 January 2016, 03:06

Silent Aurora wrote:
Trollzar64 wrote:
assasinguy wrote:Since campers are already quite hard to beat in PB2, I don't think we should add any more weapons or equipment which encourage or strengthen campers, the shield grenade is bad enough already, a turret would make a camper virtually unbeatable. Imagine a camper throwing down a shield grenade to cover him and his turret? He's basically invincible.

Once again, if this is added, it should be restricted to Campaign and SP.

Yet I still havent seen or had to fight a single camper in all my years of playing PB2.
mfw people complain about a non existent problem

Ever played ranked snipers? Or cali unranked?

Mfw someone says theres a non-existant problem even though many users complain about it.

Yup, played both. I only play in the cali server, and a ton of unranked servers. Although I don't prefer sniper only maps, I have played on them and, ever since I started playing, I never seen someone who camps in one spot for an entire game. also, if it is unranked, why does it madder? you dont lose nothing.
idk what to put here so

COLORED TEXT WOO
Trollzar64
Recruit

Postby Silent Aurora » 29 January 2016, 16:57

Its annoying, ruins the experience for others and your kdr decreases.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Trollzar64 » 2 February 2016, 08:18

Silent Aurora wrote:Its annoying, ruins the experience for others and your kdr decreases.

Ok, so after a few days of nonstop playing (I have my break right now) I finally met some campers. and to be honest, they were extremely easy to weasel out and kill. still, I see no problem with that play style.
idk what to put here so

COLORED TEXT WOO
Trollzar64
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 2 February 2016, 22:44

Whether or not you think campers are hard to beat, turrets will make them much more powerful and lead to unfair gameplay if they are implemented into MP.

PB2 is a game based on movement, it's about running around and reacting to enemies to shoot them, or selfboosting and taking a shot from above, turrets aren't needed for PB2's gameplay in any case.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby the real slayer » 3 February 2016, 13:53

Turrets in multiplayer would probably earn you one or two kills or give you the chance to escape your enemy by slowing him down! Kinda like a shield grenade! The map maker defines the specific number of turrets a player has and as we already know shield grenades explode after a while! Same would apply for turrets! As I've stated before they would give you the opportunity to survive a bit longer or even to get some more kills!

the real slayer

Postby Trollzar64 » 5 February 2016, 18:15

the real slayer wrote:Turrets in multiplayer would probably earn you one or two kills or give you the chance to escape your enemy by slowing him down! Kinda like a shield grenade! The map maker defines the specific number of turrets a player has and as we already know shield grenades explode after a while! Same would apply for turrets! As I've stated before they would give you the opportunity to survive a bit longer or even to get some more kills!

I like this idea, and they could act like turrets from portal or from the game Intrusion (you should check it out.) so when they flip over, they turn off and have lotsa physics :D
EDIT:They could also be pretty large so they would most of the time so they would fall off ledges when the platform is too small.
idk what to put here so

COLORED TEXT WOO
Trollzar64
Recruit

Previous

Return to Website / PB2 Game