Radio

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Radio

Postby Anonymus the girl » 23 January 2016, 22:34

It would be nice to have a radio like in CS:GO with menus on unused keys
for example:
B=First menu
-Enemy Spotted
-Im in position
(...)
V=Second Menu
M-Third menu
And the character would chat what he selected and actually talk like the Civil Security forces.
For example
The character Selects Enemy spotted,The chat shows what he said,And the character says:Enemy Forces or Enemy Spotted.
What do you think? :D

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Re: Radio

Postby guest-electric fish » 23 January 2016, 22:51

radio ? seriously this is a bad idea and there is why ? first of all it isn't necessary since the hero(marine)can hear them and he can say that there are enemies,second this isn't counter striker to have something like and third if Eric gurt adds that then he must put many voice lines in order to do that.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Anonymus the girl » 23 January 2016, 22:52

guest-electric fish wrote:radio ? seriously this is a bad idea and there is why ? first of all it isn't necessary since the hero(marine)can hear them and he can say that there are enemies,second this isn't counter striker to have something like and third if Eric gurt adds that then he must put many voice lines in order to do that.

But it would help in MP,Like a huge war map or something

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby shadowstorm122 » 23 January 2016, 22:54

Why not just type things in the chat?
Its not really needed as most skins will say something if theres an enemy near them anyway(eg:proxy says "up there!")
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Anonymus the girl » 23 January 2016, 22:56

shadowstorm122 wrote:Why not just type things in the chat?
Its not really needed as most skins will say something if theres an enemy near them anyway(eg:proxy says "up there!")

Well,You cant say "Go there" or "Cover me" In a short time of like 1 to 2 secs...
Because the chat isn't really helping...You stay like 5 secs for writing 2 words,while youre getting headshotted...

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby darkstar 1 » 23 January 2016, 23:00

Not with voices, do it with text in the chat

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Vs Me » 23 January 2016, 23:17

darkstar 1 wrote:Not with voices, do it with text in the chat

I never see a radio with text.

Vs Me

Postby darkstar 1 » 23 January 2016, 23:24

Vs Me wrote:

Yea, but if you turn off the sounds, this will be useless without text

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby assasinguy » 24 January 2016, 01:34

I think this would be way too messy, the amount of radio commands occurring at any point in time means they'll overlap and you won't quite hear them, as well as this, people spamming the radio buttons would be the most annoying thing in the world.

-1 from me.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby yi en » 24 January 2016, 07:54

radios.

about the radios, it remind me who is the killer from garry's mod.
maybe we can say, a quick menu (let's be just say, press R) and using the mouse to quickly press the normal word we used.

about the spam, here's a solution:
make a time limit. (every 5 sec after you pressed)

anyways, this idea is neutral. cuz if the radio commands being used a lot of people, that the player will seldom talks again. all the chat is "cover me!" "fire in the hole" type.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Anonymus the girl » 24 January 2016, 07:56

darkstar 1 wrote:
Vs Me wrote:

Yea, but if you turn off the sounds, this will be useless without text

Well,As I said up there when i made the post,I said:
"The selection will be showed in chat,too"

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby Hikarikaze » 24 January 2016, 08:35

No. Just no. I don't want a spammable version of something like Proxy's "up there" line - hearing that's already annoying enough.

It takes time to record voices and add them in the game. It takes time, maybe even more time, to open the menu of voices, scrolling through what you actually want to say (after you actually know where everything is to be able to find it), then clicking it just to hear one useless line that barely anyone will even hear, than to spare a few seconds of your life (assuming this topic exists only because you're too lazy/slow at typing to even type a few words on the chat + worry too much unnecessarily about stats) and type a few words on the chat.

Speaking of that actually, radio messages can't simply be rewinded and heard again after they've been said. If you miss what someone said, too bad, unless they say it again. Chat messages at least don't go away after like 15 seconds.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby assasinguy » 24 January 2016, 11:56

Hik makes a strong case against this idea, the voices on PB2 are annoying enough on Campaign or SP when you're killing a crowd of people, we don't want people to have the ability to spam those in MP.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby guest-electric fish » 24 January 2016, 12:02

assasinguy wrote:Hik makes a strong case against this idea, the voices on PB2 are annoying enough on Campaign or SP when you're killing a crowd of people, we don't want people to have the ability to spam those in MP.

Not only that.the pb2 voices in case this idea happens in pb2,5 Mr gurt will have to record again those pb2 voice in order to fit in the radio
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 24 January 2016, 14:49

Hikarikaze wrote:It takes time to record voices and add them in the game. It takes time, maybe even more time, to open the menu of voices, scrolling through what you actually want to say (after you actually know where everything is to be able to find it).

It also takes time to build the menu for what the player is gonna say...

You could prrobably say a few commands in chat really fast if you type them...
e.g... short sentances like "follow me" "go there" "cover fire!" "Enemy there!"(player could probably slash swords in direction of enemy) so its not really needed..
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Hikarikaze » 24 January 2016, 20:16

shadowstorm122 wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:It takes time to record voices and add them in the game. It takes time, maybe even more time, to open the menu of voices, scrolling through what you actually want to say (after you actually know where everything is to be able to find it).

It also takes time to build the menu for what the player is gonna say...

menus*

The OP mentioned multiple menus for the V key (which is already reserved for discarding weapons), the B key, and the M key.

Making an interface doesn't consume a whole lot of time but that's already asking for too much with three entire menus full of recorded voices.

We don't need another CSGO here. I doubt people even use the radio function there and just play instead.

guest-electric fish wrote:Not only that.the pb2 voices in case this idea happens in pb2,5 Mr gurt will have to record again those pb2 voice in order to fit in the radio

No, the sounds from PB2 can simply be recycled into PB2.5 with no trouble. The only real issue would be recording the new sounds.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Silent Aurora » 25 January 2016, 15:10

Eh, this would create more problems than actually benefit users experience in matches. And as AG said, the voices are annoying man.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Website / PB2 Game