Finishers

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Finishers

Postby tehswordninja » 10 January 2016, 05:36

Eh, this ideas likely been talked about, oh well

Pretty much what the title says, you can have special finishers for certain moments and stuff.
Probably would work when an enemy is dying, you would go through a special animation depending on your weapon type and finish them off.
Could also work when you are behind an enemy and maybe a player who isn't attacking you, but would be a different animation.
*totally not ripping off halo 5 in any way clearllly*
Maybe for that new mode team vs team in pb2.5 you could buy special finishers and stuff, like new sword finishers, etc
And lastly, there would have to be an engine mark to turn this off, and triggers to let AI ( and maybe players) play through a finisher but would only work if the AI playing the animation is near another AI (aka making cool cut scenes), regardless if the engine mark is on or not.

Some animations I've come up with:
(didn't feel like doing ones for swords, and didn't feel like doing all the weapons)
Pistols: (dual wielding) Player would hit the other player with the butt of one of the pistols, and firing a shot from the other pistol
(single pistols)
C-01p: Player would kick the other player to the ground, and fire a lot of rounds at the downed player/AI
CS-PRO: Player would flip the pistol, fire twice at the other player/AI
Alien Rail Pistol: Player would rush the other, smack them down, and fire a ton of rails into the other's face
Rifles:
Minigun: Player would use the minigun to knock the other player over, firing all the while
Rayrifle: Player would smack the other into the ground, then stand over them for a second before firing a large burst into the other's body
C-01r: Player would sumersault over the other, firing a quick burst into the other's face
Shotguns:
CS-DAZ: Player would fire a blast at the other's feet, pump the weapon causally, then single handenly fire it point blank into the other player/AI's face
Explosives:
Grenade Launcher: Player would fire a few grenades into the players suit, then kick them away
If any sticky grenade weapon is added: Player places a sticky grenade on the other, backs off, then fires another weapon at the bomb, exploding the other player/AI
Sniper rifle: Player fires a round at the other player/AI's torso, then aims the rifle with one hand at the players head, firing the rifle
Drone gun: Player grabs the other player/AI, forces the barrel of the weapon to the enemy's head, and fires
Raygun: Player leaps into the air, aims with one hand and fires the weapon, then lands, picks up the corpse and fires another shot at it
Feel free to add more ones or redo my existing ones, they're likely bad considering I made this at 11:30 pm
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Re: Finishers

Postby shadowstorm122 » 10 January 2016, 07:29

I don't think this should added m8 as this isn't street fighter
and it has no point cause it can give the low health player no chance of survival and you want them to atleast have 30% survival :l
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 10 January 2016, 11:24

This would make SP infinitely more badass, but it would turn MP into a mess. So I'd love to see it on Campaign and SP.

There needs to be a certain specific way to activate these finishers because if you're shooting a crowd of enemies you'll get destroyed if you try a finisher on the closest one. Maybe right clicking could start the animation, or maybe a specific button on the keyboard. I'd like it to be the right click because at the moment all that button does is display some flash player settings or something. It's close to the shooting button so would be easy to use.

The finishers themselves, well, it's not hard to think of a good finisher, I wouldn't say yours are bad at all. I guess I should think of some now:

Pistols: Raise the gun whilst spinning it then headshot and maybe spin it back down afterwards, enemy's head is blown off.

Assault Rifles: Either spray bullets into the enemy's entire body before front kicking them away or if the enemy is next to a wall, push the rifle into their gut and fire 10 rounds.

Shotguns: What tehswordninja said, that sounds like a good one.

Railguns/Snipers: Walk up to the enemy, point blank shot to the face, blows their head off.

Rocket Launcher: Front-kick enemy to create some distance then shoot a rocket at them, pretty simple.

BNG/Drone Gun Grab the enemy and fire a round/virus/whatever down their throat, walk away, for the BNG they explode after a few seconds, for the Drone Gun the virus thing basically eats them from the inside, so in the PB2 engine their body simply falls apart.

"The 8 gun"I don't even know what the gun is called, um ... Point blank 10 shots to the face, which leaves their helmet black and burned or something.

Raygun: Player steps back, enemy puts his hands up to surrender, player takes a body shot which blows the enemy apart, (if possible it would be awesome to see this in slow motion)

Swords: Somersault over the enemy and slice their head off in the middle of the flip, land in a fighting stance.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Wardemption » 10 January 2016, 15:10

Will there be Roman Reign's Spear for swords finisher?
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby NNC » 10 January 2016, 17:43

For swords, Omnislash is a must!

Though I doubt that stuff such as taunts (or whatever it's called) and finishers could make any sense in a PB game.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby guest-electric fish » 10 January 2016, 18:23

i don't think that it is suitable for a game like this.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby the real slayer » 10 January 2016, 19:26

Exactly what fish said!

the real slayer

Postby assasinguy » 10 January 2016, 22:07

WWE finishers obviously don't fit this game, but I think that some simple finishing moves with guns, like the ones I mentioned earlier, could make SP a lot more fun.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby tehswordninja » 11 January 2016, 15:28

guest-electric fish wrote:i don't think that it is suitable for a game like this.

Could you give me a reason why then?

Probably if this was to go into multiplayer it would need a different system then what I described, and again I made the post at 11:30 pm
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby assasinguy » 11 January 2016, 17:21

I think guest is hinting at the unfairness in MP due to how vulnerable you are when performing a finisher, as well as the fact that we've been fine with basic ragdoll physics for these past four years. You can read my previous posts to see my viewpoint on this, I won't repeat myself.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby tehswordninja » 12 January 2016, 00:04

assasinguy wrote:I think guest is hinting at the unfairness in MP due to how vulnerable you are when performing a finisher, as well as the fact that we've been fine with basic ragdoll physics for these past four years. You can read my previous posts to see my viewpoint on this, I won't repeat myself.

The animations would have to be quite quick for this to be fair.

Keeping this as a SP only thing wouldn't bother me, I get what you're saying
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 12 January 2016, 00:32

Taunts for mulitiplayer would be cool, Im just not sure on finishers.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 12 January 2016, 01:03

shadowstorm122 wrote:Taunts for mulitiplayer would be cool, Im just not sure on finishers.

Why didn't I think about this

Yeah taunts would be pretty cool, suggest to eric lol
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 12 January 2016, 02:11

Theres an mmo like FireFall. On a pvp match, when you go near an enemy dying, You press E. Then, you can stomp them, they explode with blood. Or use flames to burn the body with a flame gun. sorta like that?

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Website / PB2 Game