walk/stand in shallow water

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

walk/stand in shallow water

Postby shadowstorm122 » 9 January 2016, 00:50

As you might of guessed, this topic is about water.
Alright, so heres the idea: if a player is in water they should be able to stand up if the water level is below their neck. (automatically swim if higher) if the player presses a button (lets say M as that doesn't have a use) they can swim but if they press M again they will stand up in the shallow water if there is steps under the water the player will automatically swim, and if the player jumps into the water they will swim but if they walk into the water they stand.
As some of you have probably noticed Eric has said he will add waves, so if the player is in waves they will automatically swim and won't be able to stand up(unless the water is below the players waist level)
Soo yeah das idea.
Last edited by shadowstorm122 on 10 January 2016, 01:07, edited 2 times in total.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Re: "IM DROWNING OMG HALP"

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 9 January 2016, 02:22

shadowstorm122 wrote:As you might of guessed, this topic is about water.
Alright, so heres the idea: if a player is in water they stand should be able to stand up if the water level is below their neck. (automatically swim if higher) if the player presses a button (lets say M as that doesn't have a use) they can swim but if they press M again they will stand up in the shallow water if there is steps under the water the player will automatically swim, and if the player jumps into the water they will swim but if they walk into the water they stand.
As some of you have probably noticed Eric has said he will add waves, so if the player is in waves they will automatically swim and won't be able to stand up(unless the water is below the players waist level)
Soo yeah das idea.

hm...i wish it was like battlefield 3 when you go down for to long, your health decreases

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 9 January 2016, 04:04

Star Fox McCloud wrote: hm...i wish it was like battlefield 3 when you go down for to long, your health decreases

I was thinking about that but, Players can stay underwater for a whole match unless the creator changes it to Acid recoulours it and changes the acids name to water.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby ustopable » 9 January 2016, 07:13

Drowning in water? But but they have suit
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Wardemption » 9 January 2016, 07:51

Tbh, not interested in this idea.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby guest-electric fish » 9 January 2016, 11:39

I don't think that it is good idea.it isn't grand theft auto nor sonic the hedgehog (because those games have drowning system).plus it doesn't fit in this game.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Hazardous48 » 9 January 2016, 13:07

PB2 Suits are water-proof.It isn't possible to do that nor we need it.
My PB2 Life
Hey guys,I'll be telling you how I found out PB2 existed.I was 15 and I liked gaming.I was playing Raze and at one point,my friend Alex told me about a game like Raze,but with multiplayer.I asked him ''What's the name of it?''.He didn't know the full name,but he only knew it's 2nd word was Burst and the number is 2.I remembered that I played a game called ''Plazma Burst:FTP''.I thought it might be the sequel,so I googled 'Plazma Burst 2'',and I saw 'plazmaburst2.net'(NOT ADVERTISING!).I used the website until I got AFK and I didn't play for a LONG LONG time.I discovered there was a offical website,I registered by the name ''Linxus'',and bam.It amazed me.I passed the campaign the day before my account got lost.I was Advanced Marine on Linxus.Then I registered 'DeadlyHronos'.I passed 25 levels,and one day,I went into the Multiplayer Unranked Unaprooved.I met B.Bowman there and she was my first friend.After time,I went into the chat and,still with Linxus,someone recruited me to Deadcampers,it was Kiriguraya.I logged into DeadlyHronos again,and I went on.That day when Linxus got lost,I used DeadlyHronos.Time went by,and DeadlyHronos also got lost.Then I made iPegasus.I was very happy because the name was not used.On May 31st,2015,I went into a match called 'DF Recruitment PW:1'.I talked to xMorganax and I asked can I stay.She said yes.Along with another clanmate,we did missions and training.She finally made me a member.Then,when I quit DF for some time,I updated my rank to Lite.I was very happy I got Lite.And now,As iPegasus got lost,I use Hazardous48.That's my story,ya'll.I hope you had fun reading it.And as always,keep smiling,buraz :D .

http://prntscr.com/9uoqxc

lolwut?
Hazardous48
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby NNC » 9 January 2016, 17:55

@ustopable @Wardemption @Hazardous48 @guest-electric fish
You sure did read the first message in the topic instead of topic title only.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 9 January 2016, 18:19

NNC wrote:@ustopable @Wardemption @Hazardous48 @guest-electric fish

Post farming innit,
The topic wasn't even about drowning anyway it was about players standing up in water if you actually read it you would know what I was talking about.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 9 January 2016, 20:16

shadowstorm122 wrote:
NNC wrote:@ustopable @Wardemption @Hazardous48 @guest-electric fish

Post farming innit,
The topic wasn't even about drowning anyway it was about players standing up in water if you actually read it you would know what I was talking about.

Heres a tip: stop making irrelevant titles cause there ARE people that won't bother to read the OP entirely and instead the title since its mainly a quick summary of what the topic is going to be about. Its basically your fault from the start

Also, they shouldnt be able to swim unless the water is above waist or chest level,neck level sounds ridiculous. There should be an ability where you can stand/walk underwater,regardless of water level

Yung Bladee2K

Postby assasinguy » 9 January 2016, 20:45

1: I agree with the idea but not if the water is below their neck, I'd say let players stand up in water which is below their waist. Next time you visit the swimming pool try walking with water up to your neck, it's easier to swim.

2: I agree with this, giving us a button which allows us to decide whether to swim or not.

3: My viewpoint on 1 sort of cancels out your 3, but I would like to see waves having a pusher-like effect on your speed, whether you're swimming or walking.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Alica » 9 January 2016, 20:56

ustopable wrote:Drowning in water? But but they have suit

Basically that^.

I am unsure about the idea since as said several times above battlesuits are waterproof. Of course only for the people who wear a helmet.
Eric could add something which makes characters without helmets lose healthpoints. Like you actually start to lose 5HP every second, this effect starts to work after 30 to 60 seconds.

That is how i would add a ''drowning effect''.

Edit: Just did read the topic title as well and since it can confuse people, i changed it to something more appropriate.

On the actual topic:
One more nice to have feature. Make the water physics more realistic and interesting, even if i think Eric is about to add such a thing anyway.
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 9 January 2016, 21:00

I'm not sure about the title of this topic because in the original post shadowstorm doesn't even mention a drowning effect, he mentions the ability to wade through water below a certain height and some other things.

As for a drowning effect, I agree with what Alica said but maybe drowning sound effects and an animation in which the character flails his arms and legs in a panic could begin if you don't press anything.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Standing in knee-deep water

Postby Hazardous48 » 9 January 2016, 21:16

Oh wait.I was off-topic.F@*#!
Although it would be gr8 to have this in the game.It would be sooooo usefull.Like it.
My PB2 Life
Hey guys,I'll be telling you how I found out PB2 existed.I was 15 and I liked gaming.I was playing Raze and at one point,my friend Alex told me about a game like Raze,but with multiplayer.I asked him ''What's the name of it?''.He didn't know the full name,but he only knew it's 2nd word was Burst and the number is 2.I remembered that I played a game called ''Plazma Burst:FTP''.I thought it might be the sequel,so I googled 'Plazma Burst 2'',and I saw 'plazmaburst2.net'(NOT ADVERTISING!).I used the website until I got AFK and I didn't play for a LONG LONG time.I discovered there was a offical website,I registered by the name ''Linxus'',and bam.It amazed me.I passed the campaign the day before my account got lost.I was Advanced Marine on Linxus.Then I registered 'DeadlyHronos'.I passed 25 levels,and one day,I went into the Multiplayer Unranked Unaprooved.I met B.Bowman there and she was my first friend.After time,I went into the chat and,still with Linxus,someone recruited me to Deadcampers,it was Kiriguraya.I logged into DeadlyHronos again,and I went on.That day when Linxus got lost,I used DeadlyHronos.Time went by,and DeadlyHronos also got lost.Then I made iPegasus.I was very happy because the name was not used.On May 31st,2015,I went into a match called 'DF Recruitment PW:1'.I talked to xMorganax and I asked can I stay.She said yes.Along with another clanmate,we did missions and training.She finally made me a member.Then,when I quit DF for some time,I updated my rank to Lite.I was very happy I got Lite.And now,As iPegasus got lost,I use Hazardous48.That's my story,ya'll.I hope you had fun reading it.And as always,keep smiling,buraz :D .

http://prntscr.com/9uoqxc

lolwut?
Hazardous48
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: walk/stand in shallow water

Postby artichokecat » 18 January 2016, 20:53

I agree with this
It would make sewer maps more realistic-
you could have a thin layer of water on the ground and still walk like a normal human being.
artichokecat
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Website / PB2 Game