Death animations

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Death animations

Postby Anonymus the girl » 4 January 2016, 21:08

Imagine if characters would have death animations like:

When shot in the stomach,he would grab the belly and go few steps backwards,then die
And when charater shot in thelegs,he falls down with the leg grabbed,then dies

What do you think? :D

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Re: Death animations

Postby Dark Reaver » 4 January 2016, 21:25

Anonymus the girl wrote:And when charater shot in thelegs,he falls down with the leg grabbed,then dies

And then would do a backflip, right?

Is this really that meaningful?
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 4 January 2016, 21:53

Stabbed in the back=player gets down on knees pauses a few secs then falls down...?

This is a great idea it could make pb2 look a little more realistic than it is.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby the real slayer » 4 January 2016, 22:04

Cool idea, but what if the player dies in mid air or water... The animation would be totally messed up! Not so sure about it tbh |:

the real slayer

Postby KARL SERG » 4 January 2016, 22:10

the real slayer wrote:Cool idea, but what if the player dies in mid air or water... The animation would be totally messed up! Not so sure about it tbh |:

There could be a Water Death Animation?
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 5 January 2016, 04:28

Ragdoll physics are better and more realistic in most cases,this unfortunately isnt CoD where if you get shot in the arm you somehow fall forward as if you got shot in the torso,son

I find it rather pointless,because of the ragdoll mechanic alone. if this wasnt in the game, then animations would fit fine,ya know fam?

Yung Bladee2K

Postby Anonymus the girl » 5 January 2016, 06:38

shadowstorm122 wrote:Stabbed in the back=player gets down on knees pauses a few secs then falls down...?

This is a great idea it could make pb2 look a little more realistic than it is.

Bingo,That's what i want,to be more realistic,i mean not just stab him in the back then stays up until some1 pushes,because in rare cases,because of the ragdoll,the enemy stays up,dead,And animations would be cool.
KARL SERG wrote:
the real slayer wrote:Cool idea, but what if the player dies in mid air or water... The animation would be totally messed up! Not so sure about it tbh |:

There could be a Water Death Animation?

Well,Only in certain situations,because you can't step back in water,so,there will be different.
If the character somehow gets killed in the air,the animations doesn't start.There's just the ragdoll,It's not like CS 1.6 where if you get blown by a grenade you do that animation in the air,it's weird

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 5 January 2016, 09:03

Anonymus the girl wrote:Well,Only in certain situations,because you can't step back in water

You clearly CAN step back in water,try walking in a pool backwards and tell me that theres some supernatural witchcraft science stopping you fam. What do you think this is, Skate 3 that you cant go in water now or has water transcended to become hydrochloric acid?

As for your claim of making this realistic,I will now proceed to give you a lesson in life:
Yung Bladee2K wrote:Ragdoll physics are better and more realistic in most cases

Battlefield,a game more realistic (debatable because different genre) than this game,has ragdoll physics,and so does GTA,which mirrors real life to the nearest of its extent. Some CoD esque animation thats entirely pointless can easily be defeated by ragdoll mechanics because death animations can be created dynamically with lack of limitations except for the scripted physics in-game from any degree of angle,whereas true animations are linear and scripted - literally boring. if the game lacked ragdolls,animations would suit this better,as I previously reiterated but got overlooked for some odd reason

Missing the blatant context is how 94% of students score a 14 or below on the ACTs ):

Yung Bladee2K

Postby ustopable » 5 January 2016, 11:58

So they will block shots while they're doing the Death Animation? It will be pretty annoying as it will help your enemies regenerate portion of health
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Anonymus the girl » 5 January 2016, 12:33

ustopable wrote:So they will block shots while they're doing the Death Animation? It will be pretty annoying as it will help your enemies regenerate portion of health

If you shoot him with 1 more bullet while doing their animations,the ragdoll comes in and the dead players falls.

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby Dark Reaver » 5 January 2016, 17:26

I don't like it as I stated earlier. It may work in a FPS / TPS but definitely not in PB2.

What you fail to realize is that these animations take TIME.
Look, what if a glorious CS Boss falls to his knees and some dude shoots his head / hands /legs / down with a Minigun?

The result would be a 'broken' animation, of course.
Imo this feature is incredible hard to make in this game without encountering a bunch of random bugs - and wouldn't improve that much on PB2 overall.
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Black Lagoon » 5 January 2016, 19:23

Useless in my opinion... PB2 isn't supposed to be a very realistic game in the first place, I think.
It won't change my gaming experience honestly.
Black Lagoon
Recruit

Postby yi en » 8 January 2016, 11:55

erm....PB 2 isn't counter strike, ghost of duty or anything else with hard FPS or TPS.
based on the engine. Trust me, the first early access of the animation always got some problems in it. (animation bugs, glitches, etc)
let's wait until the PB 2.5 engine can become FPS game. THIS IS FLASH GAME.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby assasinguy » 8 January 2016, 22:53

Interesting, there are a few situations where I think it could be cool.

- Drowning in water. Character could flail his arms and panic.
- Falling from a height, but only if you don't press any buttons on your keyboard. Character could panic with the same animation as drowning in water.
- When you get defibbed, character could clutch his/her chest.
- Jumping from height into water, maybe a simple diving animation could be added, although it's not really necessary because you can already do that manually.
- Beheaded. Character runs around screaming and flailing his arms in the air.

... Ok maybe not the last one.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Anonymus the girl » 9 January 2016, 08:55

assasinguy wrote:Interesting, there are a few situations where I think it could be cool.

- Drowning in water. Character could flail his arms and panic.
- Falling from a height, but only if you don't press any buttons on your keyboard. Character could panic with the same animation as drowning in water.
- When you get defibbed, character could clutch his/her chest.
- Jumping from height into water, maybe a simple diving animation could be added, although it's not really necessary because you can already do that manually.
- Beheaded. Character runs around screaming and flailing his arms in the air.

... Ok maybe not the last one.

Excelent ideas! I like how you think! and i think with the death animations could me more realistic and fun!
:D

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby Wardemption » 9 January 2016, 09:04

I think rag doll physics are actually fine for pb2.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby guest-electric fish » 9 January 2016, 17:09

i don't think that those animation are suitable for that game.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 9 January 2016, 20:31

If any death animations are added they won't override the ragdoll physics, firstly, there will not be too many animations, they will only exist for specific events which can have a suitable animation, (like the ones I mentioned in my previous post), secondly, you will be able to interrupt death animations by shooting the player.

The ragdoll physics will always be there, and these animations will be interruptable, (<-- that's a word now), to ensure that they don't disrupt the normal pace of a game too much.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby eridan ampora » 19 January 2016, 03:42

howw would this wwork wwith ragdolls to the point of bein fluid

eridan ampora

Postby mingo1 » 19 January 2016, 05:36

I'm totally on-board with this,

but I also think it's cool the way it is. Having people flop around the screen is beyond funny and entertaining.

Making it a trigger option for mapmakers would be epic. Additionally, for Singleplayer, an idea of mine is to have it set only for specific characters.

For example, have all the people on the map do the rag-doll motion, but if someone iconic is about to die, have them do the clutch and die thing or whatever the scenario is. It would add much more weight to the death.

With respect, insight, and choice,

...those are my thoughts.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
When I get older, I will be stronger, they'll call me freedom, just like a waving flag.

- K'NAAN

Join Me!: http://www.YouTube.com/c/Turbine768 |
mingo1
Administrator

Next

Return to Website / PB2 Game