Some Ideas

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Some Ideas

Postby ustopable » 26 December 2015, 07:16

These are ideas that im thinking right now

Multiplayer Free Trial-Instead of completely removing them they be given a 24 hours free trial per IP or Computer or whatever. Then if it expire then the multiplayer guest will be locked and changed with Register for free

Stabilizing Check- This will check if what part is destabilizing . A suit image is shown in the bottom left then it checks if the part is destabilizing.

Guess Point- When an enemy fire the tracer of the gun your suit will guess the location of the enemy and it will make an arrow point where he guess it. It will ONLY suggest where the enemy is firing so inaccuracy will always happen

Teleport Delay- So instead of instant teleportation if you activate a teleport trigger the teleport will first charge while the character can't move from its location then after a while the teleportation will happen this is to avoid Teleport Camp
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Some Ideas

Postby yi en » 26 December 2015, 08:56

1) nice idea,but extend into a week.
2) All I can get it is about the wall overlap or balance. If I am wrong please explain what is that.
3) guess point? or a radar button will be better. (just like when you press "R" , a radar of the map come out with ally and enemies.)
4) yeah quite awsome for anti-camping. yes.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby ustopable » 26 December 2015, 12:49

Radar is too OP if it also reveals locations of your enemies except if you actually saw him pass there

Pretty much your time won't reduce if you don't play it so let it stay in 24 hours
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby assasinguy » 26 December 2015, 16:59

1: Interesting, it could definitely work but I think there are probably better ways of replacing the guest function.

2: I'm not sure what you mean by this, you'll have to explain it to me again.

3: This requires us to have a mini-map on which the enemy's "guessed" location is displayed, unless you plan some sort of visual cue like an arrow compass on your screen. I think this should remain an option which is added by the mapmaker using an engine mark, it's definitely an interesting idea which could be useful in larger maps where you sometimes have to jump about for ages before running into anybody.

4: I agree with that, teleport camping is annoying. Mapmakers should be given a trigger which allows them to alter the charging time of a teleport gate to create interesting gameplay situations, however, teleporters should have a minimum charging time of 1 second if this is implemented to avoid teleport camping.

Overall I like your thinking, you just need to tell me what you mean by 2 because I have no idea : P
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby NNC » 26 December 2015, 20:27

Multiplayer Free Trial: Agreed with assasinguy, this way doesn't look very good. Plus, IP isn't the most reliable thing to look at in this case.

Stabilizing Check & Guess Point: Taking away a piece of screen just to show something that is clearly visible without this feature? It's no use.

Teleport Delay: This, obviously, isn't acceptable for some situations in which the teleport trigger is used. Better to use additional triggers instead, like shutting down the teleport for few seconds after using it, or the way you've mentioned.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 27 December 2015, 02:37

Free trial:You can't get rid of guests by giving them a 24 hour trial... sure they are annoying but they might be kids who don't want to register an account because their parents have said no to them or they may not simply have an email account
Suit destabilizing: I don't agree with a small image of a suit... as it will take up space
Guess point: thats an alright idea but a tracer just wouldn't work... maybe show enemies + allies who are near to you
Teleport: there is already a teleport delay for 1-3 seconds but what you're suggesting could maybe work as an engine mark...
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby yi en » 27 December 2015, 16:10

ustopable wrote:Radar is too OP if it also reveals locations of your enemies except if you actually saw him pass there

the radar is just reveal your nearby area, it wont be reveal location too much.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby JDeck » 27 December 2015, 17:36

1) I would agree with that but however , extend it. 1 day is too short

2) I agree with this , but make a damager indicator which shows which part of your limbs are damaged by any projectile too!

3) Maybe not an arrow , but something like a bracket(If you played some FPS games , they use bracket.) , but however it only indicates where the shot hit you , not where the shot came from.(For ex : I shot from the top-left and it deflected and hit you in the middle-left , the indicator will show that the shot came from the middle-left. )

4) Maybe make this possible with a trigger action instead or something.It could screw some maps up.

JDeck

Return to Website / PB2 Game