Animals!

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Animals!

Postby the real slayer » 23 December 2015, 00:10

Hello! I've thought of a new idea. All the PB2 enemies and NPCS are cool but how 'bout some new additions. New humanoid NPCS would be cool but what i think would be really cool to have is animal NPCS.

But how would animals work and what animals should be added? Well,I've thought of it this way:
Beware, wall of text incoming!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In general: First of all i believe that it's faction (Civils,Usurpers etc) should have their own kinds of animals which would attack the player. For example Civils could have dogs or lions or whatever/Usurpers could have their own imaginary animals like Usurpogs or Usurpions (run out of ideas here...) and so on with the other fanctions. I also think each fanction's rank should have their own animal. For example dogs would match with Civil Security Lights, Lions would match with Civil Security Heavy's, Usurpogs with Major Usurper Soldiers, Usurpions with Advanced Usurpation soldiers (once again sorry for the lame names) and so on with other ranks (maybe some of them could be ranged animals, some other melee ones etc. but only in the campaign. In the Level Editor i suggest you be able to customize them at your desire, as seen below.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Places: Enemies with animals would appear at certain places at the campaign. But how would they appear in maps and the Level Editor. As we all now we can place a character and then choose what skin we want him to have. I suppose that we could pick, the enemy with the suitable animal (from a new section called animals) (both animal's and owner's health would be customizable.) Of course it's vital we be able to choose the animal itself without an owner (and of course his health would be customizable.) I suggest the animals (and animal owners) only be available in theier own section not in the player's section (Lemme know what you think about this.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Behavior/AI: How would the AI of the animals work? Ok so here's what i think.First of all the animals should be able to climb up platforms like humans. Second of all the attacks. The animals would chase the character and attack him from close range. I also think that the knockback they receive from bullets should be decreased. (In addition when they hit the players a lot of times they could have a cooldown or something. Not sure about this idea tho.) Animals with owners should also stay close to their owner and chase the after the player only to some extent. However if their owner dies, before them, they could A)Become independent and chase after the players like they never had one or B) stay close to their owners dead body and only attack players if they come to close proximity (it's obvious that animals without an owner would just chase after the player.) Moreover some of the alien animals could also have some special abilities, for example a range attack (stretching their tongue till they hit the player, shooting lasers or others.)

How would this work on the Level Editor tho. Ok so, for human NPCS to do damage they must have been given a weapon (or swords.) I believe that it's essential animals be given something to actually do damage (some kind of special-only-for-animals-gun) and if they aren't given it, they just perform their attack animation without doing any damage. (There could also be some kind of special weapon for the special abilities and such.) But what if we want to give the ability of an Usurpog to a normal dog. Well the dog would be given the same gun but his streching tongue animation for example wouldn't show but would still do damage. (Other more simplistic attacks would show up, for instance laser shooting.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passive animals: Now i think that maybe some passive animals could be added, as well. I'm unsure about this so i don't have to add much here. I just think that maybe some passive animals (from all fanctions, for example Civils=goats, Usurpers=Usurpoats) are a good prospect. These animals would be picked from the Level Editor (only animals section) and no matter how much health you put them they want attack and when shot will just ran away.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So just let me know what you think about this, tell me if i forgot something, (improve the names lol), or add other ideas.

(If you didn't understand what i said above basically some types of animals could be implemented. They come in two different varieties with and without owner (practiclly there's a new section in the Level Editor where you pick the animals from which come with an alternative skin owner-animal, and of course the animals can come without an owner) and have a customizable AI, be melee or range attackers (range attacks come like a special ability), depends on the <weapon>/<ability> you give them.)

Sorry for the big text. Thank you for reading :D
Last edited by the real slayer on 3 December 2016, 18:31, edited 5 times in total.

the real slayer

Re: Animals!

Postby gameplayer10 » 23 December 2015, 04:41

What if there was a Space animal! get it? becuse ugh... PB2 has space suits on charaters? but i think it would fit on a animal!

gameplayer10
Recruit

Re: Animals!

Postby yi en » 23 December 2015, 05:18

Animals! perhaps battle horses in western city or animal launcher?
hmm looks like a great idea!
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Website / PB2 Game