Helmet/Gun Torches:

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Helmet/Gun Torches:

Postby assasinguy » 19 December 2015, 17:35

Hey guys I was playing one of the DLC missions on Metro where you don't get a helmet torch and it was terrifying at first but eventually I got more used to the darkness. I thought about how when you do have a helmet torch the shadows around where you're pointing it become darker, adding to the horror in the game because obviously anything can be hiding in those shadows. Then for some reason I thought of PB2, we have some horror maps but they don't really work ... It is a 2D side-scrolling flash game after all. Then I thought, maybe it can work with one addition.

This is more of a 2.5 idea, if you can customise your skins and weapons in 2.5 then torches could be an attachment, or alternatively they could be added to weapons or characters by the mapmaker themselves. Either way I think this could intensify horror maps, (I know, there aren't many of these maps but still ... ), by creating that shadow effect, imagine having to constantly scan the pitch black area around you for randomly spawning enemies who can jumpscare you?

It's a bit of a vague idea so far, and the main application of it would be horror maps, of which there aren't very many, but just tell me what you think, and if you can find anywhere else for it to work, I'm all ears. Thanks for reading : )
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Helmet/Gun Torches:

Postby guest-electric fish » 19 December 2015, 17:48

nice one but it can used in maps without lights
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby yi en » 20 December 2015, 14:05

helmet and gun torches. Hmm maybe yes or not. Here's my idea:
I guess helmet torches can be used in skin editor.
gun torches can enabled in gun editor, but only pistols. (or rifles?)
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby the real slayer » 20 December 2015, 14:41

This idea has potential.I believe this would add to the game.Whatsoever i'm a little unsure of how this would work on a 2D flash game.

the real slayer

Postby JDeck » 20 December 2015, 15:14

I agree with this idea , sometimes I like to make parts of map darker but then it would become too dark. So this idea would be 100% useful.
+1

JDeck

Postby SHAFIR 1 » 20 December 2015, 15:52

This is DEFINETELY a good thing I approve!
Horror maps get a bonus,normal maps get a bonus,it can be used in PB2.5 campaign as well if eric adds new levels,he could add a cave where you get a torch,and you need to light the way with the torch.
+1

SHAFIR 1
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 20 December 2015, 22:10

I was thinking mainly of horror maps, I've tried creating dark scary sections in maps before but people can't see anything so they complain, if you had a torch you'd be able to see but obviously it would still be dark where you're not pointing it so the horror of uncertainty would still be there. I guess it would have the same effect as a lamp but it would just be a thin cone of light coming from your gun or helmet or whatever.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby affectionatePapyrus » 22 December 2015, 02:12

How about other attachments, such as [s]those items from Half Life 2 Capture The Flag[/s] things like Medical Packs or portable Shield Generators?

affectionatePapyrus

Postby assasinguy » 22 December 2015, 23:09

affectionatePapyrus wrote:How about other attachments, such as [s]those items from Half Life 2 Capture The Flag[/s] things like Medical Packs or portable Shield Generators?

Well, that's a completely different idea isn't it, we're talking about helmet or gun torches here.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 3 January 2016, 19:56

God, imagine using flashlights to use in the dark while escaping from zombies lol

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 3 January 2016, 21:02

^ wat
imo, the suits already generate their own lights but in the pb2 trailer animation thing the marine does have that red light attached to his helmet.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 3 January 2016, 21:51

Ooohh Crap Baskets...I necroposted, k assasin u can lock it.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby assasinguy » 3 January 2016, 22:33

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Ooohh Crap Baskets...I necroposted, k assasin u can lock it.

Not a necropost, necroposts are after two weeks. Do try to stay on-topic though.

As for your previous post, yeah that's exactly what I want this for, horror maps, which includes zombie maps of course, but it's not the only application, you can use it in puzzle maps, saws, underground deathmatch arenas, you can make any type of map dark and add torches to make it more tense.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Traumatize » 4 January 2016, 03:27

It would be a great addition to have, not just for horror maps, but also combat ones, and maybe even traps/saws!

Traumatize
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 4 January 2016, 04:40

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Ooohh Crap Baskets...I necroposted, k assasin u can lock it.

Thats not exactly necroposting as you posted 13 days after the last person, necroposting is 15-16 days I think.

If Eric decides to add flashlights I think it would be cool to see dust or fog(when outside) in the area where the player is aiming/looking.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 4 January 2016, 07:01

Nice idea fam man,could see this working out well,i like it and find it useful +1 from me all the way man

Yung Bladee2K

Postby Konquer » 28 January 2016, 21:52

Necropost! Lock your own thread :) +1 by the way , cool idea.
http://prntscr.com/9je7ii Forum Takeover
http://prntscr.com/9w48i6 comeback
http://prntscr.com/bnnrqa Simple kill
Konquer
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 January 2016, 23:26

shadowstorm122 wrote:
Konquer wrote:Necropost! Lock your own thread :) +1 by the way , cool idea.

Nice post farming... plus offtopic.

instead of free-posting, use the report button.

@Konquer avoid necro-posting. Check the date from the last post next time. If its beyond 14 days then don't post since it would be a necro-post.

Topic locked.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Website / PB2 Game