Reduce impact/damage after penetration.

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Reduce impact/damage after penetration.

Postby JDeck » 19 December 2015, 10:01

Maybe when after the bullets penetrate through a walls , its damage and impact will be reduced by a little because the bullets have "wasted" some of its power in order to piece through the wall.
So that players with guns that have a high penetration vs players with guns that have low/zero penetration won't have too much advantage at maps with thin walls.

What do you guys think?

JDeck

Re: Reduce impact/damage after penetration.

Postby NNC » 19 December 2015, 10:23

Pretty sure that's how it is. At least I always thought so.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 19 December 2015, 11:20

Oh I see where you're coming from. But what if, for example, 3 players have been in a match for 10mins and their guns have less penetration then a 4th joins and since guns are client based, all his guns would have high penetration. Wouldn't that be an unfair advantage for the other 3 unless you keep joining.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby KARL SERG » 19 December 2015, 12:37

I thought that the Damage was reduced by default if the Wall was penetrated.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Silent Aurora » 19 December 2015, 12:42

KARL SERG wrote:I thought that the Damage was reduced by default if the Wall was penetrated.

Never really saw a difference when walls were penetrated or not.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby JDeck » 19 December 2015, 14:34

Silent Aurora wrote:Oh I see where you're coming from. But what if, for example, 3 players have been in a match for 10mins and their guns have less penetration then a 4th joins and since guns are client based, all his guns would have high penetration. Wouldn't that be an unfair advantage for the other 3 unless you keep joining.

Well I can't really disagree with your station but here is my opinion.

Brutal truth is , players who are not pro most likely doesn't know that those guns could piece through some thick walls. By the time the player knows it , he already got killed badly like lots of times. So generally , if the 3 player is noobs and the 1 is pro then it would already be quite balance. But lets not assume shall we?

For example you go to a match and you start killing people in lets say the famous map of " capture the base "(I forgot the map ID but honestly its the map where there is one huge base at the most left side of the map.) That map is a good example of where high-penetration guns are very OP and yet rare. You camp inside the base(You wont , but lets say you do ) and use your pistol-Co1/raygun/sniper and shoot people through walls. You would be dominating somehow already dominate like a quarter of a map with those high penetration guns and pro skills.
(If i remember , there is only 2 Pistol , 2 raygun and 1 sniper on that map.)

Plus lets look at the high penetration guns (Can piece through 40mm) :
Pistol Co-1 , even if it not used for piecing it is still a excellent gun to use due to its damage.
Raygun , it have a very high chance to 1 shot kill anyone.
Sniper rifle , like the raygun , it have a very high chance to 1 shot kill anyone.
Alien rifle , the only bad thing is its low fire-rate , but look at its damage , 2-4-shot from this gun and its already enough to kill.

Hence? Even though this may somehow make things a bit unfair but overall , it can also make things more fair to people getting all the low penetration guns with maps that have thin walls. (And more fair to noobs.)I mean , every good effect would have a bad effect.

Thats just my opinion though , different people have different views on this.

JDeck

Postby KARL SERG » 19 December 2015, 16:49

Silent Aurora wrote:
KARL SERG wrote:I thought that the Damage was reduced by default if the Wall was penetrated.

Never really saw a difference when walls were penetrated or not.

I saw that more Bullets were neccessary to kill somebody behind a Wall and I took less damage when I got shot in similar Circumstances, but it might have been Lag or Physics.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby NNC » 19 December 2015, 19:03

Just ran a few tests, the damage indeed reduces after penetrating a wall. Not that I ever thought vice versa...

What do we do with topics which suggest something that is already implemented?

JDeck wrote:lets look at the high penetration guns
The higher projectile damage is, the better penetration it has. Simple as that.
~~~~
NNC

Postby Krutz » 19 December 2015, 19:48

like nnc has said, the damage of a projectile does decrease after penetrating a wall

that above statement is very general, and sadly, i dont have any numbers nor algorithms to be specific about it (is the damage decreased governed by a constant that is subtracted, is the damage decreased governed by a percentage, does projectile angle matter, etc)

Krutz

Postby Eric Gurt » 19 December 2015, 21:43

In PB2 every penetration through wall multiplies projectile power by 0.7. Wall tolerance here does not matter, only penetration count does. More here: http://plazmabursttwo.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_statistics_%28multiplayer%29.

In PB2.5 bullet speed decreases during penetration and it's based on surface density and path length traveled by bullet in surface. So this already implemented in PB2.5 but will not be changed in PB2 - it does quite a lot of mess up with currently approved PB2 maps.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Return to Website / PB2 Game