Walk on low waters

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Walk on low waters

Postby ustopable » 10 December 2015, 13:23

So im pretty annoyed of if you try to walk on low waters they swim instead i can't get a pretty good forward momentum as a swim in this low water because i only have a small size since my tactics are rush forward so im suggesting that in low water the player will normally walk on it as long as the size of the water is lower than the character then you can swim in water if you hold x
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Walk on low waters

Postby ShiftyOne » 10 December 2015, 22:04

While not a bad idea actually, because there are some map makers who have attempting in creating swamp themed team battles, but because of that very fact, it was pretty much just the olympic swimming competitions with machine guns.

BUT

A lot of people, and I mean A LOT of people use those physics for water elevators. Many parkour maps will have one block thick water covering a lot of surfaces to create a harder challenge.

Only solution would have to be a way to control those physics in the map creator program.
~Others are coming, you will be destroyed~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cexT2aE0M5w
ShiftyOne
Recruit

Postby yi en » 12 December 2015, 09:06

Add a trigger
Toggle water A to non-physical
OR
Toggle player A won't effect water in region B.
I guess that May works.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Agreed

Postby Vexiled » 14 December 2015, 18:48

I've had similar problems, as in one of my maps I have it so you walk over "blood" but you sometimes end up just swimming across the ground (Funny sight though). And as much as I agree with you, ShiftyOne poses a good argument; many of the older-fashioned maps DO use water ladders, which would be rendered useless if this were implemented. Newer map-makers generally know better than to use these water ladders (As it's unprofessional and doesn't look good), so it wouldn't effect them much, but are we willing to sacrifice many of PB2's classics?
We are machines, tools bereft of heart. We have lived, yet were never alive. Let us die having lived.
Vexiled
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mingo1 » 15 December 2015, 01:28

I agree with yi en, make it a trigger.

Too many maps already use low water purposely for things like ladders, riverbeds, etc.
Having this as a default function would ruin it.

Also, making it a trigger would allow it to be flexible. Like attaching a timer to it.
1 minute the players are running on the low water, the next they all fall and have to swim in it. Just a thought.

Not bad, I like the idea!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby maxim12 » 17 December 2015, 19:49

Like many said, make it a trigger.

As for now, this can be done by creating fake water.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby assasinguy » 17 December 2015, 22:20

The puddles of blood in some of my matches do get really annoying so yes, definitely do this, and as most people already said make it a trigger. Some SAW maps have huge drops and then a small amount of water before the ground so that you have to hold down W to survive. Then there's blood puddles and decorations which can get annoying with the current water physics.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Website / PB2 Game