Swords stay on death

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Swords stay on death

Postby The_Annihilator » 25 November 2015, 21:29

It would be cool if the psi swords stayed on the character's arms when he/she died. Just because it looks kind of weird when your playing a game, sword battle for example, and when you kill someone, their swords just kind of disappear. Also, this detail could really make the game more realistic, which is what Eric Gurt seems to be aiming for in the new update.

The_Annihilator

Re: Swords stay on death

Postby Krutz » 26 November 2015, 03:10

The_Annihilator wrote:It would be cool if the psi swords stayed on the character's arms when he/she died. Just because it looks kind of weird when your playing a game, sword battle for example, and when you kill someone, their swords just kind of disappear. Also, this detail could really make the game more realistic, which is what Eric Gurt seems to be aiming for in the new update.

I like what jerry said a while ago: it seems reasonable for the swords to deactivate upon death since the battlesuit is damaged, and therefore the battlesuit's functions are crippled (PSI blades cease working)

I'm not sure what your talk about "realism" is, since this is game contains fictional concepts

in other words, something in a fictional game such as pb2 should not be deleted simply because it seems "fake" or "not real"

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby xChakra » 26 November 2015, 03:12

Realism in a game where you can use energy from your forearms to propell youself 8-10 meters in the air will making your body limp.
Sounds good.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra

Postby The_Annihilator » 26 November 2015, 04:48

well, why i'm saying "realism" is because on Eric's twitter, he talks about breakable walls and blood dissolving in water.
I'm not saying he's making the whole thing realistic, just that he's adding some details that could be considered realistic.

The_Annihilator

Postby Alica » 27 November 2015, 01:27

I guess, the battlesuit does shut itself, including the psy blades, down after the "lifeform" wearing it died.
Alica

Postby maxim12 » 28 November 2015, 13:59

I agree with the idea the OP mentioned.

It's really awkward how Psi swords just magicaly dissapear when you die.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby KARL SERG » 28 November 2015, 14:20

Maybe the Swords are tied to the Life-Force that uses the Armor. If the Swords would cease to Function when the Armor is damaged, then the People with Broken Feet would not be able to use Swords either.

Why would you want this, anyway? It's not as awkward as it seems (see my Life-Force Hypothesis) and would have little Applications. Maybe a Dead Body could fly into somebody and kill that Person with the Swords, but Alive Players can't do that, so why should Dead Players?
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby NNC » 28 November 2015, 15:26

Wait, someone doesn't understand it's a feature? People nowadays have low common sense... Krutz basically explained everything.

maxim12 wrote:It's really awkward how Psi swords just magicaly dissapear when you die.
Magically? What'd you say if your phone discharge? "The phone just magically shut down"?
I suggest you to read the 2nd message in this thread.
~~~~
NNC

Postby assasinguy » 29 November 2015, 17:18

Alica wrote:I guess, the battlesuit does shut itself, including the psy blades, down after the "lifeform" wearing it died.

... What Alica said.

Whilst I can understand your argument that it would "look cool" the argument that it is realistic is definitely not valid. Overall I think things are fine the way they are now with swords disappearing upon death. -1 from me.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 29 November 2015, 19:22

It's basically like in Star Wars where a Jedi dies, their lightsaber will automatically turn off without any signs of interference. It actually makes sense where if someone died, their suit systems will shut down including PSI blades without manual interference. I don't know what to say, but I will say that I wouldn't like this idea. It is a little bit weird. -1 from me.

Sometimes a glitch happens in campaign where your swords won't disappear on death, but it's rare.
Ghost Killer823
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Silent Aurora » 29 November 2015, 20:19

Eh, i think its better to keep it how it is right now, as everyone explained above why.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby The_Annihilator » 29 November 2015, 23:46

I'm getting a lot of negative responses from this, so I guess it's a bad idea. Topic Locked.

The_Annihilator

Return to Website / PB2 Game