Solution to waiting:

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Solution to waiting:

Postby assasinguy » 23 November 2015, 23:45

Hey guys, I was just playing a SAW, (I'm terrible at SAWs but anyways), and I noticed something. Every time someone new joins they have to wait for everyone else to die before spawning. Now, I know the reasons for this so you don't need to remind me, in competitive COOP maps such as Railwars or Realwars or Snipers, allowing newly joining players to spawn in the middle of a round would make the game unfair.

However, in Parkour maps or SAWs or anything similar which is a test of the individual, allowing players to spawn as soon as they join would just make things easier, you wouldn't end up with people shouting or trying to kick each other just so they can play, and less people would leave the match out of frustration because they don't want to wait.

I think this could be implemented as an engine mark, or the equivalent of an engine mark in PB2.5. Obviously any map with this engine mark would not be approved, it would simply be there to improve the fluidity of gameplay in individually challenging maps.

I've posted the idea now, the rest is up to you. Give your support or criticism, love or hate, just make sure you have good reasons if you're going to hate. Thanks for reading : )
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Solution to waiting:

Postby darkstar 1 » 24 November 2015, 07:42

Some maps have your idea already, but yes, it would be better if the more popular saw maps have this.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: Solution to waiting:

Postby NNC » 24 November 2015, 16:22

Pretty sure it's already possible to do that via trigger that heals everyone after 2-3 seconds of the match start.

I also have to mention that many saw maps require cooperation of at least 2 players, so a single newly joined player wouldn't be able to do very much.
In the other hand, client-sided synchronization allows to run few "matches" in one, and nothing would screw up for 2 new players even if there's already a player almost at the end of the map...

IDK
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Website / PB2 Game