Making reflecting easier

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Making reflecting easier

Postby pixelbyte » 8 November 2015, 16:10

Yeah so we can reflect bullets in pb2, but can we make it easier so it can become easy enough to become a tactic?

Maybe it already is, but i mean like without slowmo (for multiplayer)

then it would be easier and reflecting would be used more.

maybe this idea is bad, but idk.

post what you guies think.

pixelbyte

Re: Making reflecting easier

Postby Krutz » 8 November 2015, 23:00

I think projectile deflection is a bit of a problem in pb2, because it is not based on skill in normal-time environments

I believe swords are primarily meant for extremely high damage at close range and that deflected projectiles should inflict much, much less damage than normal

i could even go as far to say that projectile deflection should be removed, although it is quite a distinct feature to the game

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Ghostehz » 9 November 2015, 01:29

I think reflecting should stay, but only for projectiles that deal less damage than that of the PSI's damage. Idk, I'm just shooting a random suggestion, don't shoot me k

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Krutz » 9 November 2015, 02:20

Ghostehz wrote:but only for projectiles that deal less damage than that of the PSI's damage.

that wouldn't change much considering that would apply for 95% of projectiles in the game

Krutz

Postby protagonist » 9 November 2015, 03:17

What do you mean by "easier"? It's already pretty damn easy IMO.
protagonist
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 9 November 2015, 03:26

protagonist wrote:What do you mean by "easier"? It's already pretty damn easy IMO.

Basically this. All you really need to do is time your clicking right and hope you timed your swords right.

It'll be extremely difficult doing so without slow-motion because bullets and projectiles, by default, move at a speed where reflecting them isn't exactly possible. That's why you can only reflect bullets when in slow-motion or when they're slow, because they don't move extremely fast and you have more time to react in order to deflect them.

It's like trying to snipe a fast-moving target. You won't ever manage to hit it unless it slows down and you have enough time to line up your aim, fire, and then hit it.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby maxim12 » 10 November 2015, 14:02

I agree about the reflection, reflecting shots is hard, mainly in MP, if you do so you are extremely lucky, It's a very rare thing happened to me when i shoot someone with sniper and he reflected my sniper shot and killed me. :O :O

Also i had that when i was so lucky to reflect a sniper shot. :O

I say the Bullet reflect mechanics needs to be changed... It's just way too "Random" or "Luck" based.

I think about when slicing, make it so when a bullet hits your swords while slicing (Holding fire) it has a % chance that the bullet will be reflected.

The different % chances on reflecting depends on the bullet speed, example It's a lower chance to reflect a sniper shot (Since It's fast.) than to reflect a pistol bullet since pistol bullet travels much slower than sniper.

And since eric is going to implent different types of sword wich differs in different fire rate, damage, range, etc... make each swords differ in reflecting bullet % chance.

Just a suggestion.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby NNC » 10 November 2015, 17:12

maxim12 wrote:I say the Bullet reflect mechanics needs to be changed... It's just way too "Random" or "Luck" based.

I think about when slicing, make it so when a bullet hits your swords while slicing (Holding fire) it has a % chance that the bullet will be reflected.
ayy lmao
Blaming the current reflection "system" for being "too random" (at which point it became random, anyway?), then suggesting a completely luck-based one. gg
~~~~
NNC

Postby ilijah999 » 10 November 2015, 21:07

Its not random. If u use slo-mo it does WORK. Its not random either. Its all about timing it JUST right. without slo-mo you just gotta be pro. and it is a little random.

ilijah999

Postby Krutz » 11 November 2015, 04:29

ilijah999 wrote:Its not random. If u use slo-mo it does WORK. Its not random either. Its all about timing it JUST right. without slo-mo you just gotta be pro. and it is a little random.

its practically "random" (although you're right, it's not random) in real-time environments because you need to form contact with a deflect-able projectile with the length of a blade. The length of a blade's hitbox is like the length of your legs—intersecting a bullet's box with your blade's box is incredibly difficult. It's so difficult that it's not based on skill/calculation, you need to just click in quick succession and just hope you hit the bullet, and that's about it

Krutz

Return to Website / PB2 Game