(R) Revivalist Phase II Topic 1: Ranking System (R)

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: (R) Revivalist Phase II Topic 1: Ranking System (R)

Postby monkeyman2535 » 13 November 2015, 05:09

xChakra wrote:Blah blah pessimism blah blah oh doom and gloom.
You make these forums so happy :)

Would appreciate it if you would respond to discussion posts with discussion instead of sorely misdirected nonsense, but that's okay
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Niro 1 » 13 November 2015, 10:27

xChakra wrote:Blah blah pessimism blah blah oh doom and gloom.
You make these forums so happy :)

Don't go offtopic. If you're going to post something, make it relevant to the topic. If not, don't bother.

Niro 1
Recruit

Postby mingo1 » 14 November 2015, 03:48

Niro 1 wrote:Don't go offtopic. If you're going to post something, make it relevant to the topic. If not, don't bother.

Ay, nice man. Keepin' things under control. I like it!

On-topic again, I'm going to jump in now and say that the most EFFECTIVE (not the best) system for ranking up in terms of leaderboards, stats, and more was the system back in 2013: K/D ratio.

The people with the highest K/D sky-rocketed in the top 100. The system was simplistic. Not only could people with obvious skill earn their way to the top, but someone that was farming could be detected and banned by a staff member.

Additionally, Approved and Unapproved maps would count towards K/D and Custom Maps (because of saw, house, and school maps, etc.) wouldn't count towards K/D.

Just my own two cents.

;)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby xChakra » 14 November 2015, 16:46

You don't understand. Before you think about ranking, you need to get people active in ranked. Its not top 100 that sucks because of the system, its the fact that only noobs(and me) play it.
Hell, I don't even play this much anymore, and I'm close to getting 1st.
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 14 November 2015, 17:13

People just need motivation to play again. Where will that motivation come from? New ranking system.

Because right now its almost impossible to get onto that list and top 100 is basically a bounty.

I believe Eric has confirmed that PP won't be the ranking system for pb2.5
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Sniper J » 15 November 2015, 04:59

Silent Aurora wrote:People just need motivation to play again. Where will that motivation come from? New ranking system.

Because right now its almost impossible to get onto that list and top 100 is basically a bounty.

It's only impossible to get onto the Top 100 because no one plays anymore, because the ranking system is bullshit.

Sniper J

Postby Silent Aurora » 15 November 2015, 17:49

Sniper J wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:People just need motivation to play again. Where will that motivation come from? New ranking system.

It's only impossible to get onto the Top 100 because no one plays anymore, because the ranking system is bullshit.

Hence why we need a new ranking system.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby xChakra » 15 November 2015, 22:39

Holy shit.

You know what, you made this topic, but all you're going to get are complaints. I provided something logical and something YOU can do if you are in the Revivalists.
System =/= Problem
Get people active on ranked or you fail.
Period.
xChakra

Postby monkeyman2535 » 15 November 2015, 23:46

xChakra wrote:...
Holy shit.

You know what, you made this topic, but all you're going to get are complaints. I provided something logical and something YOU can do if you are in the Revivalists.
System =/= Problem
Get people active on ranked or you fail.
Period.

You don't seem to get it. YES, THE SYSTEM IS A PROBLEM. The ranking system IS WHY people are active or inactive in ranked matches. If the system is bad, that means people will feel that their efforts will not attain a sufficient reward for them, either because it is too difficult to get the reward or because the reward doesn't feel like it is an accomplishment.
The idea is to create a top 100 rank system that allows people to feel that their efforts will produce a worthwhile reward. That is the purpose of a ranking system in the first place. The purpose of this topic is to discuss that. I find it difficult to believe you've been on this topic this long and not figured that out.
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535

Postby xChakra » 16 November 2015, 00:50

Community = Dead
= no ppl playing ranked
k?
xChakra

Postby NNC » 16 November 2015, 08:02

Before blaming PP for all the faults of the Top 100/20/whatever, try to remove the ping limit enforcer from ranked matches w/o changing the (rest of) ranking system. I have a feeling that PP isn't the main reason of people not playing ranked.
~~~~
NNC

Postby Silent Aurora » 16 November 2015, 14:09

NNC wrote:Before blaming PP for all the faults of the Top 100/20/whatever, try to remove the ping limit enforcer from ranked matches w/o changing the (rest of) ranking system. I have a feeling that PP isn't the main reason of people not playing ranked.

Do you know how the current PP system works? It's not the same as it was 2 years ago (2013). Let's say that happens, more people do come into ranked matches. Then what? You have to get the ppp from people that have it (which is the minority of top 100). There aren't that many people with ppp so people would just be playing in ranked for no reason since getting ppp is unlikely.

What needs to happen is a new system. I spoke to eric about the ping limit and he said something along the lines about "not an issue" in pb2.5
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby guest-electric fish » 16 November 2015, 15:13

This topic is so serious even I am not into ranked matches.farming is a problem which it has to end.players points is for the best of all.i think that we can make it better by have a point system which when you have players points you earn 1 point
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 17 November 2015, 01:55

guest-electric fish wrote:This topic is so serious even I am not into ranked matches.farming is a problem which it has to end.players points is for the best of all.i think that we can make it better by have a point system which when you have players points you earn 1 point

playing approved single player maps to get points is better. "like the system on geometry dash?"

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby xChakra » 17 November 2015, 23:10

Every system is cheatable.
Maybe people should have match records that the staff can view.
xChakra

Postby Silent Aurora » 17 November 2015, 23:25

xChakra wrote:Every system is cheatable.
Maybe people should have match records that the staff can view.

Good idea but that isn't achievable becuase there would be hundreds of players.online and only 2/3 staff members.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby xChakra » 18 November 2015, 23:19

Maybe it would apply only to top 100 and challengers, and that staff should be assigned to check a certain amount.
Silent Aurora checks top 10
Alica checks 20-11
Monovalent checks 30-21
And so on.
xChakra

Postby Riften » 21 November 2015, 20:29

Terabrion wrote:
Riften wrote:For anyone that is complaining about the ranked matches not allowing people with higher pings, just stop. First of all, Eric wanted to make the pings relatively smooth between players in-order to decrease the lag. Ranked matches are meant for skill not whoever lags better can get a better chance of surviving/killing.

It is obvious you have no idea what you talk about, also YOU CAN ALWAYS set the ping you want, remember? Genius.
Laggers have both advantage and disadvantage, they look like an advantage because we cannot see their point of view, but us being faster than them is much of an advantage.

Not to go overly off-topic but xXNITROXx all your posts are always negative... I mean damn. I've never seen you in-game and the forums say one thing nice but speak with ignorance.

I've lagged before xXNITROXx, everyone does once an awhile.

In addition, I do know what i'm talking about. I said that one of the reasons* Eric made ranked matches with a ping limit is to make everything as fair as he could in Ranked Matches. Second, I gave you a direct quote from Eric stating there will be a good chance of multiple systems for people who achieved stuff like high map skills, kills, etc.
Riften
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Terabrion » 21 November 2015, 20:51

Riften wrote:In addition, I do know what i'm talking about. I said that one of the reasons* Eric made ranked matches with a ping limit is to make everything as fair as he could in Ranked Matches. Second, I gave you a direct quote from Eric stating there will be a good chance of multiple systems for people who achieved stuff like high map skills, kills, etc.

Negative? Sure thing.
I don't see why you mention that second point since it doesn't have to do with what I criticised in your post.
Then you say:
Riften wrote:I've lagged before xXNITROXx, everyone does once an awhile.

You cannot compare this to a daily journey of a person from, for example, Asia, whose ping is always above the limit (I'm giving an example, I know some people have got really fast connections).
And now, I attacked your post directly because of this:
Riften wrote:For anyone that is complaining about the ranked matches not allowing people with higher pings, just stop. First of all, Eric wanted to make the pings relatively smooth between players in-order to decrease the lag. Ranked matches are meant for skill not whoever lags better can get a better chance of surviving/killing.

In my eyes, you simply utterly insulted players who have connection problems. They have no chance to play for a top position, and that's segregation.
As I said in my previous post, a ping limit can be set by a player when making a match, or at least that was in the past.
It's like shake my fücking head that people have to be this stupid not to know how to do such simple thing.
And this is just to finish, things can be made as fair as people want with their own ping limits, SETTING A DEFAULT ping limit makes the contrary, makes things unfair, in this case, for those ''laggers''.
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion

Postby 20942458 » 25 November 2015, 10:26

This is mine idea :
when you want to play you will choose between three options : 1.low-ranked 2.medium-ranked 3.high-ranked
then it will show you a list of games like normal you will also be able to create games.
-hightly-ranked players cant join medium and low ranked 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Website / PB2 Game