Map Comment Notifications

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Map Comment Notifications

Postby Resi » 12 October 2018, 15:20

Currently, map comments are obscure to map makers. Comments serve purposes such as sharing your thoughts, criticiquing and telling what you like.

I think there should be a setting to enable/disable notifications for this, it could be recycled with the inbox system, having the easter egg account ( https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac ... &id=663495 ) PM you something like "Randy Pitchford commented on your map Gunshop, *url*".

Sure, PMs and other contact methods exist, but not all map makers share their discord, allow PMs or other things.
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Map Comment Notifications

Postby phsc » 25 October 2018, 22:31

this is a great idea indeed

also being able to get proof that people commented on your map, not sure how pb2 deals with this as if it removes the comment from the database or it just disables it but if it just drops it its great!
INTJ 5w6 3w4 8w7
If you want to join Ditzys my gulag discord server PM me.
phsc
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Map Comment Notifications

Postby yi en » 16 November 2018, 10:48

Map comment notification work best if you're a little bit of famous and everyone uses comment section as well.
I rather to have a better map comment section if compared to the notification.

If nobody even uses comment section of the map page, all we received is who voted to your map. that's all.

for that, I stand neutral for that.
A 2012~2015 map developer, who just retired in late 2015, waiting for PB 2.5 Alpha version of map editor and tried to learn them all :D
when PB 2.5 exist, the on planning SP map (The eagle's journey) will start developing.
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Website / PB2 Game