Editing posts gives notifications to people who have seen it

Give us your feedback about the forum! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Editing posts gives notifications to people who have seen it

Postby phsc » 14 February 2019, 17:15

Also may I suggest make the title max characters a higher value.

This is useful because many times the cause of double posting is adding more information later when maybe people have read it yet not replied.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Editing posts gives notifications to people who have see

Postby ZapruderFilm » 15 February 2019, 11:49

Don't think something like this is possible.
Unfortunately it would require upgrading to a different/newer forum, and I don't think it's likely to happen.
However, should it happen, a new plethora of forum features will also be suddenly possible along with it.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby phsc » 15 February 2019, 13:01

ZapruderFilm wrote:Don't think something like this is possible.
Unfortunately it would require upgrading to a different/newer forum, and I don't think it's likely to happen.
However, should it happen, a new plethora of forum features will also be suddenly possible along with it.

So, what about a simple method of fixing this notification issue:

There is that rule where one cannot doublepost, which makes sense in many cases, but when someone just added information to their post and it has been a while or people have seen it, I think one should be able to doublepost for the notification feature, purely.

The rule is pretty useless in my opinion, but you might say: what if someone uses that to get many forum posts?
There is a specific rule agaisn't spam.

A good example of this rule being quite bad was in that post about gun damage variation, which I made a post before talking about how dumb Jason Eden and Ressurection were being but thing is, I'm sure Ressurection and Jason Eden didn't change their minds, but I think if I went into the code and showed Ressurection that there is no damage variation on at least the gun side of the code, he could change his mind because he told me he was going to do more testing in the PB2 discord, which implies he did see the post.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 15 February 2019, 13:53

Honestly, when I joined the staff team the rules of the forum had previously been established and since I was not staff at the time I am unsure of their justifications etc...
Many of the rules on the forums do appear to be outdated in my opinion.
However, I still do not fully understand the reasons for their implementations, and as someone who isn't heavily involved with forum management I can't really chime in.
Perhaps if other staff see this and agree change may happen.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Forum