forum signature size

Give us your feedback about the forum! Or have an idea? Post it here!

forum signature size

Postby Roxxar » 17 January 2017, 22:14

i know i posted this in the complaint megathread but yeah i would like for signatures to be slightly bigger, perhaps 120px. i dont have much rationale behind this other than the fact that:

1) most signatures/images generally tend to look better with a higher resolution.
(example: my signature at 80px and 120px)

2) there's usually empty space at the bottom of most posts as most posts (im only using mine as an example; it does not represent how long/short all posts on the forum are) are generally quite short.

one could argue that the difference between 80px and 120px is either too minute or somehowingly too big of a difference. well tbh it is a minute difference and i have no clue how signature sizes would affect bandwidth/loading time/server load/lag/etc, but i assume it cannot be that big of a change to cause severe performance issues, as many other forums i've seen have no limits on image size and with no real repercussion other than the occasional annoyingly-large or video signatures (which this forum doesnt have to worry about).

once again, i am glad that they are back and with some limitations as to prevent annoying ones, but in my opinion 80px is a tad small for my preference (and once again i feel the need to put this here, but my preference does not define the entire forums' nor community's preference; i dont feel entitled that my wish be fulfilled or seen through thoroughly, i just want to share it)

tl;dr - 80px signature size seems small, perhaps an increase to 120px will look better?
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: forum signature size

Postby Hikarikaze » 17 January 2017, 22:31

The only issue is the resolution size; some computers can't process larger images as fast as they can render something that's 80px but that also depends on the Internet connection too. Even the best computer with the worst connection will have issues loading everything quickly, but this isn't a serious issue. It's minor if anything

My signature is about ~160px (too lazy to resize it back to 120px or 80px because my posts are longer than my own signature usually) tall and I can load it just fine at a decent speed, regardless of the computer and connection I have. Same goes for gifs in signatures and signatures with multiple images in it

I don't mind having signatures being 120px considering some look better at a higher resolution as is the case with your own signature and mine
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby DoomWrath » 18 January 2017, 04:11

It was limited to 50px to begin with. Now it's 80px. It may be enlarged, but I see no need.

With minimum post sizes, a signature of 80px takes up a deadzone. With any decent sized post taking up more than a few lines, any signature of any size is taking up forum space, enlarging topics with repetitive images or text that seen once, may be interesting, but can get irritating or even obnoxious quickly.

This isn't that large a post and already my 80px height signature is enlarging my post a little.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 26 January 2017, 05:49

I built my old signature under the exact restrictions of the older signature rules and it was deleted because they changed the limits when they re-enabled them.
It sucks because that was literally the best one I'd ever made.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Forum