Edited post.

Give us your feedback about the forum! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Edited post.

Postby LazyRain » 5 August 2016, 11:31

My idea is: Displaying time of the last edit of topic's posts and mark as unread or something. Because in my topic about new weapon I have edited my last post on July 17th, but this post was made two weeks before it. Thus, externally it isn't visible that there were some changes.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Edited post.

Postby Terror Only » 5 August 2016, 11:52

people might abuse this option to bump their own topics
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby LazyRain » 5 August 2016, 11:56

Terror Only wrote:people might abuse this option to bump their own topics

Yes. Also, I have forgotten to tell that necropost time still counted from the last post, not editing.
LazyRain

Postby Terror Only » 5 August 2016, 12:35

LazyRain wrote:
Terror Only wrote:people might abuse this option to bump their own topics

Yes. Also, I have forgotten to tell that necropost time still counted from the last post, not editing.

no, i mean it's like an approved map bump: you update the map and then it appears at the top of approved maps list. players like spartan138 or blade abused this a lot to gain more votes and plays on their maps.

same for forum posts and topics, certain users will gain more views and replies with the option you are suggesting
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby LazyRain » 5 August 2016, 13:23

Terror Only wrote:no, i mean it's like an approved map bump: you update the map and then it appears at the top of approved maps list. players like spartan138 or blade abused this a lot to gain more votes and plays on their maps.

same for forum posts and topics, certain users will gain more views and replies with the option you are suggesting

I get it. I have offered it because my topic almost at the end of the page. I have added to the last post an animation, but nobody knows about it because in the list it looks as readed. Maybe it will be helpful for others too.
Small addition. If you have edited your post in 60 days after date of the last post, then it will be something like a necropost - warning and lock topic.
Last edited by LazyRain on 5 August 2016, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
LazyRain

Postby Terror Only » 5 August 2016, 14:02

LazyRain wrote:
Terror Only wrote:no, i mean it's like an approved map bump: you update the map and then it appears at the top of approved maps list. players like spartan138 or blade abused this a lot to gain more votes and plays on their maps.

I get it. I have offered it because my topic almost at the end of the page. I have added to the last post an animation, but nobody knows about it because in the list it looks as readed. Maybe it will be helpful for others too.
Small addition. If you have edited your post in 60 days after date of the last post, then it will be something like a necropost - warning and lock topic.

if you want users to see your animations then ask your friend to reply to your topic or ask a mod to bump it

but i see where you're coming from. this option would definitely be useful, but i don't think that everyone would appreciate the forum turning into a bumping race. your suggestion needs some extra scripting
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Protonoid » 5 August 2016, 14:50

You can always contact a staff member to bump your topic if really needed.
This thing can create a lot of problems to users using the "Search" thing of the forum. And would be a waste of time for regular users.
Protonoid

Return to Forum