generic title

This is a place to show the community any other artwork!

generic title

Postby thetoppestkek » 24 February 2017, 16:50

I had a bit of spare time today so I drew this IMI TAVOR-looking rifle. Also, it's desert camo and not golden fyi
I did the shading by drawing a lot of lines passing through the rifle and then coloring the gap left between the lines with a base hex color, and then modifying that hex color. And yes, that's a thumbhole grip.

Spoiler: Show More

quick edit: the forums won't display the whole rifle, visit link http://i.imgur.com/hm9oN24.png if this occurs
another edit: fixed color scheme and proportion issues
Last edited by thetoppestkek on 25 February 2017, 08:33, edited 2 times in total.
sometimes i dream of cheese
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: generic title

Postby neoexdeath » 24 February 2017, 17:42

First of all I'd like to say that the shading adds more depth to the gun. Also, the combination of yellow and gray looks very good (especially the yellow, it would really make it stand out among other weapons). Finally, the details are quite simple yet give the gun a more complex look.

All in all, looks pretty cool to me. Also, you might want to change the title into somethings else (preferably the name of your weapon).
neoexdeath
Recruit

Postby thetoppestkek » 24 February 2017, 18:50

neoexdeath wrote:First of all I'd like to say that the shading adds more depth to the gun. Also, the combination of yellow and gray looks very good (especially the yellow, it would really make it stand out among other weapons). Finally, the details are quite simple yet give the gun a more complex look.

All in all, looks pretty cool to me. Also, you might want to change the title into somethings else (preferably the name of your weapon).

I actually aimed for a light brown-ish color for the gun itself, not a yellow one. I aimed for a desert camo-like scheme for the gun and I'm quite satisfied with the result. (about the title, these kind of titles tend to attract more attention but hik would probably see me in court if she finds this)

On other note, I'll be making an arctic camo version of this as well.
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 25 February 2017, 00:04

It's decent. The shading is my only concern; if you were to project this in 3D, the gun would be rounded across both ends of the gun. There should be some diversity/variation in depth and surfaces. Making a weapon look good with very consistent shading all over isn't very easy

Other than that, there's just some minor proportion issues and the colors don't really match a desert environment that well

thetoppestkek wrote:(about the title, these kind of titles tend to attract more attention but hik would probably see me in court if she finds this)

I can guarantee and confirm that these titles barely attract attention. I just name my topics with generic titles because I either can't make a good title at the time or I don't want to publicize the name of my creations here
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Dandamage » 25 February 2017, 07:05

Try to make it a brighter yellow. This one is more gold than sand.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby thetoppestkek » 25 February 2017, 08:31

Hikarikaze wrote:It's decent. The shading is my only concern; if you were to project this in 3D, the gun would be rounded across both ends of the gun. There should be some diversity/variation in depth and surfaces. Making a weapon look good with very consistent shading all over isn't very easy

Other than that, there's just some minor proportion issues and the colors don't really match a desert environment that well

Although I did not intend the weapon itself for 3D projection, I did attempt to try and fix the proportion and color scheme issues this morning. Whilst color scheme might not be as close to desert camoufladge-like, it's definitely closer to a desert camoufladge-like color scheme

I was also being sarcastic about the entire title thing, I just can't find a decent name for the gun at the moment

Dandamage wrote:Try to make it a brighter yellow. This one is more gold than sand.

I already re-skinned the weapon with a more sand-like color scheme. However, I might attempt to make it a golden re-skin in the future, if I actually feel like it.

I am also working on another weapon as well.
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Anechoic » 25 February 2017, 11:32

This looks like a famas with no ironsite and a basic barrel.
Anechoic
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby thetoppestkek » 25 February 2017, 12:50

Anechoic wrote:This looks like a famas with no ironsite and a basic barrel.

I think you can't go any more wrong than this.

Side-by-side comparison to a FAMAS (your opinion on it)

Side-by-side comparison to an IMI TAVOR TAR-21 (what it's based off)

quick edit: the forums don't display the entire screenshot, visit link http://i.imgur.com/KpnauLW.png if this occurs
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Anechoic » 25 February 2017, 14:38

thetoppestkek wrote:
Anechoic wrote:This looks like a famas with no ironsite and a basic barrel.

I think you can't go any more wrong than this.

Side-by-side comparison to a FAMAS (your opinion on it)

Side-by-side comparison to an IMI TAVOR TAR-21 (what it's based off)

quick edit: the forums don't display the entire screenshot, visit link http://i.imgur.com/KpnauLW.png if this occurs

I apologize I'm not a gun expert though I have a basic knowledge with gun layouts such as placement.

Even though I misinterpreted it as a "Famas" your design should be refined with details and meaningful design.
overall I can say your work wasn't easy. It's a good design that's all I can say.
Anechoic
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Civil-Lite » 5 March 2017, 04:57

Some reason it does remind me a bit of one of those guns they would use in Halo, but in other words I like it.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Return to Other Art