Postby Silk1 » 29 February 2020, 14:20

From a request.
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: Alex

Postby Silk1 » 29 February 2020, 17:15

Took me like 5 hours on this, yikes.
Last edited by Silk1 on 1 March 2020, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 29 February 2020, 17:25

Fordex wrote:I recommend dont spam arts in forums

I would recommend you to read the rules also if in the future you see any rule break or you believe there is any rule break use the report button instead
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby Rayie » 29 February 2020, 19:39

Looks alright, but some parts could use more detail than others, ex; boots are well detailed, but the gloves and arms are less detailed. Also it doesnt make sense to have a holstered pistol, the game will automatically do it if you have one.
DoomWrath wrote:I have a cat. It's quite a modern model, I think it's the compact version. Got it with the optional 1" paws, sun roof, and cruise control.
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Girl_Power » 1 March 2020, 00:04

Wow! I really gotta wonder how you make these awesome artworks! This skin looks very modern and I especially like the vest and legs. Minimalist yet very detailed.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Silk1 » 1 March 2020, 02:31

Rayie wrote:Looks alright, but some parts could use more detail than others, ex; boots are well detailed, but the gloves and arms are less detailed. Also it doesnt make sense to have a holstered pistol, the game will automatically do it if you have one.

The requester told me to make sure to draw the holster pistol and the boots should be detailed(example the laces).
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Rayie » 1 March 2020, 15:46

Silk1 wrote:The requester told me to make sure to draw the holster pistol

Ah, okay, didnt know that
Silk1 wrote:the boots should be detailed(example the laces).

Yeah, but I just dont think it fits the game's style. I drew up something really quick showing what I mean. I used a size 4 brush for every detail, even the boot laces. Sure, it doesnt look as precise, however it looks like something that could easily blend in with the other assets (to be fair, at this point with all the user assets, it probably doesnt matter but it just looks cleaner)

At the end of the day, you have your own style and the character is drawn really well, this is just my two cents
DoomWrath wrote:I have a cat. It's quite a modern model, I think it's the compact version. Got it with the optional 1" paws, sun roof, and cruise control.
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby The_Admiral » 1 March 2020, 18:49

Rayie wrote:
Silk1 wrote:The requester told me to make sure to draw the holster pistol

Ah, okay, didnt know that
Silk1 wrote:the boots should be detailed(example the laces).

Yeah, but I just dont think it fits the game's style. I drew up something really quick showing what I mean. I used a size 4 brush for every detail, even the boot laces. Sure, it doesnt look as precise, however it looks like something that could easily blend in with the other assets (to be fair, at this point with all the user assets, it probably doesnt matter but it just looks cleaner)

At the end of the day, you have your own style and the character is drawn really well, this is just my two cents

Smaller boots and camo pants? Sorry, but i don't like it. The request was made with the Anime-style he made his characters with, like Emerald and that was the style i wanted, not sounding rude here but i'm saying it shouldn't be changed, that's all.
The_Admiral
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 2 March 2020, 02:16

The_Admiral wrote:Smaller boots and camo pants? Sorry, but i don't like it. The request was made with the Anime-style he made his characters with, like Emerald and that was the style i wanted, not sounding rude here but i'm saying it shouldn't be changed, that's all.

it was an example to illustrate the point he was making, not a replacement for what OP made

i'm 50/50 about the art, mostly cause the details aren't consistent imo. either have it mostly minimal in detail or mostly detailed in all general areas. pb2 is the type of game where small details like the boot laces won't appear visibly anyways most of the time hence why a simpler, less detailed style is more ideal and preferred
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Rayie » 9 March 2020, 14:03

Incompetence wrote:it was an example to illustrate the point he was making, not a replacement for what OP made

Essentially yeah, I shouldve made that more clear

Incompetence wrote:i'm 50/50 about the art, mostly cause the details aren't consistent imo. either have it mostly minimal in detail or mostly detailed in all general areas. pb2 is the type of game where small details like the boot laces won't appear visibly anyways most of the time hence why a simpler, less detailed style is more ideal and preferred

That's also true, Its pretty easy to emulate detail though. For example, boot laces wouldnt be that thick, but it gets the point across that those are, in fact, boot laces. At the end of the day, it's artist preference. I do think there is a certain degree of bias from how the characters are originally drawn, hence the style everyone usually follows, but there can be deviation within reason

long story short, draw it how you want it, good art is still good art

ps; I dont comment on art if it doesnt look promising, I like seeing growth and I think feedback is the only way for that, so keep it up!
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby The_Admiral » 7 May 2020, 18:22

He looks badass, not gonna lie.
The_Admiral
Recruit

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 11 May 2020, 16:47

Spoiler: Show More
Build wrote:
The_Admiral wrote:He looks badass, not gonna lie.

Do you purposely jack off to that character? I see that you mention it a lot in Discord. No offense bro !

fr, You seem very obsessed with the character.. no wonder im getting worried u might get a body pillow of it

The_Admiral wrote:
Build wrote:
The_Admiral wrote:He looks badass, not gonna lie.

Do you purposely jack off to that character? I see that you mention it a lot in Discord. No offense bro !

fr, You seem very obsessed with the character.. no wonder im getting worried u might get a body pillow of it

Fυck off, troll. If you're gonna insult and shitpost me and assume i "purposely jack off to that character" and that "i seem very obsessed with it", then just shut up and fυck off. I was simply judging what Golden made, which you misunderstood as me "purposely jacking off to that character" and "me seeming very obsessed with it".

At this point, you're just adding gasoline to the fire, so how about i step it up? If you want war, you'll get it.

Offtopic replies are removed

The_Admiral Behavior like this is not welcome here dont be rude and dont insult other users here.
Warn given.

Ontopic:As character it looks intersting i have to say, have you made some sort of back story a bio for the character?
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby The_Admiral » 11 May 2020, 18:00

You should've given him a warn, not me, because he was the one who fυcking started it and he is the fυcking one who should be fυcking punished.

You don't warn the one who does, you warn the one who provokes it. You warn the root cause, who is Build.

Here's proof:
1. He harassed me.
2. He provoked me.
3. He mean't it and did it on purpose.
The_Admiral
Recruit

Postby Silk1 » 11 May 2020, 18:10

Welp, looks like I have to do the most responsible thing. *sigh*
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Silk1 » 11 May 2020, 18:11

I didn't even expected it to be like this.
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Still Art