AV-235

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

AV-235

Postby phsc » 3 November 2018, 03:24

as lostmydollar didnt like his av-135, i decided it fix its major problems, being really big
it was mostly based of the ak-47 or some weapon like that, so i based my version out of the ak-74

i dont know if i like the result or not
https://imgur.com/ycr9Bl0

that is it, its way shorter but has a size similar to the cs-rc
i also tried to make it more futuristic

not sure if i like the part with the three middle lights, feedback on that part is the most important id say

EDIT: forgot to mention i had no rights to try to fix it, and if lostmydollar wants me to delete the post or the credits for the gun, its all his
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: AV-235

Postby ditzy » 3 November 2018, 05:49

I love it. Small blurb because 30 char limit
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby lostmydollar » 3 November 2018, 12:04

hey do whatever you want with my guns, i don't mind.

your gun looks "fat" tbh. now it needs more colors to look less monotonous. this part right here http://prntscr.com/ldvwyu won't work. check this video to see how gas relief port works in ak-47 https://youtu.be/_eQLFVpOYm4

btw, i think if we want to avoid mistakes we should ask Doom what does he think. he knows how guns work
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 3 November 2018, 15:34

lostmydollar wrote:hey do whatever you want with my guns, i don't mind.

your gun looks "fat" tbh. now it needs more colors to look less monotonous. this part right here http://prntscr.com/ldvwyu won't work. check this video to see how gas relief port works in ak-47 https://youtu.be/_eQLFVpOYm4

btw, i think if we want to avoid mistakes we should ask Doom what does he think. he knows how guns work

if we want guns to look futuristic, i dont think they should be limited to what works in real life, theres many pb2 guns that are just ridiculous, the bng, the rocket launcher, the raygun, etc
and yeah, they really do look futuristic after all

but if we are going to follow realism, it could still work, http://prntscr.com/ldxonn and then the part in the middle of the end of the barrel and the part where the gas goes up, would be just a fixed point for the laser, for looks/more precision(lets say the barrel folds for some reason, it wont be that much of a change cuz theres more connection betwen the points)

the idea was it to look fat, considering most pb2 guns such as the c01r, they are kinda fat

but the colours, i dont think its thaaaat much of a problem, theres 10 colours, a lot of them are like each other, but im not sure what else to add, i will try using a difference color scheme later tho, but lets see how other people react to it, but then it already has more colours than most pb2 guns, and theyre not all dim if you take a closer look at the values, but i can try something different later

EDIT: according to the peeps on the discord, http://prntscr.com/ldxsw2
still its not near perfection
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Roxxar » 3 November 2018, 19:54

lostmydollar wrote:btw, i think if we want to avoid mistakes we should ask Doom what does he think. he knows how guns work

i dont know in what context and to what extent you or phsc make guns/fanart together, but i dont think this game should be nor ever be based on realistic firearm design whatsoever (except for the handful of cs weapons i guess).

we're talking about a game with handheld light railguns, some kind of odd green energy handheld nuke guns, several different forms of colored energy weapons, and even some locally-made fanarts that include more light energy/bullets, trigger-held laser rifles, and not to mention the rectangles and trapezoids of ALIEN GUNS.

with all due respect to doomwrath, he doesnt and shouldnt control how people design their fanarts/guns here, even IF theyre gonna be "realistic". unless its gonna be a replica/trace of a modern rifle that exists today or prior, lets leave the "realism" criticism out of the art and judge it for what it should be: creative, unique, stylistic, and interesting.
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby phsc » 3 November 2018, 21:06

Roxxar wrote:
lostmydollar wrote:btw, i think if we want to avoid mistakes we should ask Doom what does he think. he knows how guns work

i dont know in what context and to what extent you or phsc make guns/fanart together, but i dont think this game should be nor ever be based on realistic firearm design whatsoever (except for the handful of cs weapons i guess).

we're talking about a game with handheld light railguns, some kind of odd green energy handheld nuke guns, several different forms of colored energy weapons, and even some locally-made fanarts that include more light energy/bullets, trigger-held laser rifles, and not to mention the rectangles and trapezoids of ALIEN GUNS.

with all due respect to doomwrath, he doesnt and shouldnt control how people design their fanarts/guns here, even IF theyre gonna be "realistic". unless its gonna be a replica/trace of a modern rifle that exists today or prior, lets leave the "realism" criticism out of the art and judge it for what it should be: creative, unique, stylistic, and interesting.

lostmydollar thinks his artwork isnt good and he doesnt want them in pb2.5, so i tried to fix a few problems they had, such as the av-135 being really large in lenght

but while i do agree with you in the fact that creativity is the most important part, the idea of these guns is to be kinda of a terrorist faction, using ussr-based guns, kinda like a rival faction with the cs, while using weapons that use the same technology
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Hikarikaze » 3 November 2018, 23:15

It's bulky but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. It probably can work out as is. Personally I think it could be a little bit more streamlined and "thinner" but this is good enough too.

As for the realism side of things, it's plausible enough design-wise though realism isn't something this game handles properly, so it's best to not focus on that. If you really want to include a laser sight, you could just combine the gas block and laser module into one device and have it work fine this way, or move the laser under the barrel or on the side of the handguard. Either way will be convincing for those that have realism as a criteria for giving feedback
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 4 November 2018, 02:15

i think that the shape is really nice and that the color palette fits, 9/10

+good shape
+good color palette
+looks not that futuristic but not that old

-10/10 doesn't exist on IGN
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby boom5 » 21 November 2018, 01:42

This a really cool weapon. I hope it gets put in as another fan art update.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” - Patrick Henry
boom5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 21 November 2018, 04:44

Clearly AK-inspired but also brutalised enough to be closer to PB2's timeline. This is the first "AK style" gun I'd be close to being okay with adding to PB2/3.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Savxir » 21 November 2018, 11:15

cool i liek it very very much very cool. very cool.
Savxir
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby lostmydollar » 21 November 2018, 15:00

DoomWrath wrote:Clearly AK-inspired but also brutalised enough to be closer to PB2's timeline. This is the first "AK style" gun I'd be close to being okay with adding to PB2/3.

https://prnt.sc/ldvwyu Doom, aren't you an expert in this kind of things?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby DoomWrath » 21 November 2018, 21:15

lostmydollar wrote:
DoomWrath wrote:Clearly AK-inspired but also brutalised enough to be closer to PB2's timeline. This is the first "AK style" gun I'd be close to being okay with adding to PB2/3.

https://prnt.sc/ldvwyu Doom, aren't you an expert in this kind of things?

Yeah, that's a little funky but not out of the realm of possiblity. The gas tube and gas block could simple be the rear block coming off the barrel, with the front block being purely a holding device for the laser, with the back of the laser tube resting in a small divot in the gas block. Perhaps making this distinction would be better, with the "laser tube" being wider than the gas tube, or having some on/off switch.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Still Art