Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Uzi (PB2 version)

Postby Nexus B » 23 October 2018, 10:31

This is my first fan art. Yeah so dont judge me. https://prnt.sc/l9cx5m
Nexus B
Recruit

Re: Uzi (PB2 version)

Postby Protonoid » 24 October 2018, 01:27

Doesn't fit PB2. But still good as your first fan art. Keep it up right there!
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby eru_ » 26 October 2018, 16:26

it could be a good gun for a pixel game but residays said it doesn't fit with pb style
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby phsc » 26 October 2018, 17:12

try using gimp or paint.net or paint tool sai or adobe illustrator or photoshop or any actual drawing tool that isnt ms paint and you might make a few decent pb2 fanarts

just learn how to use layers make thicc lines and yikes thats pb2 "art"

that doesnt have the populism of modern forms or art and also doesnt have the virtuosity of older forms of art, uh

thats why id say theyre textures
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Guardsman » 30 October 2018, 01:53

All criticism aside, at a positive note, this is one of the best first fan arts I seen (which wasn't much). Uh, I agree with phsc with using gimp or paint.net or something, even though for me both I don't know how to operate :(. I try to make physical copies of art but am too afraid of posting it, because of the bullying I might face. I feel you, Nexus B.
REET

Guardsman
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Roxxar » 30 October 2018, 02:39

i disagree with what most people are saying about using a different program

try to analyze and practice drawing in pb2's style first before diving into a "better" program. while on one hand the better program will have access to or allow for more unique editing, the style and aesthetic of pb2 is undoubtedly the most important aspect of drawing good fanart (if you're going to put it in this section) and is fairly independent from what program you really use

the proportions, the lines, the color schemes (of both empty space AND lines), and the actual design all depend on nailing that style down first and foremost. this is why some fanart can look good, but not necessarily fit in (such as failureguy's fanart, no offense if ur reading this) while some fanart can fit in, but it doesnt look good (this is somewhat subjective; personally, i find lazyrain's grenades to be very much like pb2's style, but i just dont like the aesthetic of them that much - this is 100% personal opinion and sry if ur reading this lazyrain)

in other words, good art can be made in ms paint; likewise, bad art can also be made in gimp, photoshop, and paint.net

source: my first fanarts were made with ms paint until i felt like i got the style down, like my profile picture, in gimp
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby phsc » 30 October 2018, 02:58

there are a few problems with not using advanced programs
no such thing as layers, this makes it way harder to separate body parts and if you think something isnt looking good its really way harder to fix
no such thing as a vector tool or a good line tool
another small problem would be the rough lines as silverteen pointed out

anyway, i think you should get started into a good program, my first pb2 fanarts were pretty good, but most of the time they were heavily traced or just based on real life guns, so they didnt fit in that much, but they really did fit pb2 tho

another thing is make details bigger, but with less ones, just compare to the guns in pb2

but roxxar is right, a good artist will be able to do good stuff in paint and a bad one will still make bad art on gimp and other good programs

id say if you have trouble with design, draw it irl, then into the computer, if you have problem with color schemes just google for colors that go well together, if you have problems with general creavity, just google like "generic futuristic armor" and do something based on them, or hell, just trace until you get the pb2 feeling right

All criticism aside, at a positive note, this is one of the best first fan arts I seen (which wasn't much). Uh, I agree with phsc with using gimp or paint.net or something, even though for me both I don't know how to operate :(. I try to make physical copies of art but am too afraid of posting it, because of the bullying I might face. I feel you, Nexus B.

one of the best arts? far from it, what is a physical copy? and dude these days i dont think theres such think as bullying
and its not that much about how your art is, yet how your personality is and how you react to critiscim, lets say MLG COOL DOMINIK goes in and says what you made sucks, ignore him he doesnt understand shit about art, but if a good artist such as ditzy goes in and does a comment that he doesnt like a thing, its probably opinion, but if a ton of people say that and in a general way it just doesnt feel right and they have reason for it, take it into consideration

but pb2 fanart is really simple after all, anyone can do it, so dont give up guys

just to give you an idea, this is a really quick fanart made in 5 mins based on ur gun with the cs assault rifle color scheme
http://prntscr.com/lc1y03
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Tryzer » 29 November 2018, 05:25

Nexus B wrote:This is my first fan art. Yeah so dont judge me. https://prnt.sc/l9cx5m

That's actually pretty G00D...that'll fit on PB 2.5 Along with the other guns.
Roses are RED,Violets are RED....You'll be shot in the head if you aren't RED Too.
Tryzer
Recruit

Return to Still Art