First full-body skin -- Thoughts?

Postby aferron » 3 July 2018, 09:10

What do you think?
Spoiler: Show More

White background:

No arms:

Some edgy battlesuit. Night-Ops Assassin?

I'm aware that the outlines aren't very defined. I didn't really notice it until after i uploaded to imgur. Still, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
aferron

Re: First full-body skin -- Thoughts?

Postby phsc » 4 July 2018, 00:04

its really good
for real i thot it was going to be something stupid as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce cuz of your username and the fact u didnt post nothing but its actually great
id call it Civil Security phsc, i mean, Civil Security Edgelord
could you please change the legs to wheels and send me a screenshot of it without the arms? id like to add that to my signature, thanks
for real its great
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby DoomWrath » 4 July 2018, 04:07

It's a pretty busy skin compared to other PB2 skins, but it really looks nice. Great work.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby aferron » 4 July 2018, 10:44

phsc wrote:its really good...
for real i thot it was going to be something stupid as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce cuz of your username and the fact u didnt post nothing but its actually great
id call it Civil Security phsc, i mean, Civil Security Edgelord
could you please change the legs to wheels and send me a screenshot of it without the arms? id like to add that to my signature, thanks
for real its great

Thanks! although, what connotations does my name have? Why pizza sauce lol :thinking: (i'll take it as a compliment)
also, how many wheels? (why wheels?)

DoomWrath wrote:It's a pretty busy skin compared to other PB2 skins, but it really looks nice. Great work.

Thanks! Wasn't sure how to add details, so I just drew lines all over haha
Last edited by aferron on 6 July 2018, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
aferron

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 4 July 2018, 17:14

Amazing art man.Great work. :)

Lance Ryder Wilson
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Knight Athoriiz » 7 July 2018, 12:47

Awesome work. Hoping to see skins like these in PB2.5, cause seriously? This looks really damn cool.
Knight Athoriiz
Recruit

Postby darkstar 1 » 7 July 2018, 20:25

Looks very good, this would be cool in pb2 or 2.5/3!

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby lostmydollar » 7 July 2018, 22:44

Quality: 1/1
Creativity: 0/1

This is like a previously added to the game skin made by Darkstar. It sure looks nice in technical part, but it is monotonous af. Dont be shy with colors. Plus itd be really cool if it wasnt made too CS-ish. Try some new body shapes. Take a look at Marines body and compare it with Falkoks one, compare it with Proxy(even though she is a girl). Take a look at android skin too. They all look different, meant for different people, different bodies. Unlike this one. It is just a remake of CS skin. If it is really your first skin then God bless you, you will sooner or later become the best artist around here. Just try to improve your creativity level. Gl
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 9 July 2018, 23:39

aferron wrote:What do you think?

White background:

No arms:

Some edgy battlesuit. Night-Ops Assassin?

I'm aware that the outlines aren't very defined. I didn't really notice it until after i uploaded to imgur. Still, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Quality 10/10
Creativity 8/10, "dont be shy with colors" "dont make it too cs-ish"
But anyways, AWESOME!
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby phsc » 10 July 2018, 14:59

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:Quality 10/10
Creativity 8/10, "dont be shy with colors" "dont make it too cs-ish"
But anyways, AWESOME!

lostmydollar wrote:This is like a previously added to the game skin made by Darkstar. It sure looks nice in technical part, but it is monotonous af. Dont be shy with colors. Plus itd be really cool if it wasnt made too CS-ish. Try some new body shapes. Take a look at Marines body and compare it with Falkoks one, compare it with Proxy(even though she is a girl). Take a look at android skin too. They all look different, meant for different people, different bodies. Unlike this one. It is just a remake of CS skin. If it is really your first skin then God bless you, you will sooner or later become the best artist around here. Just try to improve your creativity level. Gl

hey mlg cool dominik, how does it feel like having no opinion?
anyway, i dont agree with some of what lostmydollar said, you dont need to not be shy with colors, and it doesnt look cs-ish, i mean, the cs armour is ofc in another color but ill ignore that, it also has a roundy appearance, only the feet and the back arent really roundy, http://prntscr.com/k4rlij , and well, this has a few round spots but not as much and not with as much strenght, also, the details are more like an unkown faction, it doesnt look like what darkstar made other than the color scheme and it doesnt look cs-ish at all
anyway, if i were u, id make a few guns that go well with it, but then, with the guns don't be so shy with the colors, change a little bit, but not a lot like don't make it pink, but yet you can make ita darker blue, but not really dark, etc, but keeping the same basic idea of the more blocky armor with plaques and red visor "lights" cuz idk how that works
but if this is your first art, youre probably going to be the best artist that this community has ever had, and i agree with lostmydollar on this one, so please, keep on making things
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby aferron » 11 July 2018, 14:02

Hey, thanks for all the positive feedback!

But for what lostmydollar said, I partially agree. As this was my first full skin, I didn't want to be too ambitious with the design or colors. I did try to experiment a bit with the details, i.e. using more angular and flat shapes. I did use the CS Lite as a base/template, so I might have been slightly influenced.

And with you guys saying I'm going to be the best artist? I'm really flattered, it means a lot to me! It's kind of pressuring though, I'm not sure i i have enough commitment lol

But really, sorry for the long post, I really appreciate all the feedback!
aferron

Postby Hikarikaze » 11 July 2018, 22:04

I don't get the color part of the criticism here. Nearly all of the characters have a really limited color palette that's only 1-3 colors. This one has about 3 minimum, excluding different shades of the existing color palette used, and it's not the generic desert tan or OD green color scheme either

I'll be realistic though. You won't be the best artist but with practice, you'll be better over time. You're off to a good start so far
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Still Art