PB2.5 Commissions for PB2 Artists to Complete

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

PB2.5 Commissions for PB2 Artists to Complete

Postby Aervec_ » 3 January 2018, 08:58

Hello, everyone! Now first I want to say that I'm walking on thin ice by making this topic and I'll tell you why. This is not official in any capacity and no PB2 artists have agreed to this, but I'm hoping some others will jump on in and take a shot at this.

I'd like everyone to participate in this thread: artists, staff, and normal users alike. What type of weapon, vehicle, decoration, character, etc have you always wanted to see in the game? Post it in depth and perhaps I or other artists might be able to make it a reality and Eric could potentially consider it (he said on Twitter he is taking/considering art for the new game now).

If you'd like to post, please follow these rules:
- Your request must fit the game in aesthetics and in how it operates.
- Your request must be balanced, offer what statistics the weapon might have.
- If you can make a rough sketch, that would help a lot.
- Make your description of the weapon VERY clear and even a bit verbose if need be.

For other artists that may want to jump in on this concept/topic, please follow these rules:
- If a weapon does not seem to fit the above rules, do not consider it. Make only what you think would fit the game.
- The final file must be in an .svg format.

NOTE: I am currently making a basic outline/template to help other artists with the dimensions and sizes of the actual in-game guns and characters.

Edit v01: I have made a very rough idea of what size the lines should be in relation to weapons. Example made using a largely scaled CS-RC rifle from game files. https://i.imgur.com/H4rdWlF.png

For weapons, attempt to dislocate the magazine and weapon. For weapons that have moving parts (such as the CS pistol or railguns) separate the parts in an .svg file so an animation can be made from it.
Aervec_
Recruit

Re: PB2.5 Commissions for PB2 Artists to Complete

Postby Incompetence » 3 January 2018, 09:36

interesting. not sure if templates will be needed for weapons like the cs weapons and the C-01r. they're just as proportionate as their real-life/inspired counterparts so the originals are good enough templates to start off with. it would also be good to list criteria for each faction/design style since each faction's equipment follows a certain design aesthetic. this gives artists a good place to start and an objective to aim towards as well as increases chances for art to be added in-game

canvas size also affects line width so your line size estimation will only be accurate on a certain specific image size. larger canvas will make your lines appear thinner and smaller canvas make them larger in width, etc. consequently giving a base canvas size to work with would be a good idea so lines stay the same width (canvas should be longer than it is taller for weapons and vice versa for characters)

Aervec_ wrote:Your request must be balanced, offer what statistics the weapon might have.

from what i noticed in this community, this is something a very large majority isn't good at so it may not be best to have this as a rule. this as a suggestion or recommendation would be better; balance is also subjective so it's not that easy to reach a common ground in terms of what constitutes as "balanced"
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Still Art