Redesigned Usurper Head (WIP)

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Redesigned Usurper Head (WIP)

Postby Rayie » 18 June 2018, 06:41

So I decided to make a basic Usurper head just for a base for a new helmet I want to design. I thought it needed a re-vamp because of how oddly human it looks (well I guess that's for a reason, maybe human structure and whatnot).

I got a lot of the ideas from how the base helmet is designed, where the visor was kinda defined where the eyes would be and the chin area gave me the idea for an elongated chin, and the sound they make when they die gave me the idea of a large mouth and the "gills" which I just thought would flap against each other to make that grumbling noise. I know it looks a little odd, but it's just a base. When I make the actual helmet, I'll try out a visor-less version and I might try redesigning the whole Usurper set. Just tell me what you think about it so far.
DoomWrath wrote:I have a cat. It's quite a modern model, I think it's the compact version. Got it with the optional 1" paws, sun roof, and cruise control.
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Redesigned Usurper Head (WIP)

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 June 2018, 02:04

It looks like a head

Wouldn't the new helmet also technically look human as well? Unless that's what you were going for
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby lostmydollar » 20 June 2018, 19:10

Im pretty sure aliens arent ugly in real life. Why do they always have to be ugly in movies and games i dont get it

Head and helmet proportions dont fit each other btw
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby GhostX5 » 21 June 2018, 13:15

Hey, that looks cool. I like how the head looks. Somehow, it kinda reminded me of some extraterrestrial being (I can't remember), I might say it'll look a bit like Xenomorph to me a bit. Judging by the angles, and I know a Xenomorph has a long head, the front part reminds me of it (except the teeth).
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby KARL SERG » 24 June 2018, 19:53

GhostX5 wrote:Hey, that looks cool. I like how the head looks. Somehow, it kinda reminded me of some extraterrestrial being (I can't remember), I might say it'll look a bit like Xenomorph to me a bit. Judging by the angles, and I know a Xenomorph has a long head, the front part reminds me of it (except the teeth).

It looks a lot like the Genestealers from Warhammer 40K to me.

lostmydollar wrote:Im pretty sure aliens arent ugly in real life. Why do they always have to be ugly in movies and games i dont get it

Head and helmet proportions dont fit each other btw

Aliens' appearances are unknown to us, and life fears the unknown. Now seriously, I find faceless, anthropomorphic creatures that have an overall humanoid, bipedal structure appealing. It's the same for the ones that have a face, but it's up to the individual.

For one, these guys don't seem ugly to me: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Species
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby wreak » 14 July 2018, 20:21

too bad, usurper's are actually anime girls.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 9 May 2020, 02:00

Reminds me of Zoidberg without chitin
CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Still Art