Weapons lineup

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Weapons lineup

Postby thetoppestkek » 21 October 2017, 17:46

Futuristic? weapons designed for an undecided faction at the moment. I had a blast making these, so expect the OP to be updated with more weapons of a similar style.

As always, input for the names since I'm too lazy to think of anything good is appreciated.

Standard Rifle
Spoiler: Show More
Open in a new tab
Size comparison to the following entry

"Standard issue rifle that performs well across the board, with decent accuracy, power, magazine size and projectile speed. Reloading may prove to be difficult, however."

This thing is an identity crisis shooting rounds of heated plasma in a fully automatic manner.

Weapon Type: Automatic
Rate of Fire: Slightly faster than the CS-RC
Projectile Speed: Fast
Projectile Color: Blue
Accuracy: Decent
Damage: Undecided
Deflectable Projectile: Yes
Magazine: 30

Anti-Vehicle Railgun
Open in a new tab
Size comparison to the previous entry

"A battery-powered long-range weapon firing electrically accelerated metal projectiles that pierce through the target. Devastating against large targets."

A semi-automatic, accurate weapon designed for usage against massive vehicles, such as the Corvette or the Hound Walker. Its projectile deals damage over time as it passes through the target.

Weapon Type: Semi-Automatic
Rate of Fire: x0.5 slower than the Alien Rifle
Projectile Speed: Fast
Projectile Color: Blue
Accuracy: Excellent
Deflectable Projectile: No
Magazine: 6
Special: Piercing (Projectiles will pass through targets regardless of their status. The projectile loses 25% of its power after piercing through an enemy. Projectiles reflect off of walls.)

Grunt/Soldier
Open in a new tab

"Standard recon unit with decent mobility and armor. These guys love assault rifles."

The standard CS-lite type of unit, only much tougher. Unlike CS-Lites or Minor Usurpation Soldiers, they do not utilize numbers to their advantage. They only appear in small groups. Instead, they utilize powerful weapons and armour to make up for their lack of numbers. If you try to fight too many of them at once, it will get rough.

Default HP: 450 (Easy), 540 (Hard/Normal), 165 (Impossible)
Faction: Undecided
Mobility: 0.25 faster than the CS-Lite
Last edited by thetoppestkek on 22 October 2017, 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Weapons lineup

Postby guest-electric fish » 21 October 2017, 18:24

they aren't looking bad dear kekfied. i like the design
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Incompetence » 21 October 2017, 20:58

not bad. the art style's unique but i'm not too keen on the number of lines overall especially in the stock area of the railgun (looks almost out of place imo)
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby lostmydollar » 21 October 2017, 21:33

looks good. doesn't fit pb2 nor pb2.5

lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 22 October 2017, 07:45

looks good imo, unique styling, but doesn't fit for pb2 nor pb2.5 and there are too many dem lines
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby thetoppestkek » 22 October 2017, 09:39

guest-electric fish wrote:they aren't looking bad dear kekfied. i like the design

Incompetence wrote:not bad. the art style's unique but i'm not too keen on the number of lines overall especially in the stock area of the railgun (looks almost out of place imo)

lostmydollar wrote:looks good. doesn't fit pb2 nor pb2.5

WolfMaster12 wrote:looks good imo, unique styling, but doesn't fit for pb2 nor pb2.5 and there are too many dem lines

Thank y'all for your criticism and replies. I'd like some input on why the style doesn't fit PB2/2.5 though. As for the "too many lines" part, I wanted to make a difference from the simplistic artstyle PB2 follows since I'm not really a fan of simple things

There's now a grunt/soldier in the lineup too. OP has been updated.
Open in a new tab

"Standard recon unit with decent mobility and armor. These guys love assault rifles."

The standard CS-lite type of unit, only much tougher. Unlike CS-Lites or Minor Usurpation Soldiers, they do not utilize numbers to their advantage. They only appear in small groups. Instead, they utilize powerful weapons and armour to make up for their lack of numbers. If you try to fight too many of them at once, it will get rough.

Default HP: 450 (Easy), 540 (Hard/Normal), 165 (Impossible)
Faction: Undecided
Mobility: 0.25 faster than the CS-Lite
sometimes i dream of cheese
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby LazyRain » 12 December 2017, 13:02

The weapons are looks not bad, but too detailed. I suggest you to draw arts in more PB style (change line width) and to increase image size so it will be possible to see them closer.
Skin looks weird. Try to overlap one of PB skins next time.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby wreak » 25 December 2017, 18:05

The grub looks very weird though, try making the helmet lighting a bit more faint.

I also love the 2 guns btw <3
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Still Art