Motion [PvP]

Multiplayer Maps here.

Motion [PvP]

Postby pb dman » 2 August 2022, 21:01

= Motion [PvP] =
Map ID :: pb dman-motion_dm

Map Page Link :: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... id=1031754

Map Summary :: Plazma Burst 2 has many issues. The most important one is... The netcode. It contains issues like Tanking and Resurrecting... To fix this, I have made a map that forces deaths to be synced across all players, this means if you shoot someone on your screen they HAVE to die.

Map Author :: pb dman

Map Mode :: Deathmatch, 4 Players.

Map Description :: Plazma Burst 2 has many issues.
The most important one is... The netcode.
It contains issues like Tanking, Resurrecting, Teleporting and more...
I however, have made a map that forces deaths to be synced across all players, this means if you shoot someone on your screen they HAVE to die.
Only bugs that this has is your kills not properly given to you, which will be shown as "Player died" rather than "Player Eliminated by Player".
This is unfortunately out of my reach, unless Eric Gurt can make a trigger action like "Kill Player A using Player B" which will kill the player and make the killer a certain player, this will help as it means all resurrections will give you the kill, rather than them simply just dying.
This is something I've been experimenting on for a while since December 21st in 2021.
Its been 7 months since then. This is in no way PERFECT, this is just a test, an experiment.

What makes this map good?
1.) The map design.
2.) When you die you are teleported to the place where you were ''shot'', this makes it easier to understand for new players for why they died, rather than suddenly dying by nothing.
3.) Slow bullets, this makes it more similar to the old netcode before 2018, rather than aiming straight at your opponent you have to aim ahead of them in order to kill them.
4.) Fair. High ping players have a chance to kill low ping players. Low ping players have a chance to kill high ping players. PB2 is completely fair in this map, no more bullshit deaths, no more bullshit resurrections.

Bugs:
- "player died" message. This is a bug caused by PB2 refusing to register the shot due to PB2's checks.
This bug doesn't happen in other maps because it is shown as a ''resurrection''. (Appearing to die on a player's screen then coming back to life)
- dying instantly after respawning. This is a bug caused by incredibly high ping. (300+ ms)
This is unfortunately hard to fix, as it would break other aspects of the map.
Playing PB2 since 2015!

pb dman
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Multiplayer Maps