Postby ditzy » 21 November 2018, 07:00

@lostmydollar

Map name: Ground [Zero]
Map ID: ditzy-ground

Map Page Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=ditzy-ground
Map Demo Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=ditzy-ground

Map Description

Spoiler: Show More

Terrorists have infiltrated the lower levels of Delta Installation. On-station civil units are ordered to intercept the attack party.

Mechanics

Health packs
- Health regen is drastically reduced, and health packs are instead crucial for staying alive
- Each health pack gives 95 HP, and 2 health packs are scattered around the map

* Health packs are not yet synced, but may be added if it poses an issue
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Ground [Zero] (With new game mechanics)

Postby lostmydollar » 21 November 2018, 09:41

meh, rating 5 only for your relentless creativity. but this is totally not what i expected to see and i don't like the design except for those colored basic background with word signs on them. healthpacks aren't approval-friendly i think, those buttons that push independently are weird. that platform that goes up and down will make some players floating in dm because of synchronization issues. why do bullets go underneath the crates(if those are crates). that pool is super small and simple. feels like you just didn't want to add something to it and finish it. these sticks http://prntscr.com/ll14rp look bad too. they just don't fit. couldnt you add white background-doors to the medkits? map is too small for automatic weapons so it's the best to remove every gun except for railgun. there are some butons (all to be exact) that don't work when you push them. i mean i understand that they are used as decorations, but i've once added them to my map and players were telling me that they confuse them. also, if i'm not mistaken, health triggers sometimes cause random disconnections from the game and leave excluded player no ability to join the same match again
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ditzy » 21 November 2018, 23:37

lostmydollar wrote:this is totally not what i expected to see and i don't like the design except for those colored basic background with word signs on them.

Told ya. :p

lostmydollar wrote:thealthpacks aren't approval-friendly i think, those buttons that push independently are weird.

It's not intended to be approved. Custom maps ftw!

lostmydollar wrote:that platform that goes up and down will make some players floating in dm because of synchronization issues. why do bullets go underneath the crates(if those are crates). that pool is super small and simple. feels like you just didn't want to add something to it and finish it. these sticks http://prntscr.com/ll14rp look bad too. they just don't fit. couldnt you add white background-doors to the medkits? map is too small for automatic weapons so it's the best to remove every gun except for railgun. there are some butons (all to be exact) that don't work when you push them. i mean i understand that they are used as decorations, but i've once added them to my map and players were telling me that they confuse them.

I'll take these into consideration, thanks.
lostmydollar wrote:feels like you just didn't want to add something to it and finish it

Yeah. I'm always worried about lag with trigger-heavy maps, so some details may be omitted. (e.g. the ground backgrounds)

lostmydollar wrote:also, if i'm not mistaken, health triggers sometimes cause random disconnections from the game and leave excluded player no ability to join the same match again

To my knowledge, this only happens when you set the max health above the one defined in the character's properties. Since this map doesn't do that, I don't think it's a problem. (Tested the map once and no one seemed to drop due to this issue)

I could be wrong, and a single match isn't good data so I'm open to information that might prove me wrong.

----

Thanks for the feedback.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby lostmydollar » 22 November 2018, 12:55

but it's good. i think i like it. you're a good map maker.

btw what's the point of making a 200hp fighting map if it's not meant for approval? isn't it a waste of time?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ReversedEdges » 22 November 2018, 13:23

lostmydollar wrote:but it's good. i think i like it. you're a good map maker.

btw what's the point of making a 200hp fighting map if it's not meant for approval? isn't it a waste of time?

If they vote five on your game your LDr increases.
An eye for an eye only makes two people blind.
ReversedEdges
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby yi en » 1 December 2018, 06:35

ah. It's just a minor flaw on this map: not big enough to fit that game mechanic and it can't fully useful and noticeable for players to used that mechanics frequently.
if you can expand it well it would be strategically gameplay and that's what I love it :)
rated 5 :)
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Multiplayer Maps