New map: Splatter

Multiplayer Maps here.

New map: Splatter

Postby LoneWolf56 » 18 September 2018, 13:19

Map name: Splatter
ID: lonewolf56-rvb
Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=907963
Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=lonewolf56-rvb

Description: Sniper map for red vs blue. It technically fits all approval requirements I think, but I'm not sure if it's good enough for that. If it stays in custom matches it would be fine with me.

This is my first attempt at a asymmetric battle map, so any feedback would be useful.

Less than 200 non-background objects.

LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: New map: Splatter

Postby Incompetence » 19 September 2018, 02:40

probably not the best idea to give one side alien sniper rifles which have instantaneous projectile speeds and the other regular sniper rifles which don't have that trait

give both sides the same exact weapon to make it a bit more balanced/fair
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby ditzy » 19 September 2018, 03:20

Incompetence wrote:probably not the best idea to give one side alien sniper rifles which have instantaneous projectile speeds and the other regular sniper rifles which don't have that trait

give both sides the same exact weapon to make it a bit more balanced/fair

Actually, if the map underwent some minor redesigns I think you could play the Sniper Rifle against the Alien Sniper quite fairly. Sure, the Alien Sniper has better projectile speed, but the Sniper Rifle can pierce. The map already has plenty of thin walls that can be pierced by the Sniper Rifle (4x width/height), though having more thin walls would open up a lot of different strategies.

Here's one platform I'd like to see changed.
Spoiler: Show More

Circled platform could be thinner, and there could be little notches in the ground/walls to catch the rails.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby LoneWolf56 » 19 September 2018, 04:14

I think I'll stick with the current gunset for now, but I'll change it if it becomes problematic with further testing, @-Incompetence.

Alright I changed the thickness of the highlighted area as well as the other raised platform on the blue side. @-Ditzy.
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Multiplayer Maps