[RPG-like] Incursion

Singleplayer Maps here.

[RPG-like] Incursion

Postby S U P E R » 9 October 2020, 19:31

'Incursion' is a RPG-styled map where you will explore the world under the Usurpation Forces invasion. You can customize your character, do jobs and quests, interact with npcs, and such. You can also store/load/reset your progress permanently.

Screenshots (warning: huge pictures):
Spoiler: Show More

Map ID: s u p e r-rpg02

Map Page Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=s%20u%20p%20e%20r-rpg02&id=999046

Map Demo Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=s%20u%20p%20e%20r-rpg02

Map Sources:

S U P E R

S U P E R
Recruit

Re: [RPG-like] Incursion

Postby xElijah » 9 October 2020, 20:21

Fantastic. You put a lot of effort into details. They are impressive.

Now, I didn't actually complete the whole map, but I explored the start location and I have a few suggestions if you're interested:

1) Add a better loading screen. Maybe black background with some text saying "Loading..." It would be better than having a character floating in the air for a few seconds.

2) Pressing keyboard buttons in starting menu and character selection menu feels a bit inconvenient. Maybe you can use "Save shoot intention of character B to variable A" trigger to create some sort of mouse clicking system instead of button system?

3) Guards should be able to be interacted with. They may not have the conversation feature, but they can say some default phrases like "Move along" or "Get lost" or "Walk your way, citizen" every time you press [E] on them. Also I would give them unique names, so they wouldn't give the expression of being simple clones of each other.

4) I would add "Text-to-speech" feature for characters. Right now they don't feel like being alive because they don't create any sounds but just text. I would also replace "pop up above head text" with chat messages, bucause chat messages are more familiar to players and they make characters look more alive too.

5) I would remove "stuck feature" while having a conversation with characters because this is what happens when you use it: https://i.imgur.com/rWlONyo.jpg

6) Player can see the edge of the map. I would fix it: https://i.imgur.com/lrrtgvV.jpg
xElijah
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby S U P E R » 10 October 2020, 17:04

Sure, I will think over your suggestions and fix the issues. However about the 3rd suggestion, naming the guards and assigning dialogue to each of them would make the map too laggy so I may not implement that.
S U P E R

S U P E R
Recruit

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 11 October 2020, 19:08

There are a few bugs:

I can see the edge of the map.
When I saved my progress into slot 1, then tried to load data from slot 1, it erased my progress.
The Infested House task stayed in my journal after I completed it.

But other than that, pretty good. I always wanted something open world like this. Keep it up!
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby S U P E R » 13 October 2020, 17:29

The edge map issue should be fixed now.

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:When I saved my progress into slot 1, then tried to load data from slot 1, it erased my progress.

Do you mean you lost your Slot 1 data or the data you were carrying?
When you load Slot 1 data, your current data will be replaced with data from Slot 1.
S U P E R

S U P E R
Recruit

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 13 October 2020, 23:28

I saved to slot 1, then pressed load slot 1, and it erased my progress.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Singleplayer Maps