Singleplayer Deathmatch [v1]

Singleplayer Maps here.

Singleplayer Deathmatch [v1]

Postby Yex » 18 July 2020, 01:36

Map name: Singleplayer Deathmatch [v1]
Map ID: yex-spdm
Map description: Changelog
7/17/2020 - v1 - Singleplayer Deathmatch has just been published so expect bugs/glitches in case of such issues
Map Page Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?m=yex-spd ... 80&a=&s=10
Map Demo Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=yex-spdm
Brief Description:
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Singleplayer Deathmatch [v1]

Postby Mean Me » 18 July 2020, 02:39

Bravo! The limb regeneration is perfect and battles already going on before you arrive are epic! Worthy enough for a favorite. All I have to say to improve is maybe more space, options for number of AI (perhaps controlled by difficulty/ player input), better spawns, more music variety, and maybe weapon variation for more immersive battles. Amazing!
Spoiler: Show More
I have nothing to say. Goodbye.
Mean Me
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Yex » 18 July 2020, 03:03

Will do!
I will try and add those features in the next version of singleplayer deathmatch update [v1.1]!
In the mean time it may take a while for those features to be added as I may have to test them and so on...
So update may not come out right away as it may take some time...
Also there's commands in the map and the commands based on what they do is down here...
unhit - makes you immortal against explosions and projectiles along with other things that usually hits your player have no effect on you anymore
hit - makes you mortal against explosions and projectiles along with other things that usually hits your player have effect on you and can kill you
easy - sets AI difficulty level to easy which makes the AI have poor reaction and overall fighting skills
normal - sets AI difficulty level to normal which makes the AI have human-like reaction and overall fighting skills and will use defib to recover themselves
hard - sets AI difficulty level to hard which makes the AI have insane reaction and overall fighting skills and will see though walls and will use defibs to recover form dying rather quickly
impossible - sets AI difficulty level to impossible which makes the AI have a super-human reaction and overall fighting skills and will see though walls and will use defibs to recover form dying instantly
Don't talk to me.
Yex

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 18 July 2020, 14:51

Only thing is guys with ray guns always one shot me. But other than that, it's great. Unfortunately, it's kind of useless (though still good) because of the netcode. You should definitely make a TDM version. Also, I would recommend expanding the map and adding some verticality if possible, because right now it's a lot of open ground interrupted by crates.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Yex » 19 July 2020, 03:17

Singleplayer Deathmatch is now version 1.1!
A huge update has come and is out now on version 1.1!
New map preview
Randomised weapons are new now and you will get a random weapon per death same applies for enemies!
Randomised nicknames are new now and you will get a random nickname per death same applies for enemies!
Scoreboard are new now and you can now see how much kills you have and deaths as well as KDr which shows up each time you die!
New commands that do a lot more!
Map layout has just been expanded and is now more bigger in length and more space to move around as well as water is now present!
Respawns are more further apart now and less likely hood of spawn killing! Still doesn't quite fix if you spawn inside walls unfortnately so there's a chance that can still happen and I tryied my best to fix that problem but to no avail it's still a problem so I couldn't fix that issue but I hope I minimized that issue.
Don't talk to me.
Yex

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 19 July 2020, 16:48

How many "players" on this map? Also, there might be a bug with the KDR calculator. I had 3 kills and 3 deaths and a KDR of 1.5. Anyways, I like what you've done with it! Any chance of adding gravitators, though?

Also, sometimes I would die instantly on spawn, and it's really annoying.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby Yex » 20 July 2020, 00:03

There are about 8 players and one of them is you so this means it's you and 7 bots in total it would be 8 players.
I've tryied my best to make KDr calculator as good as possible but it seems to be weird in general where it would show up as Infinity KDR which is just off the charts and sometimes it would go back to 1.5 or whatever it can go to and I'm not sure if I can fix it though.
I'm not sure what's the use of gravitators though but I guess that could help AI navigate though the map since it usually gets stuck and just ends up camping in locations that it thinks it can't go though usually this happens when a wall or a barrier is a bit high for the AI to be able to jump over it and move further and because of this it causes the AI to just stare at the wall causually which leads to camping and then after that AI turns around and moves the oppsite direction and perhaps experience a same problem and this happens because the AI doesn't have perfect pathfinding skills unlike the real player.
I already stated that I tryied to fix the spawn system but it still has those isuees and I just don't know how to fix the problem since all I did was to prevent it form happening but it still happens and I couldn't do anything about that then to minize the problem itself.
Don't talk to me.
Yex

Postby nightmar » 20 July 2020, 00:33

Excellent use of the new trigger action. I am really glad someone put it to good use. The map itself is awesome, and I loved fighting my good old enemies of the approved matches.

btw you do not have to use gravitators to make the AI move around, but the problem with navigating is that they will keep moving towards an enemy at times. However, If you can use one of the trigger actions that Eric has used in the campaign (spefically I am mentioning the trigger action he used for the alarm at level 32), then you can avoid that bug.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 20 July 2020, 00:37

Maybe add an interior area to the map (that's where gravitators might come into play to enhance verticality). And to soak up the extra space, raise player count to 16, which is the maximum amount for MP, so 15 bots plus you.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby Yex » 25 July 2020, 05:54

There you go the map now hosts 15 bots and one player.
Version v1.2 now.
Enjoy!
P.S. I might still quit PB2 but I'm not sure I just don't know what to do now.
Don't talk to me.
Yex

Postby Yex » 15 October 2020, 07:53

The map is now re-published but it is also discontinued and no further updates sorry.

However I may make singleplayer deathmatch 2 the sequel which is going to be a match simulator or multiplayer simulator with like more options and stuff like dm, coop, tdm and stuff if I ever do make one and publish that is but in the mean time this will have to do for now.
Don't talk to me.
Yex

Postby I once was a guest » 31 October 2020, 07:37

If it’s discinuted does it mean TGE map is gonna or your just not gonna updating map

I once was a guest
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Yex » 31 October 2020, 22:28

Actually I might change my mind on this, currently I'm still working on among us map in PB2.

Once I'm done with among us, I may work on other maps and eventually this one which I may decide to just update it with newer features and remove discontinued mark on it and such, I don't know tbh, I'm still deciding but right now I'm working on among us map currently id: yex-amongus

My among us map: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... id=1000506

Among us preview:

They rated my among us map 1 star. T-T

I worked so hard on it! ;-;
Don't talk to me.
Yex

Return to Singleplayer Maps