Fable of an Amnesiac

Singleplayer Maps here.

Fable of an Amnesiac

Postby Vexiled » 28 May 2018, 23:07

Fable of an Amnesiac
A story long forgotten

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue:
vexiled-amnesiac

"Sinking towards the bottom, you begin to relax. Letting all of your memories, thoughts, and feelings fade into the distance as the darkness envelopes you. Only one thought stayed, however..

Why was this place called the Lethe?"

Map Demo | Map Page

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turmoil:
vexiled-amnesiac2

"Blackness is the first thing you notice, then the silence. Its as though the entire world had simply disappeared and had forgotten to take you with it. Fear begins to creep its way into you, and with it panic. Where are you? and Why? These questions circulate in your mind until you notice a faint light in the distance, the only source of hope in this abyss of despair. Slowly, you pull yourself together..

You take your first step forward."

Map Demo | Map Page

Haven:
vexiled-amnesiac3

"As you near the light you see that it's instead a door. It's open, as if it were inviting you to come inside and
escape the darkness. You hesitate. Should you stay in the comfort of what you know? Or do you risk everything by
travelling into the unknown? Slowly, you step through the open passageway..

Hopefully you don't regret your decision."

Map Demo | Map Page

Incursion:
vexiled-amnesiac4

"The second you step through the passageway you feel an immense weight put upon your shoulders. You stumble, but manage to not fall. Its heavy, incredibly heavy, as though the weight of the entire world was suddenly dropped onto you alone. You turn around, but the passageway is already gone..

You immediately regret your decision."

Map Demo | Map Page

vexiled-amnesiac5

"It's unbearable. For every step you take the weight increases, making you all the more exhausted. You wonder if this is what purgatory is like, if this is some divine punishment for your sins long forgotten. You then hear a voice. Faint, almost inaudible, but it's there. Hopeful for anything better than this, you begin walking again..

If only you knew what was waiting for you."

Map Demo | Map Page

This is my attempt at a much slower-paced story. If you guys got any criticism/suggestions feel free to speak them out! Thanks!
Last edited by Vexiled on 20 July 2019, 23:10, edited 3 times in total.
We are machines, tools bereft of heart. We have lived, yet were never alive. Let us die having lived.
Vexiled
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Fable of an Amnesiac

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 20 July 2019, 17:48

Topic bumped under request of the topic owner.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Re: Fable of an Amnesiac

Postby Vexiled » 20 July 2019, 17:54

Hey guys, just wanted to put out there a couple updates:
1. Part 5 is out! I'm still hammering some of the finer details on the map, but overall it is finished. Tell me what you think about it!
2. After being inspired by some other mapmakers, I've been revamping the entire series visually. I've also been doing some minor edits to dialogue, logics, and overall gameplay to get a better feel and pace for the series.

That's it really, if you've guys got any suggestions, feel free to message me. Thanks!
We are machines, tools bereft of heart. We have lived, yet were never alive. Let us die having lived.
Vexiled
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Singleplayer Maps