Usurpation

Singleplayer Maps here.

Usurpation

Postby darkstar 1 » 30 September 2017, 18:14

Nothing too special, just wanted to give a use to the health system I recently made.

Try to get to the generator and activate it, that's basically it.

Map ID: Darkstar 1-usurpation
.:Map page:.
.:Map demo:.

The black boxes with green crosses give you a max of 100 hp when hurt. (max hp won't go over 1000)
When activated the green cross at the start you'll get +25 hp everytime you kill an usurpation (max hp won't go over 1000)

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: Usurpation

Postby Starwars7 » 3 October 2017, 01:17

Great map! Maybe make the enemies a bit harder, even the BNG alien was fairly easy. Otherwise, very fun map to play, and great trigger system.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby darkstar 1 » 13 October 2017, 17:01

Thanks :) The map is updated, more enemies (with BNG's) and some more levels, hope you'll enjoy them as well ;)

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 24 October 2017, 22:59

I wonder how you created the HP system for the player. If you can answer this how did you do it?

I am creating my own boss battle map, and I really want to display the current HP, such that if it falls underneath a certain value, then trigger 'X' would be executed.
Ghost Killer823
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby darkstar 1 » 25 October 2017, 18:59

I call call the amount of hitpoints the player currently has, then set this amount to another variable and call the amount of health again, when the current health is lower than the previous (the one in the other variable) then I substract the current health from the previous health and this should give me the amount of damage the player took, then I substract this value from the 'actual health' (the one that's displayed in the hint).
That's basically it.

Here is an open sourced map if you're interested: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=darkstar%201-health&id=840842
> 'Cur.HP' is the current HP in the original health system.
> 'Prev.HP' is the previous HP in the original health system.
> 'Actual.HP' is the HP in the new health system (displayed in hint).
('Cur2.HP' and 'Prev2.HP are/were the same value as 'Cur.HP' and 'Prev.HP', but meant for calculations, so that 'Cur.HP' and 'Prev.HP' won't change when doing calculations with it)

* The highest trigger sets 'Cur.HP' to the amount of health the player has in the original health system, and sets Actual.HP to the amount of HP you want to give the player in the new system; at start.)

* The lowest two do the calculations.

When you want to activate a trigger when a player has a certain amount of health, you simply ask the health of the player with the 'Var > Set value of variable 'A' to hitpoints value of player 'B'' trigger action and then 'Var > Continue trigger action execution only if value of variable 'A' is less than value 'B'' (make sure you don't take this one: 'Var > Continue trigger action execution only if variable 'A' is less than variable 'B'') 'In action 3-10 type:' you put the trigger you wanted to activate.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 28 October 2017, 17:03

Late Reply: Thanks for the Info! Now I have completed my custom map that features the boss battle in the fifth part, during the 2nd encounter.
Ghost Killer823
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Singleplayer Maps