BRAND NEW CIVIL SECURITY SERIES STORY!

Singleplayer Maps here.

BRAND NEW CIVIL SECURITY SERIES STORY!

Postby _ReX » 26 February 2017, 01:01

Hello there I'm ReX as you can tell.

I never posted a topic on the pb2 forums and this is my first. Please don't be mad at me if I did something wrong please, just tell me nicely if I had done anything wrong with this post. Well anyway lets cut to the chase. So many of you must have played a rpg ( role playing game ) that would be involve with 1 specific character's story, and the two most popular that I've had yet came across in my opinion is a civil's story and alien's story. I can see why that is that. The two are great well known revivalist enemy's in pb2 they absolutely hate each other in the game so why not make a story of each of the two? These wonderful, just INCREDIBLY FANTASTIC maps inspired me to make my own and as well as was the reason that graved me the idea. These maps are...
failureguy-virus
monkeyman2535-alone_1
doomwrath-10thmandown

I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T RATE! I just WANT you're own opinion commented whether it be here or on map description to give in what you think and how you feel about playing my map.

Start by playing part one here
Demo Link:http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=_rex-militarylife%20v1#
Map ID:_rex-militarylife v1
Last edited by _ReX on 26 February 2017, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

_ReX
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: BRAND NEW CIVIL SECURITY SERIES STORY!

Postby Mateo1909 » 26 February 2017, 10:29

The post is okay maybe add Demo link and map page link,map seems to be made very well looking forward to more
Mateo1909
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby meme123321123222 » 26 February 2017, 11:57

Cool map, _ReX! Looking forward to further improvement! :)

meme123321123222
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby awesomedog7 » 1 March 2017, 05:42

This intro sequence is very well made, great job with it.

Things you did very well:

Spoiler: Show More
  • The shuttle looks awesome - it is detailed and immersive while maintaining scale (and there aren't any lighting glitches! High five!)
  • The main character's dialogue at the start is ominous and foreboding yet also interesting and human-like - I am interested to see where you take this character's story.

Some things I have noticed/possible improvements:

Spoiler: Show More
  • The dialogue at the start should say "Its about to begin", not "Its about to began".
  • Checking the tank could involve pressing a button to check the pressure or something (this would also provide a way for you to introduce the bomb other than just text - through beeping or something else). It currently feels like a cinematic rather than gameplay; everything happens automatically. I'm not sure which you want to go for but gameplay is certainly more engaging (Half-life 1 & 2 do this very well).
  • The hints cover up the dialogue and make it hard to see it - I think you forgot to leave a blank hint at the end of the sequence (a blank hint will hide whichever hint is being displayed).
  • The other soldiers don't do anything when your character tells them to get their parachutes. Perhaps you could use triggers to make them move in a certain direction and/or look around - or have dialogue of their own?

Great job - I await the rest of the maps in this series! :)
(Speaking of which, It might look better if you use an End mission with Scenario a trigger to display a message saying that this is only the first part, and so on instead of trying to go to an unpublished map).
Check out my single player adventure map awesomedog7-falkoks - I would love to hear what you think! :)

awesomedog7
Recruit

Postby meme123321123222 » 1 March 2017, 08:08

So apparently the map does not work any more D: the part where the bomb ticks to 1 and you explode ends the mission but does not start the other part of part 1. Is that intentional or just normal? It's a pretty well done map at the start of everything but was the "Map not published" thing intentional?

meme123321123222
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby _ReX » 1 March 2017, 14:00

meme123321123222 wrote:So apparently the map does not work any more D: the part where the bomb ticks to 1 and you explode ends the mission but does not start the other part of part 1. Is that intentional or just normal? It's a pretty well done map at the start of everything but was the "Map not published" thing intentional?

Yeah I know, as you continue to play chapters beyond chapters 1 and 2, of my series. Those maps have something thats wrong ( I think wut maybe, Text trigger and timer issues? ) , so far I can say the best 2 two MAPS THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE PROBLEMS are chapters 1 and 2. The others are f*eked up I can't really find out the issue and fix them. Probably AN ISSUE that ONLY AN EXPERT MAP MAKER would figure out. I however, AM JUST A JUNIOR MAP MAKER. I wish I could do more than just my best to fix it but, all I can tell you know is that as I get better on with map making I'll go back to my old ones and give them another shot of fixing them.

[ QUICK DISCLAIMER FOR ANYONE READING THIS! ] I stopped the series at Chapter 4 [ Part 1/2 ] ( there are 2 parts of chapter 4 btw, only 1 part is available at the moment as you can tell.. ) but anyways yea the series stops here for now because, my brain gaved up on me. :( So I'll need sometime to think... :sorry:
.:[color=#FF0000]ReX[color=#0000FF]:.[/color][/color]

_ReX
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wreak » 19 March 2017, 02:39

I love the opening, the only thing I would have done different is to zoom it out a little.

5/5
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Singleplayer Maps