Space Pirates by Hunter4408

Singleplayer Maps here.

Space Pirates by Hunter4408

Postby Hunter4408 » 1 October 2016, 19:47

Map Name: Space Pirates
Map ID: hunter4408-spacepiratesp1

Map Description: Space Pirates is an adventure series set before the events of Plazma Burst, in an alternate timeline where the Usurpation Forces attack Earth earlier than expected. Xero and his fellow pirate friend David visit the solar system to plunder ships for their band of space pirates, but they soon find their curiosity taking over after Earth is under attack by an unknown alien force.

* Be sure to rate if you enjoy. *

Map Page Link

Link to Space Pirates II thread (The Sequel!)

Space Pirates Soundtrack Credits:
THANASIS G - The enemy is here
Rumbus Merrylegs - 12 finalchance
Richard Jonas - hhhaaarrrdddcccooorrreee
Mid-Air Machine - A State of Despair

CHANGELOG:
October 1, 2016 - Thread Created
October 2, 2016 - Made Level 4 easier
October 4, 2016 - Level 1 has been updated to be slightly easier and less complicated.
November 1, 2016 - Part 7 and 8 have been published. Go play them now!
November 2, 2016 - The Finale has been published, and the series is complete.
December 27, 2016 - Fixed some dialogue on the Finale
July 6, 2017 - Major changes to dialogue in multiple levels.
September 1, 2018 - Fixed walls/backgrounds in certain levels.
February 1, 2020 - Added a preview for both SP1 & 2.
May 11, 2020 - Essentially remastered Space Pirates 1 with the new decorations and models. Dialogue has also been updated.
May 12, 2020 - Removed unused soundtracks, enabled XP gains, and made the difficulty more gradual.

The game is complete and finished. Bugs will be fixed if people report them.

Have any suggestions or bigger reviews? Post them here!
Last edited by Hunter4408 on 12 May 2020, 23:49, edited 17 times in total.
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Space Pirates by Hunter4408

Postby LOLtrolls » 6 January 2017, 05:51

i just LOVE these maps, you need to add more! :D :) ;)
LOLtrolls
Recruit

Postby Hunter4408 » 26 January 2017, 02:39

LOLtrolls wrote:i just LOVE these maps, you need to add more! :D :) ;)

Thanks! Sorry I never saw this, didn't expect a reply.

I've planned on making its sequel, but I thought of how much more flexibility I would have with Plazma Burst 2.5 so I've laid it off. I might end up releasing the sequel to PB2 (trust me, it's coming soon) and later to PB2.5
- Hunter
PB Veteran
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby LOLtrolls » 19 March 2017, 11:47

Hunter4408 wrote:
LOLtrolls wrote:i just LOVE these maps, you need to add more! :D :) ;)

Thanks! Sorry I never saw this, didn't expect a reply.

I've planned on making its sequel, but I thought of how much more flexibility I would have with Plazma Burst 2.5 so I've laid it off. I might end up releasing the sequel to PB2 (trust me, it's coming soon) and later to PB2.5

well now, you got a reply
LOLtrolls aka Doritos

Spoiler: Show More
Deal With It
LOLtrolls
Recruit

Postby Hunter4408 » 5 June 2017, 21:02

Space Pirates 2 is in the making.

Let's make Space Pirates a best map.
- Hunter
PB Veteran
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lrv » 12 August 2017, 18:39

Awesome Campaign!!!!
I especially like level one and the ending where you kill you father/the-crazy -scientist-who-made-you etc.
Questions:
1. Can I shortly mention Xero in one of my camapaigns?
2. Why do you have blue blood at the end and your gun cahnges why?
3. Why don't you have blue blood from the beginning on?
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Hunter4408 » 4 September 2017, 18:45

lrv wrote:Questions:
1. Can I shortly mention Xero in one of my camapaigns?
2. Why do you have blue blood at the end and your gun cahnges why?
3. Why don't you have blue blood from the beginning on?

Spoiler: Show More
1. That's fine with me.
2. Because at that point Xero realizes he is a human-Usurpation hybrid, the blue blood at the end is to represent that he never realized it until then, and that he has Usurpation blood in him. The gun changes because there is a "bug" which causes the energy of his weapons to combine into one extremely powerful one. Not telling more until SP2 comes out.
3. Because Xero never realized that he wasn't fully human until the end of the game. The blue blood at the end is supposed to be symbolic of this.
- Hunter
PB Veteran
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Dandamage » 12 October 2017, 20:41

Overall good quality. I have left a full review on the first and second maps, and played part of the third one (I died too many times for undodgeable alien pistols and decided I should do something else). Even though I pointed out things that really need to be fixed/remade, I think this is a map series with lots of potential and feels like an uncut diamond. Keep up, man.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Hunter4408 » 19 November 2017, 00:28

Dandamage wrote:Overall good quality. I have left a full review on the first and second maps, and played part of the third one (I died too many times for undodgeable alien pistols and decided I should do something else). Even though I pointed out things that really need to be fixed/remade, I think this is a map series with lots of potential and feels like an uncut diamond. Keep up, man.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you. It's a completed series but I do have a sequel in mind. The sequel, however, is being held back until Plazma Burst 2.5 arrives since I'm very limited with Plazma Burst 2's elements that making Space Pirates without all of my ideas was pretty difficult. It is a bit of a harder game, so I'll make some changes that you stated. The first arrival to Earth on level 2 wasn't meant to be elaborate, it was more for the story and the actual gameplay was to come back in level 3 onward. Thank you for the review.
- Hunter
PB Veteran
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lrv » 20 November 2017, 17:28

I have a question if you amke a sequal may I help you with that?
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Hunter4408 » 22 November 2017, 19:18

lrv wrote:I have a question if you amke a sequal may I help you with that?

The only help I'm looking for right now is ideas, especially since we're waiting for PB2.5. So let me know if you have any ideas.
- Hunter
PB Veteran
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Update: Space Pirates by Hunter4408

Postby Hunter4408 » 12 May 2020, 05:56

Major update to Space Pirates 1 - I have freshened it with new decorations and models! Dialogue has also been changed and I tried to fix some potentially unfair sections. I plan to do the same to Space Pirates 2 soon. This will hopefully make it more enjoyable as I develop- Well, let me just say to stay tuned. ;)
- Hunter
PB Veteran
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hunter4408 » 16 December 2022, 23:02

Update from Space Pirates Creator
I have not been active in the PB community for a long time now, and even in my past few posts I was already lingering here. A few months ago I went back to playtest the Space Pirates series because I noticed a large dent in my developer rank, which made me question how enjoyable this large chunk of my levels (the Space Pirates dilogy) actually was. There were parts I felt were unfair for players and confusing, but in hindsight I didn't seek external input. Ultimately I deleted the series and planned on deleting my account when possible, which is something that's now possible.

I receive messages now and then from people who enjoyed the series which makes me regret this decision. For the longest time I was fixated on making a potential Space Pirates 3 when Plazma Burst 2.5/3 releases, so a silver lining is that I may very well recreate these in the new engine as a spiritual successor while I still have my script on how the story plays out. Yes, I had a script. This series is my little brainchild and I put quite a lot of effort in it for such a shoddy result, which is perhaps the charm of it.

It has been a great 9 (10 years if we're counting before I even made an account) years of enjoying Plazma Burst 2. I'm not disappearing as I am looking forward for when PB3 is here. Perhaps with my new handle, or if the accounts system is different I will be back as Hunter4408. The death of Adobe Flash and some of PB2's quirks have left me burned out, but part of it is being an adult. We have to move on. But PB2 will always be in my heart. See you again, hopefully soon. :thank:
- Hunter
PB Veteran
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Singleplayer Maps