The Slayer [6000 Views Special]

Singleplayer Maps here.

The Slayer [6000 Views Special]

Postby Dandamage » 13 April 2016, 21:04

Map name: The Slayer - Main Menu

Map ID: dandamage-dandamage_base

Brief description: The Slayer Series is a group of maps about how Vokolsar became a member of a very feared coalition of assassins called the Upsilon Organisation and the trajectory to become the best slayer ever known by humanity. There will be crossovers and it will be seamlessly implemented to not conflict with the main campaign, such as when you meet Proxy before she attacks the Civil Security base, or before the PSI swords were invented.

It soon will also explain some holes in the story of the main hero of PB2, and the story makes more sense as you play it. The maps were tested many times to ensure that you won't get lost or get glitched at any place, so if something looks wrong, it was probably intended and you can do whatever you want.

The chronological order of the story is:
Introduction, Wolf Among Sheep, Showing Talent, The Short First One, High Profile, Gun Fight on the Heights, Metal and Snow, Traced, Anti-Heroic Arrival, Divide to Conquer, Fatal Instinct, Legend Versus Army, Termination, No Place For Amateurs, Ultimatum, Sky Raid, Dawn of the Usurpation, Anomaly, you in the menu and finally The Slayer Awakened (the last and still not released mission).

Map Page Link: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=dandamage-dandamage_base

Map Demo Link: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=dandamage-dandamage_base

Description: The map is basically a main menu. You can either go to the data room find out information about the enemies and the guns or go to the mission selection map, and there you can choose from fifteen short missions, two still waiting to be implemented, all of them tested to be bug free and as fun and coherent to the story as possible. The story focuses on a quasi-legal security (and secretly hitman) company called the Upsilon Organisation, and shows the events happening some years before the invasion of the Usurpation and extends itself until the Marine from the main campaign reaches the time machine.

The main objective of this series is to make everything look plausible and canon. The map series starts when Wrath, an Upsilon Elite, is informed that another Elite called Vokolsar has mysteriously disappeared in action, and the only way to find out what happened is to check the audio and video of Vokolsar's helmet at the surveillance room (considered the mission selection room). To understand better what is going on you will have to play through the maps, which are in chronological order but not necessarily coming from the point of view of a single character (you will play with more than one character, all missions connected in some way).

The story begins when you click the link below, which will make the mission selection map show and will also show Wrath (player controlled character) walking around the base in the present day, while the switches (the ones that send you to the mission maps) are merely recordings transmited from the helmets of the characters.

Topic about the series' lore: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=18693

Bad or good ratings and suggestions are very welcome, don't be afraid of giving a bad review if it comes with the problem and solution to the problem, so just tell me what's in your mind and I'll try to adjust it if it sounds fair.

Latest update:

- Map "Traced" was added. You control Wrath trying to find Vokolsar because he was informed the mission was a trap.
- Update the map "Anti-Heroic Arrival" by making the base brighter and adding a small section at the beginning.
- Mission selection room updated to allow players to select the new mission.
- Another fan art in progress:
Spoiler: Show More
Last edited by Dandamage on 7 March 2017, 17:03, edited 21 times in total.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: тнє ѕℓαуєя ѕєяιєѕ

Postby Dark Reaver » 14 April 2016, 09:18

Finally a series which is worth playing.
The designs are good, the combat is (mostly) fun, the story is all right.

The only thing I find unpleasant is that you always get back to the Main Room and you can't get straight to the next mission.

Good job overall
Offical Signature of Dark Reaver.
Dark Reaver
Civil Security Lite [100]

тнє ѕℓαуєя ѕєяιєѕ v1.01

Postby Dandamage » 15 April 2016, 20:41

- Modified all enemies to be less damage spongey, except for the ones that are supposed to be tough, such as the grub, the Destroyer and the Civil Security Boss.
- Corrected a few collision bugs and added easter eggs to certain levels.
- The mission "Usurping the Usurpation" now has a tiny time warp effect at the beginning for the sake of coolness.
- All missions when completed will send you back to the Memory Room instead of the Main Room.
- Grammar corrections.
- Also reduced the player health in some levels.
- Minor changes to dialogue
- The radio now displays who is talking to you, so you don't have to guess
- Added short dialogues to some missions just for the sake of it
- Changed the color of the texts to make it easier and more pleasant to read
- Fixed a few collision bugs involving the rocks at the mission "Fatal Instinct"
- Depending on who you kill first, you may scare the rest of the enemies away (Killing an Usurpation Destroyer may make all the lesser usurpers flee in terror)

YOU ARE NO MORE SENT TO THE MISSION SELECTION ROOM EVERY TIME YOU COMPLETE A MISSION.

Any suggestions and bug reports are very welcome.
Last edited by Dandamage on 17 December 2016, 02:23, edited 2 times in total.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: тнє ѕℓαуєя ѕєяιєѕ [+10 Maps]

Postby SpectreSniper » 22 April 2016, 13:21

It's a pretty solid map, had fun playing it.
My only complaint is the dialog's synchronization.
An example of it is in the mission where a Upsilon Slayer gets wounded in his arm, and he talks to the player.
When he is talking to the player, the player can be like, 7 meters away.
To prevent issues like these happening, you should use invisible doors to force the player and the one speaking in a single point.
TheGhostSniper's alt.
The secondary competitive and mapmaking account.

SpectreSniper
Recruit

тнє ѕℓαуєя ѕєяιєѕ [+10 Maps] v1.12

Postby Dandamage » 22 April 2016, 18:45

- In the mission "High Profile", the conversation with the Upsilon Slayer at the beginning of the map will stop you from moving on to not make it awkward.
- Added dead Upsilon Avengers in the map "Legend Versus Army".
- Map "Sky Raid" now has an easter egg dedicated to another map series.

Thank you for your suggestion SpectreSniper. Any other bug reports and suggestions are welcome.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 26 April 2016, 18:50

Checked a few parts of the map and like two episodes in the series.Well done

ps.I'd give this 5 stars but I can't rate,blame Eric

Green eyed Demon

Postby Dandamage » 29 April 2016, 00:39

Progress and ideas on how to continue and change the story and other aspects of the game. If you don't like an idea, please understand that your opinion counts and should be shared here!

(The healing idea is useless, but it's worth noting anyway)

Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby tehswordninja » 29 April 2016, 02:30

I like the series, here's some things that could use improvement

Several weapons have descriptions that don't really make sense or seem professional, such as the cs assault rifle, the "futuristic" rifle and pistol, etc

Several parts of the story, like suddenly becoming a traitor to the cs, and randomly there being usurpers, and nothing about them invading earth, make no sense, along with some of the things the people say (we must kill their leader NOW, don't die to a pistol, etc)

As for enemies, not sure why you said SLCs would only be using pistols, they used lite and heavy railguns and rocket launchers. Houndwalkers are just too op. Lower their damage please. The Civils could have used a bit more variety in terms of weapons, and a few areas I saw lvl 3 assault rifles then I saw units using level 0 rifles right after?
Civil Security Bosses don't use miniguns, and if you want some using them, you should have them be rare, and have normal bosses carry heavy railguns, bngs, plasmaguns, assault rifles, etc

Most of this is minor nitpicking, but I saw you wanted to keep this similar to the campaign.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Dandamage » 29 April 2016, 17:40

@tehswordninja

I think you'll like the next update:
- Shotguns and miniguns will be removed
- The Black Soldiers, for the sake of simplicity, will simply be called Civil Security Elite, which would be the model before the CS Ghost without invisibility. The Civil Security may be allies or enemies depending on the situation (If there is a common enemy, the CS will ignore you)
- The Black Coalition will be removed. It is now simply part of the CS army just like the heavies, bosses, etc.
- Enemies will have more weapons.
- Upsilons Slayers will have fully upgraded red rifle, pistol and shotgun.
- Upsilon Recruit-Avengers will have a vehicle grenade launcher (to make it different from the CS grenade launcher)
- Upsilon Avengers will have a vehicle rocket launcher (a burst fire rocket launcher)
- Beta Slayers will have fully upgraded blue rifle, pistol and shotgun.
- Beta Recruit-Avengers will carry lite railguns.
- Beta Avengers will carry Ray Guns.
- Grubs will be removed as the weapon they use in FttP isn't in PB2.
- A tutorial number zero level will be added to explain why Vokolsar betrayed the Civil Security.
- Civil Security Elite will carry pistols, assault rifles, snipers and rocket launchers.
- The enemy Walkers will be replaced for a very difficult enemy (Destroyer, CS Boss, Beta Avenger...)
- The maps may be slightly modified to give a vanilla feel to the series.
- Custom guns will be uncustomized (except for the vehicle guns allowed for characters)
- Warper's dialogue color will be brighter.
- Vokolsar will be promoted to Vice President of the Upsilons and have access to the exclusive "Red Hero" model.
- The nimble robots reprogrammed by the Usurpation will be red and given Upsilon Slayer weaponry, and the normal robots will be removed.

This list can get bigger, but as soon as I get enough time, all those changes will be applied.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby oraclehunter » 30 April 2016, 11:53

Very nice map. I'd recommend making these doors go open by themselves so you don't have to press the buttons each time and making them a bit faster so you can just smoothly run past them. It becomes a bit annoying when you always have to press them again.
http://prntscr.com/ayn4db
oraclehunter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Dandamage » 30 April 2016, 16:48

Alright, that's easy to fix up. Will do that right now.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby tehswordninja » 30 April 2016, 21:37

oraclehunter wrote:Very nice map. I'd recommend making these doors go open by themselves so you don't have to press the buttons each time and making them a bit faster so you can just smoothly run past them. It becomes a bit annoying when you always have to press them again.
http://prntscr.com/ayn4db

Or perhaps the missions could just continue without you having to keep coming back to that room. It gets a bit annoying to be honest.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

тнє ѕℓαуєя ѕєяιєѕ [+10 Maps] v1.3

Postby Dandamage » 1 May 2016, 21:54

Most changes applied! The game should be way more different in many ways, either by being more challenging or easy, being more fun, or just looking better.

Whoo.

Also, as requested, the story of the characters is being developed and will be posted here!
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby pixelbyte » 2 May 2016, 01:36

http://prntscr.com/az8oie

i got a free gun

yay

pixelbyte

Postby Dandamage » 2 May 2016, 02:01

Whoops. Sorry, no free guns.

Bug fixed.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby pixelbyte » 2 May 2016, 04:44

But I needed IT!

YOU MONSTER!

On topic: Glad to help fix that gun

pixelbyte

тнє ѕℓαуєя ѕєяιєѕ [+10 Maps] v1.31

Postby Dandamage » 5 May 2016, 16:24

About the next mission:

- The provisory name will be Red Dawn.
- There will be the Civil Security, Usurpation, Betas, Upsilons and robots.
- Will happen inside a big Usurpation stronghold, with many floors.
- The Civil Security Ghost will be introduced and the Elites will be slowly removed along with the Civil Security Officers.
- This mission will be very chaotic.
- The artifact that will destroy the Earth, as told in the mission Ultimatum, may be found in this mission.

And the small update:

- Destroyer nerfed. They only carry BNGs and have less health. You can find them more often too.
- Some dialogues removed or changed.
- Changed the first mission to make it slightly bigger and at the same time less confusing.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby LeJames Bron » 14 May 2016, 03:42

This kind inspired me to make a series.

LeJames Bron

Postby noune » 14 May 2016, 13:19

On Sky raid after you finish... it basically tells your character to commit suicide from off the ship...

Is it a bug?
noune
Civil Security Lite [100]

тнє ѕℓαуєя ѕєяιєѕ [+10 Maps] v1.3.2

Postby Dandamage » 14 May 2016, 14:09

No, it is not. Parachutes still exist, it just doesn't show you because there is no parachute skin for me to implement. I might replace it for a life capsule if possible.

Also, a few more updates:

- The mission "Usurping the Usurpation" has been replaced with "Divide To Conquer", and the enemies have been replaced by Civil Security, except for the negotiator.
- Removed a few more dialogues.
- Removed the Usurpation from all levels. The next mission will happen during the invasion at the same time as the Marine tries to find the time machine.
- A few changes to the architecture of some levels.
- Dandamage has been replaced by Omicron, who is the president now.
- The upcoming mission "Red Dawn" is now "Dawn of the Usurpation".
- The mission "Showing Talent" is now bigger and more difficult.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Next

Return to Singleplayer Maps