PB3 Demo (Unofficial version) (For Eric Gurt)

Singleplayer Maps here.

Postby curiosity » 18 May 2022, 15:49

I created a map that looks dark, has a good visual, has a noise screen effect (that was mentioned here - https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/view ... 6&start=20 ), has a custom gun with muzzle flash and ejection port smoke and it makes a screen shake effect every shot. Gun has limited magazine so relaod (press R) every 30 shots. You can press H to zoom in and have a better look of the gun (additionally press Z to slow time while shooting). To win the map you need to calculate your steps and be fast. Map is not flawless or innovative, but it's the most accurate representation of how I see PB3 I could reach with PB2 ALE tools. Yes, it's maybe too dark, I know, I know. It's short because it's a visual demo, not an actual level.

This map is for you Eric, so you can visualize how PB3 should look like in terms of visuals to be able to attract newgens for your upcoming game. I hope you will use it as an example while making PB3 campaign levels. I also hope you won't make it look like a copy of PB2 campaign but with 2.5D effect. I wonder will you be able to make such visual yourself? What do you think of it? Do you need help?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Map name: PB3 Demo
Map ID: curiosity-pb3demo
Map Page Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... id=1028584

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

>>> Please send this map to Eric so he can see it <<<

>>> What do you guys think of the map? Would you like to play PB3 if it looked similar to this? Or do you prefer visuals from Eric Gurt's twitter in-game screenshots? <<<

>>> My apology topic got deleted, but I hope I did not offend anybody again. If I did I'm sorry. <<<

curiosity
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: PB3 Demo (Unofficial version) (For Eric Gurt)

Postby Nozzle » 18 May 2022, 17:49

bro, this is so good, good job! great map!
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle

Postby curiosity » 18 May 2022, 18:02

Nozzle wrote:bro, this is so good, good job! great map!

Thx. I really hope PB3 campaign will look something like this and not like PB2 campaign.

If possible send it to Eric. If he doesn't notice it then I just wasted my time and it was all worthless.

curiosity

Postby Eric Gurt » 19 May 2022, 00:29

I can see how such aesthetic can suit some deep-underground location explorations. Didn't notice noise effect on screen for few first plays, but probably because setting is darker. It perhaps adds to the picture, but could be location specific. There is probably a reason why most games have it as an option - not everyone likes it (either aesthetically or due to performance overhead it usually provides).

I can notice the wish to have realism in game by not having automatic reloading. Extreme of that could be making players manage their inventory and while it probably will be possible to do in Level Editor, I feel like it could lower the pace of a gameplay, especially for players that will actually play game using touch-pad/controller or even if game will be their very first game ever. Additionally, such games generally always feel like a step backwards if player previously played one of numerous games with automatic reloading. Same probably could be said about possibility to reload when no bullets were shot, though this can be just something that been overseen.

Cut scene probably should be skippable, especially if player will need to replay multiple times. Could have been also overseen.

Camera shake is one of elements that makes player feel the power of a weapon perhaps, though can be annoying to some players too. Especially ones that watch gameplay rather than play themselves (ones have expectation while others are not). I remember PB2 having camera shake when damage is received and it didn't felt too nice, maybe it will be different in case of shooting, will give it a try.

Basically, something of this could be given a try but I can't exactly say it is clearly better than what PB2.5/3 has now.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby broforce1 » 19 May 2022, 15:10

my guess for this map, well, i dont suggest it because the overall beginning is boring... u know we all wanted to start firing at enemies and not experiencing first level inside a house that wont look too amazing in 2.5D and fighting the CS ghosts was a bit annoying (eve on ez mode).
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby medusahead » 1 April 2023, 01:11

Eric Gurt wrote:I can see how such aesthetic can suit some deep-underground location explorations. Didn't notice noise effect on screen for few first plays, but probably because setting is darker. It perhaps adds to the picture, but could be location specific. There is probably a reason why most games have it as an option - not everyone likes it (either aesthetically or due to performance overhead it usually provides).

I can notice the wish to have realism in game by not having automatic reloading. Extreme of that could be making players manage their inventory and while it probably will be possible to do in Level Editor, I feel like it could lower the pace of a gameplay, especially for players that will actually play game using touch-pad/controller or even if game will be their very first game ever. Additionally, such games generally always feel like a step backwards if player previously played one of numerous games with automatic reloading. Same probably could be said about possibility to reload when no bullets were shot, though this can be just something that been overseen.

Cut scene probably should be skippable, especially if player will need to replay multiple times. Could have been also overseen.

Camera shake is one of elements that makes player feel the power of a weapon perhaps, though can be annoying to some players too. Especially ones that watch gameplay rather than play themselves (ones have expectation while others are not). I remember PB2 having camera shake when damage is received and it didn't felt too nice, maybe it will be different in case of shooting, will give it a try.

Basically, something of this could be given a try but I can't exactly say it is clearly better than what PB2.5/3 has now.

You didn't get it. The point of this map is to demonstrate what level of quality should the backgrounds and overall screen picture have in PB3.

Best possible shade of backgrounds, best element combination, best screen filters possible.

Understanding that is what will help you create a popular game and campaign. How PB3 visuals look now (judging by old screenshots) cirrently is awful, very cheap and unimpressive, also unnatural and unrealistic. You will not sell your game if it looks like this. It's not enough to match 2023 visual standards.

I seriosly recommend you reading this tutorial: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/view ... 10&t=25834

And check this map, it has other background combos you can use in PB3: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... id=1029441

If someone can notify Eric about this reply you would do PB3 game quality a favor.
medusahead
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Singleplayer Maps