Forum games re-work

Suggest your forum game ideas here.

Re: Forum games re-work

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 December 2017, 19:35

I'm okay with having a suggestion area because any forum game that people make with flaws in it can have those flaws ironed out before becoming an actual game. Right now, nobody's really using the suggestions area so I'd rather have the section gone for that reason but there needs to be some sort of guidelines with how long term and short term forum games are to be designed before being placed on the forums.

Individual sections for types of games (the endless and hosted games) might be a good idea but I'd prefer all the games be in one entire section like we do right now, with the forum game titles having a tag in the name instead to identify the type, the same way RtDs identified themselves as such. The forum has a bad habit of making a lot of subsections imo. It'd be easier and efficient to have all the current forum games in one section considering only a handful of games are ever active at any given time. An archive section would be good to have however for the reasons you listed.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 December 2017, 23:37

silverteen11 wrote:Although as for feedback a sticky thread for interest check and feedback, we could even hold updates in there.

That works. As long as there's a place for feedback and updates, I don't mind this addition. It'll definitely be useful for RtD-type forum games and any other RPG styled game.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby DoomWrath » 7 April 2018, 21:56

I prefer to keep suggestions area, it's good for feedback. More subforums aren't really necessary either. Archiving games might be a thing, but if it's that important, why not just save/screenshot the posts?

I feel like some of this could be solved easily by forcing topic titles to use a tag such as [RtD] or [FG] for endless forum games.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby DoomWrath » 7 April 2018, 22:15

Locking topic, please continue here: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=21384&p=193890
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Suggestions Area