Forum games re-work

Suggest your forum game ideas here.

Forum games re-work

Postby Resi » 19 December 2017, 15:41

- Remove the suggestions area, there's absolutely no reason to do so, posts don't count and post count doesn't bring any benefit at all, the report button exists. If staff have no time, open up positions again, having too many staff is never a problem if the people in it are worth it. The plazma burst rules apply everwhere in the forums so there's no reason why the forum games or any section at all should be changed to make them more complicated.

- Add a sub-forum called "Endless Games" which is basically games that are simple and don't require any host to function and of course, never end: I.E: Rate the above poster's avatar, count to X, the slot machine, true or false.

- Add a sub-forum called "Hosted Games" which is basically more complicated games that require a host to function, I.E: Roll to Dodge, RPGs, Hangman, Mafia/Murder/Werewolf and allow 1 game per player and per week: If you make one game focus on it, if it's finished and a week has passed after it started they can make another freely, users can contact staff to request a second game and they will get permission for it if the user has proved to be capable of hosting both with little no problems.

- Add a sub-forum called "Archived Games" which are hosted games that ended which can be viewed for nostalgia, examples and so on.
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Re: Forum games re-work

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 December 2017, 19:35

I'm okay with having a suggestion area because any forum game that people make with flaws in it can have those flaws ironed out before becoming an actual game. Right now, nobody's really using the suggestions area so I'd rather have the section gone for that reason but there needs to be some sort of guidelines with how long term and short term forum games are to be designed before being placed on the forums.

Individual sections for types of games (the endless and hosted games) might be a good idea but I'd prefer all the games be in one entire section like we do right now, with the forum game titles having a tag in the name instead to identify the type, the same way RtDs identified themselves as such. The forum has a bad habit of making a lot of subsections imo. It'd be easier and efficient to have all the current forum games in one section considering only a handful of games are ever active at any given time. An archive section would be good to have however for the reasons you listed.
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]

Postby Resi » 19 December 2017, 23:19

Hikarikaze wrote:I'm okay with having a suggestion area because any forum game that people make with flaws in it can have those flaws ironed out before becoming an actual game. Right now, nobody's really using the suggestions area so I'd rather have the section gone for that reason but there needs to be some sort of guidelines with how long term and short term forum games are to be designed before being placed on the forums.

Individual sections for types of games (the endless and hosted games) might be a good idea but I'd prefer all the games be in one entire section like we do right now, with the forum game titles having a tag in the name instead to identify the type, the same way RtDs identified themselves as such. The forum has a bad habit of making a lot of subsections imo. It'd be easier and efficient to have all the current forum games in one section considering only a handful of games are ever active at any given time. An archive section would be good to have however for the reasons you listed.

Now that you mention it, being in the same sub-forum wouldn't actually hurt at all...

Although as for feedback a sticky thread for interest check and feedback, we could even hold updates in there.
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Postby Hikarikaze » 19 December 2017, 23:37

silverteen11 wrote:Although as for feedback a sticky thread for interest check and feedback, we could even hold updates in there.

That works. As long as there's a place for feedback and updates, I don't mind this addition. It'll definitely be useful for RtD-type forum games and any other RPG styled game.
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]

Postby DoomWrath » 7 April 2018, 21:56

I prefer to keep suggestions area, it's good for feedback. More subforums aren't really necessary either. Archiving games might be a thing, but if it's that important, why not just save/screenshot the posts?

I feel like some of this could be solved easily by forcing topic titles to use a tag such as [RtD] or [FG] for endless forum games.
DoomWrath
Administrator

Postby Resi » 7 April 2018, 22:01

DoomWrath wrote:I prefer to keep suggestions area, it's good for feedback. More subforums aren't really necessary either. Archiving games might be a thing, but if it's that important, why not just save/screenshot the posts?

Make a stickied master thread to ask for feedback, request co-hosts, etc.

And yes, more sub-forums aren't necessary. So the "suggestions area" would be replaced by a master thread, because right now it's a queue... It would be replaced by the archive.

And you see, because with topics I can directly send the url to people in the forums, and that the entire topic would be archived easily, instead of taking time to screenshot them.

I think you should do a discord announcement, sometimes forum game sections have their own community inside a community, which from last time you didn't really like, but it could potentially increase the activity of the forum.

DoomWrath wrote:I feel like some of this could be solved easily by forcing topic titles to use a tag such as [RtD] or [FG] for endless forum games.

By having sub-forums for endless and hosted games, not only do we save title space, but we also are able to keep things in one place without having to look at the title category, or having to Control + F.
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Postby DoomWrath » 7 April 2018, 22:15

Locking topic, please continue here: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=21384&p=193890
DoomWrath
Administrator

Return to Suggestions Area