Operation Frostbite: Deadly Encounter

Suggest your forum game ideas here.

Operation Frostbite: Deadly Encounter

Postby GhostX5 » 25 January 2017, 10:10

Hey guys, GhostX5 here and this is a game that I would be suggesting here on PB2 Forums, "Operation Frostbite: Deadly Encounter".

This is an adventure, with a small mix of wars and battles of what's happening right now, even before.

So, the game will have player limits, there will be 5 teams, only up to 5 members.

This is how you register/make your character:

Code: Select all
Name:
Class type:
Weapons (3 only, melee is included as a tertiary weapon):
Equipment (Anything that you like):
Appearance (How your character looks like, outfit is included):
Skills (What your character can do):

Here are the classes and Equipment:
Spoiler: Show More
Assault - Basic soldier, he/she uses Assault Rifle, Pistol or SMG and a combat knife
Support - Aggressive one, uses LMGs or HMGs, hard hitting pistols and a throwable weapon.
Explosives Expert - Assistance, uses compact Assault Rifle or SMG, Rocket Launcher and a Target Locator.
Sniper/Recon - Silent, swift but deadly, uses Sniper Rifle or DMR, silenced pistol and a combat knife.
Operator - Upgraded version of Assault Class, uses Automatic Rifle with Bipods, pistol and a headset for communicating the U.S SOD Base.
Enforcer - True powerhouse, uses Shotgun, high calibre pistols and a sword.
Engineer - Useful class, this has a blow torch for breaching inaccessable doors, making holes. Also, he is equipped with a Shotgun, SMG and a pistol.
Tracer - Direct upgrade for the Sniper class, uses an anti-materiel sniper rifle, a grenade launcher and a machine pistol.
Juggernaut - Heavily armored, direct upgrade for the Enforcer and the Support class, uses grenade launcher or heavy machine gun, a revolver and a sword.
Death Reaper - A aggressive class, uses rocket launcher, R.E.S Shield and a Assault Rifle.

Equipment:
Night Vision - Gives a sight for soldiers at night, but can be easily blurred if there are lights on.
Medkit - Useful for healing yourself and your teammates.
Ammo Bag - Useful for supplying ammunition for you and your teammates, also can supply some explosives.
Camera Drone - Can track and detect enemies in 3 mins, but won't last long after a shot.

Skills:
High Strength - It gives you extra stamina, dealing 50% damage when you kick, punch, shoot or slash your enemy, also gives you extra HP, big chance that you can absorb the damage.
Extra Agility - Gives you extra speed when running, but you cannot tire easily, and you can dodge bullets.
Reflexes - Your brain system will be heightened, at high levels, you're always alert all the time. You can warn your teammates in this way if s**t hits the fan.
Stealth - You'll be remaining silent all the time, and no enemies can hear you nor see you. Always in shadow, all the tine when enemies are around.
Rage - Inspired by the game "For Honor", when you kill three enemies (with any weapon) with headshot or decapitation, your character turns angry, moving way faster, giving you extra HP and helps you kill more enemies.
Slo-Mo - Your character activates his/her power, everything slows down, but you and your teammates will move faster, avoiding bullets, and makes you deal more damage. Assassination attempts, will be more interesting in slo-mo.
Rot-To-Death - Your weapon's bullets will be activated with corrosion, when killing enemies with this, they will rot, and never will be seen.
No Sweat - When you killed an enemy which is very close to you, using a grenade or a rocket launcher, you cannot get killed by yourself or get killed by one of your teammates' explosives. Be careful, if your teammates are nearby.
Get-Rekt - A little humourous one, but this may be the perfect one to those who are big fans of the MLG. Your character can perform a '360 no scope, jumpshot or a trickshot.

NOTE: All six teams are both teammates to one another, so this will be a military adventure. You can request me to make you guys our own pixelated soldiers.

Name: John A. Warden
Class Type: Operator
Weapons (3 only, melee is included as a tertiary weapon): XM8A1, Beretta 92FS Inox, Machete
Equipment: Medkit
Appearance: Blonde hair, white skin, muscular. Wears the black forest camouflage uniform, CIRAS Maritime Armor, Combat Shoulder Pads and Knee Pads and Helmet with Goggles (Custom) and Balaclava mask
Skills: Stealth

John A. Warden will be included in the game as the leader for the Alpha Team, but an NPC.

Alpha Team: http://ghostx5-helghast975.deviantart.c ... 1487716050 Recruiting Complete
1. John A. Warden [Operator] (Leader, orange visor)
2. Sam Stone [Support] (Behind John)
3. Sarah Reyes [Engineer] (In front)
4. Kurrode [Sniper/Recon] (Behind Sam)
5. Amy Santos [Tracer]

Foxtrot Team: Recruiting in progress...

Warrior Team: Recruiting in progress...

Bravo Team: Recruiting in progress...

Delta Team: Recruiting in progress...

Tempest Team: Recruiting in progress...
Last edited by GhostX5 on 21 February 2017, 23:30, edited 11 times in total.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Re: Operation Frostbite: Deadly Encounter

Postby neoexdeath » 25 January 2017, 16:05

I like this idea. It's more simplistic when compared to RtD Illysia and RtD Arclight, but the story seems interesting in my opinion. Count me in.

Character sheet:
Name: Sam Stone
Class type: Support
Weapons: M249 SAW, Desert Eagle .50, L1A1 12.7mm (.50) HMG
Equipment: Ammo Bag
Appearance: Black hair, slightly tan skin, solid build. Wears arctic camouflage pattern uniform, modular tactical vest, backpack full of various types of ammo and explosives, black shades, combat knee, shoulder and elbow pads, MICH helmet with googles and tactical gloves. Also has a baclava mask but only wears it if it's really necessary.
Skills: High Strength

Also, a few questions:

1. Is there some sort of currency in the game that we need to use?
1.1. If so, then will we be able to purchase or sell weapons/armor/equipment/etc. in a store?
2. Does what type of body armor we wear (under appearance) matter when getting hit? Or is it just cosmetic?
3. Is there a max inventory space?
4. Where does our ammo show up?
5. Do the items a character has in their Ammo Bag also show up, or is it just a magical backpack with infinite ammunition/explosives for everything?
6. Can we loot and use the equipment of dead enemies/allies?
7. How are damage and accuracy calculated in this game?
8. Do we have health and stamina stats or something? (High Strength says that it gives extra stamina and HP)
9. You said that there is no player limit, yet each team is limited to 5 members max each. If (hypothetically, I highly doubt this would actually happen) there would be more than 15 players, and a 16th player decides to join, what would happen to him?
Last edited by neoexdeath on 26 January 2017, 23:48, edited 3 times in total.
neoexdeath
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 25 January 2017, 22:32

neoexdeath wrote:I like this idea. It's more simplistic when compared to RtD Illysia and RtD Arclight, but the story seems interesting in my opinion. Count me in.

Character sheet:
Name: Sam Stone
Class type: Support
Weapons: M249 SAW, Desert Eagle .50, L1A1 12.7mm (.50) HMG
Equipment: Ammo Bag
Appearance: Black hair, slightly tan skin, solid build. Wears woodland camouflage pattern uniform, modular tactical vest, backpack full of various types of ammo and explosives, black shades, combat knee pads and MICH helmet. Also has a baclava mask but only wears it if really needed.
Skills: High Strength

Also, a few questions:

1. Is there some sort of currency in the game that we need to use?
1.1. If so, then will we be able to purchase or sell weapons/armor/equipment/etc. in a store?
2. Does what type of body armor we wear (under appearance) matter when getting hit? Or is it just cosmetic?
3. Is there a max inventory space?
4. Where does our ammo show up?
5. Do the items a character has in their Ammo Bag also show up, or is it just a magical backpack with infinite ammunition/explosives for everything?
6. Can we loot and use the equipment of dead enemies/allies?
7. How are damage and accuracy calculated in this game?
8. Do we have health and stamina stats or something? (High Strength says that it gives extra stamina and HP)
9. You said that there is no player limit, yet each team is limited to 5 members max each. If (hypothetically, I highly doubt this would actually happen) there would be more than 15 players, and a 16th player decides to join, what would happen to him?

1. Apparently, yes.
1.1. Yes, this will be included. But, I decided that the equipment or things like that we're all going to buy will be decreased to $250 to $500 each.
2. Yes, somehow, depending on what armor you wear, it can absorb 50% of the damage.
3. Nope. You can store many items as you want. :)
4. Downwards right. I decided to do this like BF Style.
5. Yes, just in case you want to drop a medkit or a ammo bag. Your teammates can also get something from you.
6. Yes.
7. For using any types of weaponry, you'll be dealing 150% damage. 100% damage is the original one, if you don't choose High Strength.
8. Yup. Top left.
9. The 9th player would be included as a teammate also, yet an unknown one. We don't know which team does he belong to.
GhostX5

Postby neoexdeath » 26 January 2017, 08:23

I see. But I still have a few more questions:
1. You talked about the damage multiplier from my passive, but how do we know the base damage of our weapons? Do you decide it?
2. Do you also decide how much protection the armor we wear gives us?
3. Does higher protection armor also hinder mobillity?

Also, I made some changes to my character sheet.
neoexdeath
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 26 January 2017, 09:28

neoexdeath wrote:I see. But I still have a few more questions:
1. You talked about the damage multiplier from my passive, but how do we know the base damage of our weapons? Do you decide it?
2. Do you also decide how much protection the armor we wear gives us?
3. Does higher protection armor also hinder mobillity?

Also, I made some changes to my character sheet.

1. I decided that, the damage for our weapons will be about 85%. 35% damage to head, 21% damage to body and 15% to legs. Shooting the legs will cause the enemies to get injured, and it will slow their mobility down.
2. Our armor will be at 350%, because it is also attached with a mixed titanium & promethium plates, but our movement will be decreased at -55%, heavy plates..
3. Already said at 2. -55%
GhostX5

Postby neoexdeath » 26 January 2017, 11:56

Wait, so all our weapons have the same base damage?
neoexdeath
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 26 January 2017, 12:02

Except shotguns and sniper rifles. Assault Rifles and SMGs will have similar damage, about 85%. Shotguns at close range have 99%, while at long it has 55%. Sniper Rifles will have 105% at close, while at long it will be 125%.

For explosives, the grenade will have 125% damage.

Melee, they'll have 150%. They're powerful.
GhostX5

Postby neoexdeath » 26 January 2017, 12:35

What about HMGs, heavy pistols (.50 mostly, I guess) and normal pistols? How much damage do they deal?
neoexdeath
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 26 January 2017, 15:01

The HMGs will deal 125%, same as the grenades, while the normal pistols deal the same damage as the shotguns. 99%.
GhostX5

Postby Garuda 1 » 27 January 2017, 15:50

Okay, so a few questions from myself:
- How do you determine range and how much of a factor it is,
- How many action can you do in a turn (how many times can you shoot, or knife, or move, or loot, etc.)
- What, if anything, are our restrictions on our appearance, and how do we get armour that actually affects our health.
- What are my weapon choice limits, and what is the difference between to rifles such as, say, a FAL and a FAMAS.
- (More out of curiosity than necessity....) what era are we in, and if we wished could we choose older out of service guns,
- Will there be vehicles, and how will they work if so,
- How much health does the healthpack give, and how much can you carry in your ammobag
- You mentioned under the drone that the tracks enemies in three minutes - how does the flow of time work in this game,
- Will there be combat maps
- What is the actual radius of the grenade,
- What do you base your attacks and defense off of - is it just the basic damage or is there any variation to it.
- Can we get additional skills/equipment/upgrades for our weapons later on.

That is all for now. Hope you are not too overwhelmed. I like the idea, so good luck with it.
Garuda 1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby chrose » 27 January 2017, 17:11

First off, shouldn't registration only start after the game gets approved?

The GM participating in the game itself has quite a few complications, such as the GM knowing what will happen next, possibly scripting things in his team's favor, etc. Even if you don't want to, there's a high chance you'll still subconciously favor your own team over the others and that will affect the game.

Questions
1. Will the players fight each other, in any point of the game?

2. Are there any stat difference between the classes, or is it just the equipment they start with?

3. Could you expand more on the skills? How likely are you to dodge bullets with Agility? What will reflex actually do? How does stealth work?

4. What happens when you get a fatal wound? Are you out of the game once you die?

Suggestions & Criticism
1. When someone says engineer, you wouldn't exactly think "dude with a rocket launcher". Maybe rename the class?

2. Enforcer seems quite weak, the 99% damage shotgun at close range isn't much when compared to rifles with 85%.

3. Operator just seems like a straight up upgrade to Assault. A better rifle along with communications overshadows a combat knife.

4. Ammo bag is just better than the grenade since the bag also contains explosives.
chrose
RtD Enthusiast

Postby GhostX5 » 28 January 2017, 04:30

Garuda 1 wrote:Okay, so a few questions from myself:
- How do you determine range and how much of a factor it is,
- How many action can you do in a turn (how many times can you shoot, or knife, or move, or loot, etc.)
- What, if anything, are our restrictions on our appearance, and how do we get armour that actually affects our health.
- What are my weapon choice limits, and what is the difference between to rifles such as, say, a FAL and a FAMAS.
- (More out of curiosity than necessity....) what era are we in, and if we wished could we choose older out of service guns,
- Will there be vehicles, and how will they work if so,
- How much health does the healthpack give, and how much can you carry in your ammobag
- You mentioned under the drone that the tracks enemies in three minutes - how does the flow of time work in this game,
- Will there be combat maps
- What is the actual radius of the grenade,
- What do you base your attacks and defense off of - is it just the basic damage or is there any variation to it.
- Can we get additional skills/equipment/upgrades for our weapons later on.

That is all for now. Hope you are not too overwhelmed. I like the idea, so good luck with it.

Whew, this'll give me some time.

1. For some guns like the ARs, FAL, M16, they'll have a range of 250 meters. Snipers, that's a bit tricky. It'll be 1800 meters, exactly the one from the sniper who shot at the same meter. Shotguns, they're a bit hard to predict, so 100 meters. Pistols have a small chance to beat the shotguns', except that they'll have 105 meters. Rocket Launchers will have the same range as the Sniper Rifle, they can be direct, homing or heat seeking. Grenades only has 90 meters, depending how strong you can throw it.

2. Most of all, they'll be unlimited.

3. The armor will affect our characters' HP, however it can double it.

4. The FAL will be defined as a Battle Rifle while the FAMAS counts as a Assault Rifle.

5. The game's era will be set to the same day as we are in now.

6. The vehicles will be implemented, let's say Humvee for example, your character can give orders to the driver when he should stop or accelerate fast. Also, your character can get to use a mounted turret to kill enemies. Helicopters do the same, except that you'll experience turbulence in the air, rarely.

7. The medkit will replenish your character's HP to it's maximum state, 250%.

8. When it has gone over 3 mins, the drone will come back to your character once if it has tracked enemies, but you'll get to control the drone.

9. Technically, yes. Some of them will have combat situations, depending on what enemy you should want to fight with, and know it's weaknesses.

10. The grenade's radius will be 550 meters, well, our teammates won't get affected/hurt by the explosion, even if you try to do friendly fire on them.

11. For some attacks like melee, your character deals 80% damage (w/o High Strength) when you attack. Your character can deal 130% damage (with High Strength), also has a chance to injure, immobilize or stun enemies. For the Stealth skill, your character's damage will be increased to 185%, in addition to High Strength. Also has a possibility to assassinate enemies behind.

12. Sure, I'll think of some.

Thanks. Been thinking about this one for a while.

chrose wrote:First off, shouldn't registration only start after the game gets approved?

The GM participating in the game itself has quite a few complications, such as the GM knowing what will happen next, possibly scripting things in his team's favor, etc. Even if you don't want to, there's a high chance you'll still subconciously favor your own team over the others and that will affect the game.

Questions
1. Will the players fight each other, in any point of the game?

2. Are there any stat difference between the classes, or is it just the equipment they start with?

3. Could you expand more on the skills? How likely are you to dodge bullets with Agility? What will reflex actually do? How does stealth work?

4. What happens when you get a fatal wound? Are you out of the game once you die?

Suggestions & Criticism
1. When someone says engineer, you wouldn't exactly think "dude with a rocket launcher". Maybe rename the class?

2. Enforcer seems quite weak, the 99% damage shotgun at close range isn't much when compared to rifles with 85%.

3. Operator just seems like a straight up upgrade to Assault. A better rifle along with communications overshadows a combat knife.

4. Ammo bag is just better than the grenade since the bag also contains explosives.
Once if the registration is complete, the game will start once Garuda 1 will approve this. I'll be participating in the game, as a leader of the first team.

1. As of all, no. The players will never fight one another, I've already said it. "NOTE: All three teams will be teammates to one another."

2. There is a stat difference, but not with the equipment.

3. The Agility skill gives you speed enhancement, you could still dodge this, but you'll not be alert all the time, yet crouching and going prone is the one that helps. The Reflex skill is just like agility, but also shares speed enhancement. Yet, this gives you a sharp memory of what will be the location of the base, and it gives you a strong hearing, sharp eyes and fast movement. The Stealth skill is actually the combined one of all abilities, it has everything, High Strength, Reflex, Agility. This is perfect for Sniper and Operator class.

4. No. You're still alive, until you ran out of HP. Even if you die, you'll lose 1 live. All characters will have 10 lives. Lose them all, you're out of the game for 5 mins.

----------

1. Explosives Expert, I guess? That'll be perfect, I think I should change it to Explosives Expert.

2. Nothing much I could think for Shotguns, technically.

3. Hmm, not sure what another I should give, perhaps an SMG?

4. I agree, and I should remove this because all characters will have grenades, up to 20 grenades.
GhostX5

Postby Hikarikaze » 28 January 2017, 06:13

GhostX5 wrote:1. For some guns like the ARs, FAL, M16, they'll have a range of 250 meters. Snipers, that's a bit tricky. It'll be 1800 meters, exactly the one from the sniper who shot at the same meter. Shotguns, they're a bit hard to predict, so 100 meters. Pistols have a small chance to beat the shotguns', except that they'll have 105 meters. Rocket Launchers will have the same range as the Sniper Rifle, they can be direct, homing or heat seeking. Grenades only has 90 meters, depending how strong you can throw it.

So how is range represented and incorporated in the game? As far as I can tell, you have a unit of measure but you have no method to make range an actual attribute that has any sort of effect. It's just numbers and nothing more at the moment

From personal experience, I can safely say that there's almost no simple way of making range a value that does anything without any sort of system made. Your best bet would be to either have range be an estimate and not an actual value found by the distance of two entities (again, how would this be found, how will it be consistent in calculations, how will it be calculated, etc) or simply have range be simply a value that does nothing

GhostX5 wrote:2. Most of all, they'll be unlimited.

Unlimited actions in a single turn is always a bad idea. Although you can do a lot in one turn, that's exactly the main issue. Players can simply chain actions endlessly if there's no limit, making that turn a waste of time to process and complete, as well as making that turn almost last infinitely. The game can't progress if one single turn is going on forever

A good limit would be 3-5 actions in my opinion. It forces strategy and keeps gameplay running smoothly at a slow, yet efficient pace

GhostX5 wrote:8. When it has gone over 3 mins, the drone will come back to your character once if it has tracked enemies, but you'll get to control the drone.

What is 3 minutes in relation to the number of turns? Does one minute equal one turn? Time has to be represented somehow in this game as well

Also, I'd like to make a comment on the "GM as a player" thing as well. The chance of bias occurring is a very good point and I don't think it would be fair if one player, even if it's the GM, had some sort of advantage (i.e the ability to potentially influence events, etc) over the rest. This would be a different story if the character was a NPC but this is an actual character (that has influence over how the course of the game will turn due to freedom of actions) with no systematic form of operation behind it, meaning there's a good chance of bias. NPCs depend on player input even though they can also introduce certain parts of the game/story. Bias to a NPC wouldn't have as much of a significant impact as bias to a character would have

By the way, since there's no limit on players, wouldn't it make a bit more sense to create more teams to eventually accommodate those that aren't on the already existing teams because they're full?
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby chrose » 28 January 2017, 07:22

GhostX5 wrote:Nothing much I could think for Shotguns, technically.

Buff the shotgun's damage, it should deal at the very least 125% at close range. The whole point of a shotgun is that it deals huge amounts of damage up close and very little from range. The Enforcer will still suffer from a lack of range however.

GhostX5 wrote:There is a stat difference, but not with the equipment.

By equipment I meant the weapons, my bad. Could you list the stat difference?

GhostX5 wrote:The Reflex skill is just like agility, but also shares speed enhancement. Yet, this gives you a sharp memory of what will be the location of the base, and it gives you a strong hearing, sharp eyes and fast movement.

Why would anyone choose agility over reflex then?

GhostX5 wrote:The Stealth skill is actually the combined one of all abilities, it has everything, High Strength, Reflex, Agility.

Does this not sound overpowered to you? It should lower the chances of being spotted, and maybe increase accuracy. High strength makes absolutely no sense here.

The entire skill list seems incredibly unbalanced. Right now, it's clear that Stealth > Reflex ≈ Strength > Agility. You need to make all of them viable to promote diversity within builds or everyone will just be running stealth.

GhostX5 wrote: if you die, you'll lose 1 live. All characters will have 10 lives. Lose them all, you're out of the game for 5 mins.

How are you going to explain this mechanic in-game? Do we transfer our consciousness into a clone when we die?

GhostX5 wrote:I agree, and I should remove this because all characters will have grenades, up to 20 grenades.

20 grenades sounds bonkers. Giving every player 1-2 grenade at a start with a maximum of 5 grenades within their inventory, excluding the ammo bag would be more realistic.

-----------------

Suggestions & Criticism
1. Support just seems like Assault lite. Maybe give them an extra medkit automatically? Also, what do you mean throwable weapons?

2. Night Vision goggles should come standard to every player. And Camera Drone seems incredibly weak since it's pretty much a one time use consumable.
chrose
RtD Enthusiast

Postby GhostX5 » 28 January 2017, 16:43

chrose wrote:
GhostX5 wrote:Nothing much I could think for Shotguns, technically.

Buff the shotgun's damage, it should deal at the very least 125% at close range. The whole point of a shotgun is that it deals huge amounts of damage up close and very little from range. The Enforcer will still suffer from a lack of range however.

GhostX5 wrote:There is a stat difference, but not with the equipment.

By equipment I meant the weapons, my bad. Could you list the stat difference?

GhostX5 wrote:The Reflex skill is just like agility, but also shares speed enhancement. Yet, this gives you a sharp memory of what will be the location of the base, and it gives you a strong hearing, sharp eyes and fast movement.

Why would anyone choose agility over reflex then?

GhostX5 wrote:The Stealth skill is actually the combined one of all abilities, it has everything, High Strength, Reflex, Agility.

Does this not sound overpowered to you? It should lower the chances of being spotted, and maybe increase accuracy. High strength makes absolutely no sense here.

The entire skill list seems incredibly unbalanced. Right now, it's clear that Stealth > Reflex ≈ Strength > Agility. You need to make all of them viable to promote diversity within builds or everyone will just be running stealth.

GhostX5 wrote: if you die, you'll lose 1 live. All characters will have 10 lives. Lose them all, you're out of the game for 5 mins.

How are you going to explain this mechanic in-game? Do we transfer our consciousness into a clone when we die?

GhostX5 wrote:I agree, and I should remove this because all characters will have grenades, up to 20 grenades.

20 grenades sounds bonkers. Giving every player 1-2 grenade at a start with a maximum of 5 grenades within their inventory, excluding the ammo bag would be more realistic.

-----------------

Suggestions & Criticism
1. Support just seems like Assault lite. Maybe give them an extra medkit automatically? Also, what do you mean throwable weapons?

2. Night Vision goggles should come standard to every player. And Camera Drone seems incredibly weak since it's pretty much a one time use consumable.
1. Okay, got it, 125% range for shotguns.
2. For the guns like e.g M16, AK-47, they'll be the basic weapon. While XM8, pretty much advanced, but more modular and accurate than the ordinary M16. Forgot the difference.

3. The High Strength enhances your character's attacks. Like SFH 2's killstreak, Surge. Similar capabilities, it also increases accuracy. I think for the Stealth skill, it lowers the chance of getting spotted, getting hit easily and also increases accuracy. Not only you have the ability to assassinate enemies from behind, but you can also turn invisible and run fast.

4. If you die, you can spectate your view to your teammates' or enemies' view. Just like PB2. I decided that it should stay for 5 mins, not 3 secs like SFH 2 & Raze 2. Way too soon, but 5 mins can help you concentrate.

5. Sure thing. 5 grenades it is.

6. For the throwable weapons, you'll know this. They get to throw a knife. Kukri, Kunai and Karambit are the throwables, yet Kukri is the best one. Extra medkit, sure. But yeah they also get to heal themselves and one another.

Hikarikaze wrote:
GhostX5 wrote:1. For some guns like the ARs, FAL, M16, they'll have a range of 250 meters. Snipers, that's a bit tricky. It'll be 1800 meters, exactly the one from the sniper who shot at the same meter. Shotguns, they're a bit hard to predict, so 100 meters. Pistols have a small chance to beat the shotguns', except that they'll have 105 meters. Rocket Launchers will have the same range as the Sniper Rifle, they can be direct, homing or heat seeking. Grenades only has 90 meters, depending how strong you can throw it.

So how is range represented and incorporated in the game? As far as I can tell, you have a unit of measure but you have no method to make range an actual attribute that has any sort of effect. It's just numbers and nothing more at the moment

From personal experience, I can safely say that there's almost no simple way of making range a value that does anything without any sort of system made. Your best bet would be to either have range be an estimate and not an actual value found by the distance of two entities (again, how would this be found, how will it be consistent in calculations, how will it be calculated, etc) or simply have range be simply a value that does nothing

GhostX5 wrote:2. Most of all, they'll be unlimited.

Unlimited actions in a single turn is always a bad idea. Although you can do a lot in one turn, that's exactly the main issue. Players can simply chain actions endlessly if there's no limit, making that turn a waste of time to process and complete, as well as making that turn almost last infinitely. The game can't progress if one single turn is going on forever

A good limit would be 3-5 actions in my opinion. It forces strategy and keeps gameplay running smoothly at a slow, yet efficient pace

GhostX5 wrote:8. When it has gone over 3 mins, the drone will come back to your character once if it has tracked enemies, but you'll get to control the drone.

What is 3 minutes in relation to the number of turns? Does one minute equal one turn? Time has to be represented somehow in this game as well

Also, I'd like to make a comment on the "GM as a player" thing as well. The chance of bias occurring is a very good point and I don't think it would be fair if one player, even if it's the GM, had some sort of advantage (i.e the ability to potentially influence events, etc) over the rest. This would be a different story if the character was a NPC but this is an actual character (that has influence over how the course of the game will turn due to freedom of actions) with no systematic form of operation behind it, meaning there's a good chance of bias. NPCs depend on player input even though they can also introduce certain parts of the game/story. Bias to a NPC wouldn't have as much of a significant impact as bias to a character would have

By the way, since there's no limit on players, wouldn't it make a bit more sense to create more teams to eventually accommodate those that aren't on the already existing teams because they're full?
1. This part seemed very difficult to me. I know that I have a measure, but it's just numbers and stuff. That's why I don't know much..

2. I guess I'll limit that to 5. 5 turns? Sure.

3. The drone will actually be limited to 10 mins instead, but 1 movement equals 2 mins. 3, 4 mins. 5 is equivalent to ten. But for some reason, trolling players with this won't be allowed. Instead, if the player bumps this to an enemy, it'll immediately move away torwards the player.

4. I guess I'll not be participating in the game, and ShockerX will remain as the NPC leader. Can't spoil anything if something bad happens to him.

5. Sure. Extra teams coming right up!
GhostX5

Postby Naomi-010 » 5 February 2017, 14:07

Hmm, not sure why not everyone would be replying to this, but I really like your idea. Did I guess this right, the pixelated soldiers are the ones from monsta rules' TFX Metal Slug Sprite? If so, I'm gonna register my character, I'm requesting you for this one. Can you please add more skills & equipment, 'cuz some stuff might be missing..

Name: Sarah Reyes
Class Type: Engineer
Weapons: M16A3 w/ M203 GL (Tan), UMP 45 (Tan) & Beretta 92FS Elite II (CS:Source)
Equipment: Night Vision
Appearance: Redhead, normal skin tone, wears Arctic uniform, CIRAS Maritime Armor, Tactical Helmet with Night Vision & Gas Mask
Skill: Extra Agility

Naomi-010
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 10 February 2017, 15:16

Oh hey Naomi. I have added you to the list, the character is incomplete, but, I didn't get to create it in MSPaint yet, sorry. Don't worry, I'll do it tomorrow. ;)
GhostX5

Postby Nutkiplit809 » 11 February 2017, 04:31

Such a creative idea. I like it.

Name: Kurrode
Class type: Sniper/Recon
Weapons: MSSR rifle, Suppressed Mauser C96, and KM 2000
Equipment: A normal bag with ammo for said guns, some junk food, a map, and binoculars
Appearance: Yellow hair, wearing shades, a bandana, and wears fully armored ghillie suit
Skills: Stealth
Nutkiplit809
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby GhostX5 » 12 February 2017, 23:23

The Alpha Team is almost complete! Please participate in the game while it's still in the progress!
GhostX5

Postby monstarules » 17 February 2017, 15:39

You need my sprites for a character sheet, I presume? Here: http://i.imgur.com/ETcT42I.png

Just remember to give me credit!

Also if you need anything custom, let me know.
monstarules
Recruit

Next

Return to Suggestions Area