Your point is irrelevant

Suggest your forum game ideas here.

Your point is irrelevant

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 4 January 2016, 06:45

OK gentlemen fam, i have a new suggestion called your point is irrelevant. Simple as nintendo 64 controls, its where you FINALLY get to have that moment and shut someone down as if you're in an argument over gun control then get shut down because you're not good enough ):

whats the point of this game, said no one ever? Well, you say one thing,like something you did that you're proud of,or just something that comes up in your mind,then someone shuts you down by saying whatever they have to say followed by your point is irrelevant, ya feel me man? Be creative is the point here. maybe examples will help

ex 1. the relevant reply

A: i look like a school shooter ):
B: I dropped out of school therefore your point is irrelevant
i caught 90 pokemon before
C: i caught 91,therefore your point is irrelevant

WAITTTTT before you finish reading,have a good laugh and call it a day. you can also use irrelevant replies,so long as they're creative fam and sticks to the rules,because then we would suffer from the creativity of some 11 year olds like me ):

ex 2: the creative reply

A: I got first in my entire grade for GPA
B: I stole a shopping cart while looking at the security cameras therefore your point is irrelevant
All my credit cards got cancelled ):
C: i killed someone in over 300 ways and thats just with my bare hands therefore your point is IRRELEVANT

OK enough of me ranting. When the game starts,i have a nice sentence to start us off with.
---
Starting sentence: my forum pic is ripped straight outta google ):

Yung Bladee2K

Re: Your point is irrelevant

Postby shadowstorm122 » 4 January 2016, 21:58

This game sounds quite irrelevant
This could make players express their hate towards others
im not too sure on the idea.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby KARL SERG » 4 January 2016, 22:13

I don't want us to end up like this.

Disclaimer: Do NOT click any of the Topics that have Anime Names. I warned you!
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 5 January 2016, 02:19

shadowstorm122 wrote:This game sounds quite irrelevant
This could make players express their hate towards others
im not too sure on the idea.

Debatable because nearly every topic is a time bomb,fam, tho I personally dont see why this game is irrelevant in particular. not the brightest idea,sure, but worth exploring, no?

I see potential for expression of hate,and i noted your point but in the end,this aims for fun and not animosity, plus expressing your hate can be done in any topic. forum mods exist for a reason too,yo

KARL SERG wrote:I don't want us to end up like this.

Disclaimer: Do NOT click any of the Topics that have Anime Names. I warned you!

from my point of view,you seem to have noticed too late this place is borderline in certain respects. This isnt kongregate,man. People here may be ignorant but they're not THAT ignorant,also read what I've wrote above

Its a game that I literally spent four seconds creating,not the master plan of russia for world war 3,if needed, revisions can clearly be made to make this forum friendly

by the way, I clicked on topics with anime names cause you told me to

Yung Bladee2K

Postby assasinguy » 16 January 2016, 00:25

The "irrelevant replies" part of your post makes no sense to me as part of the game, you can just say anything, it defeats the point of the game which is to "shut down" someone by proving their point is irrelevant, which you must do with a point which is relevant.

Overall it's a -1 from me. I can already see this escalating into full-on flame wars between players or an excuse for people who already hate each other to go wild and say "It's part of the game, not against the rules".
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 16 January 2016, 01:12

assasinguy wrote:The "irrelevant replies" part of your post makes no sense to me as part of the game, you can just say anything, it defeats the point of the game which is to "shut down" someone by proving their point is irrelevant, which you must do with a point which is relevant.

Overall it's a -1 from me. I can already see this escalating into full-on flame wars between players or an excuse for people who already hate each other to go wild and say "It's part of the game, not against the rules".

You can refute a point with irrelevancy or relevancy so long as its creative,the point isnt to make sense or to become the greatest arguer in the world. Its NOT an obligation to be either, hence why you have a choice: either a relevant reply or an irrelevant reply. This game was literally based off the idiotic memes people make of the same concept,where the main argument is defeated by the most random things such as this and even this

As for flame wars,every topic has a risk of this happening. People can take things too far,not just in this game alone. People can go way beyond the limit in games like Corrupt a Wish, true or false, do you like it when, and the make a sentence one. If people make a rule-breaking post,what does a common person do? They report it,it gets removed, we all get happy. Is it so hard to do this here as well because people can see this "escalating" into flame wars here exactly yet not anywhere else? I can start flame wars just about anywhere in nearly any topic of choosing,so why is this treated as if reporting isn't going to be an option or as if this is MEANT to antagonize others? This game,once again, is about creativity, if anyone really has the nerve to use this game to spread antagonism towards others,then remove them. Handle them and get rid of them. Creativity is the aim, spreading hate is not the game

With the case of people citing that "its part of the game, its in the rules haha pleb", they should probably learn how to read before playing this because i had specifically stated this in my main post, they can't cite that its part of the rules when the rule refutes their own stupid logic:
Yung Bladee2K wrote:you can also use irrelevant replies,so long as they're creative fam and sticks to the rules

I would like to ask people to demonstrate a little more understanding by reading my replies entirely before pointing fingers and slapping labels immediately

Yung Bladee2K

Postby Green eyed Demon » 16 January 2016, 01:15

I personally wouldn't mind playing it

Green eyed Demon

Postby assasinguy » 16 January 2016, 01:28

Yes, any topic has potential for a flame war, but this pretty much sets one up anyway. The context and objective of this game means it's harder to hold people to account if they do take it too far or are just flaming. They can say "I was just playing the game".

The irrelevant reply part is still bugging me, yes, I see what you mean, but it still bugs me to have something which seems to defeat the objective of the game and make things completely aimless. My opinion of this will most probably remain negative.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Suggestions Area