{Roll 25} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Play Forum Games here.

Re: {Roll 11} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Garuda 1 » 10 January 2017, 17:34

Types my name into the system slowly, keeping an eye on Spectre while doing so.
User avatar
Garuda 1
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 8 April 2014, 16:46
Location: The skies of Emmeria

Re: {Roll 11} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby chrose » 10 January 2017, 18:13

Seemingly disturbed, Rogue pondered over the man's choice of words.

"I can't recall." Rogue replied. "The last thing I can remember is waking up face-down on the cold metal floor and the wailing of failing machinery."

Rogue glanced over to her bow by the side. "I suppose you can call me Rogue, since that's that name etched onto the bow I found next to me."

"Now then," Rogue exclaimed.

"I expect that I'd be adequately rewarded for this incident?" Rogue queried with a smirk. "Saving the lives of hundreds was no small feat, especially since I had to pick up the slack for that sad excuse you call security."
User avatar
chrose
Registered user
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 1 December 2016, 19:03

Re: {Roll 11} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby thetoppestkek » 10 January 2017, 18:42

"I am not exactly comfortable with the thought of potential harm done to living entities for the sake of testing. I guess I'll just hit one of the walls.

Swiftly move your glance into one of the walls, channel power, then attempt to discharge as much power towards the direction of the wall. Be especially careful on not to harm anyone.
User avatar
thetoppestkek
Registered user
 
Posts: 45
Joined: 5 August 2016, 11:45
Location: Somewhere procrastinating

Re: {Roll 11} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby neoexdeath » 10 January 2017, 19:58

Wendala was mildly shocked by how fast the girl managed to devour her entire ice-cream. It definitely wasn't healthy, but in spite of that, Vermillion seemed completely fine. And now she offered to buy her some ice cream too. She was about to say no, but stopped herself. Why not? If it was for free, then she'd take it, even if it made her look ridiculous with the unconscious girl.

"Well, seeing you eating that entire monstrosity by yourself has awakened my appetite, so I think I'll have one too." the woman replied with a slight smile. "Can you get me a 2 scoop ice cream with raspberry and vanilla?" she asked, sliding the unconscious girl over her left shoulder so she had a free hand to hold the ice cream.
User avatar
neoexdeath
Registered user
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 2 August 2013, 10:54
Location: Take your guess.

{Roll 12} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Astar » 11 January 2017, 04:21

Roll 12

Notes :

- I like ice cream.

- @thetoppestkek and @Garuda 1, your rolls have been combined. This makes it a third-person perspective for both players.

- Roll 12! (*ゝω・)ノ ugh im dying


-----

Wendala Diroslav (neoexdeath)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

You decide to get some free ice cream for yourself, because why not?

"Well, seeing you eating that entire monstrosity by yourself has awakened my appetite, so I think I'll have one too.

Can you get me a 2 scoop ice cream with raspberry and vanilla?"


"Coming riiight up!"

She dashes away to the truck, and returns with a wonderful 2-scoop ice cream atop a neat cone.

"Let's go!"

You start eating the ice cream, enjoying the great flavor and almost tangible sweetness, while walking to some destination.

After some walking and a lot of turns down different streets...

You find yourself seemingly slightly outside of the city boundaries. Behind you is the sleek city skyline, with plenty of windmills spinning in the gentle headwind coming from the direction of the harbour/port area, which you seem to be at right now. There's cargo containers around, some hangar-like buildings which seem to be storage, and tall cranes. However, a lot of it seems to be rusted, and perhaps abandoned, as the fence you just walked through had a huge hole twice your height, after following Vermillion.

"This should be the place. Although I was the one contracted to do this job... there's been something I wanted to test recently."

She kneels onto the ground, one hand facing the ground. Within a few seconds, a string of fires start to whirl around her hand, forming a pole of fire... which you then realize has the tip of a polearm - something like a poleaxe, with a spear's tip. She's essentially formed a very firey polearm, which she seems to be holding with no problems at all.

"I recently managed to create this polearm. It's firey hot to the touch, but as the creator I have no problems handling the weapon. I have a pair of gloves I crafted myself that you can wear to hold these.

Yes, I want you to use this thingie and the gloves and finish up the assignment for me.

There are a few decommissioned security bots in the area which I was told to destroy before the company would come to clean out this place. Apparently they're still functioning, but their combat protocols are pretty much fried, so they've gone haywire in the head.

I really want to test that polearm and see how another person can use it well, so I'll carry my friend, and you slash all the bots. How does that sound? Of course, I can reward you - that's no problem at all."


She offers you the gloves, and the polearm... which appears searing hot.

-----

Name : Wendala Diroslav
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Umbrakinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (0/10)
-
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Shortsword (+3 speed, +2 dodge)
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Umbrakinesis (Control over dark magic)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Talisman (Garuda 1)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Types my name into the system slowly, keeping an eye on Spectre while doing so.

Spectre (thetoppestkek)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Swiftly move your glance into one of the walls, channel power, then attempt to discharge as much power towards the direction of the wall. Be especially careful on not to harm anyone.

"Ta...lis...man... His name is Talisman, everybody!"

Ava exclaims, for seemingly no reason whatsoever. She keenly stares at the screen of her little device thing.

"Talisman - geomancer. Essentially earth magic. There's a small patch of earth and grass over there where the concrete doesn't cover the ground - try exercising your magic on that.

Spectre, you're up!"


"I am not exactly comfortable with the thought of potential harm done to living entities for the sake of testing. I guess I'll just hit one of the walls."

Spectre starts to channel his inner magic, opening his mana channels and letting prana from the surroundings flood into his body. With that, he uses his magic on the wall. Full power!

From your hand emerges a bolt of dark energies - a small ball of pure darkness, seemingly shadows - and it flies towards the wall at a moderate speed, surely not fast enough to impress anyone. It hits the wall, seemingly dissipating upon contact with the solid object, but leaves residual dark energies for a few seconds - like an unnatural shadow left in a circular shape on the wall, before it fades away.

"A bolt of dark energies... weak, slow, but you are able to aim the spell in a particular direction with relatively good accuracy. The residual energy, though... perhaps it has some utility outside of the initial impact? The impact itself was practically non-existent... Hmm. For now, that's a solid Level 1 ranking.

Talisman, your turn to shine."


-----

Name : Talisman
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Geokinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (2/10)
1. Small box of cookies
2. 2x Painkiller capsules
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Longsword (+2 attack, +2 parry)
==- Off-hand : Wooden Shield (+2 parry, -1 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Geokinesis (Control over earth magic)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

Name : Spectre
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Umbrakinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (0/10)
-
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Longbow (+2 attack, +2 accuracy, -2 dodge)
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Umbrakinesis (Control over dark magic)
- Dark bolt (Fire a weak ball of darkness. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana.)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Nite Mare (Protonoid)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

- Carried over from Roll 11 -
Spoiler: Show More
She looks at you quietly, awaiting a response to her question, which she unfortunately doesn't get. She finishes the rest of her pastries quietly, then stands up, satisfied.

"Let's go."

"Branch 179 is actually pretty near here."

The two of you proceed to the office without incident. You reach a small building that's only two floors high, and follow her up to the 2nd floor, where the office is located. She opens it up with a key, and you're greeted by a medium-sized room. It looks like a small living space, except without a bed.

There's a small coffee desk with a sofa and some chairs around it, a dining table with chairs, a tall bookshelf stuffed with books, a working desk with two computer monitors and keyboard - which is surrounded by a few piles of books, and also a mini-fridge and a basin. There are a couple windows, the sources of natural sunlight, though a single ceiling light illuminates the room for the most part. There's no one else in the room besides you two.

"Huh, weird. There's no one else here today. Maybe they're busy...?"

Pearl sits down at the computer, turning it on and reading over some data sheets.

"You're called Nite Mare... your power's apparently Truthseeking. That's rare - like, really rare. That could be useful for our Judgement work though.

Hmm... what can it do, though? Hey, come over here for a second. Could you try... "reading my mind" for a second? Or whatever magic you do. I want to test the extent of your capabilities, so we can work outfield with your ability in mind."


She points towards her head, keenly smiling as if she's looking forward to having her... mind... read.


-----

Name : Nite Mare
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Truthseeker
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (0/10)
-
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Shortsword (+3 speed, +2 dodge)
==- Off-hand : Wooden Shield (+2 parry, -1 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Truthseeking
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Rogue (chrose)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Equip the Shortbow.
Fire off 2 arrows at the hijacker.


"I can't recall. The last thing I can remember is waking up face-down on the cold metal floor and the wailing of failing machinery."

You glance over your shoulder, at the bow, noticing the name etched into it's side.

"I suppose you can call me Rogue, since that's that name etched onto the bow I found next to me.

Now then...

I expect that I'd be adequately rewarded for this incident? Saving the lives of hundreds was no small feat, especially since I had to pick up the slack for that sad excuse you call security."


The man on the other side of the table returns a smile, and stands up.

"Absolutely. I see great potential in you and I don't see why that potential shouldn't be harnessed. If you're willing to join Judgement, I'll give you a leading rank to start, a good amount of money and some basic equipment to get started. In return, we'll offer you training to improve your magic ability.

Judgement is a large group comprising of "ordinary" civilians like you, who are essentially part of the city's security force, called Antiskill. Judgement is essentially our quick response force - while you people will not have to deal with boring paperwork and logistics, every Judgement member is a combat-capable magician and is expected to work outside the office to deal with whatever incidents may crop up. They're rewarded with a pay-per-assignment kind of deal.

This is only if you're interested, that is. By the way, what type of magic do you use, Rogue?"


-----

Name : Rogue
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Teleporter
AP : 8/8
Mana : 1/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (5/10)
1. Retractable baton (+3 speed, +1 accuracy, +1 dodge)
2. Security badge
3. Compact switchblade (+4 speed, +2 dodge, -1 AP)
4. Serrated dagger (+1 speed, +1 attack, +2 dodge)
5. Small blue crystal (???)
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Shortbow (+2 speed, +2 dodge)
==- Back : Leather quiver (19/20)
===-- 19x Wooden arrows
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Teleportation
- Short-range Teleport (Teleport up to 3 meters in any direction. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana, 2 turn CD.) [Ready]
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Acre (Nutkiplit809)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Ignore the ship and travel to a forest

- Carried over from Roll 10 -
Spoiler: Show More
You ignore the ship, in the intent of travelling to a forest.

You look around on the deck, looking for a forest, but you're only greeted by a seemingly endless expanse of the night oceans.

The big man in the uniform looks at you curiously.

-----

Name : Acre
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Telekinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (1/10)
1. 1x Fish-slice hotdog
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Longbow (+2 attack, +2 accuracy, -2 dodge)
==- Torso : Leather brigandine (+2 parry, -2 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Telekinesis
Passive abilities :
- Sniper (+1 ranged attack, additional +1 ranged attack against ranged enemies)
Conditions :
-

-----

Sincerely,
- GM "Nana"
User avatar
Astar
Registered user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 December 2016, 07:00

Re: {Roll 12} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Garuda 1 » 11 January 2017, 04:32

Move over to the patch of earth with my mouth twitching downwards. Take a deep breath and attempt to raise as much earth out of the ground as possible.
User avatar
Garuda 1
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 8 April 2014, 16:46
Location: The skies of Emmeria

Re: {Roll 12} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Nutkiplit809 » 11 January 2017, 09:30

Tries to be friends with the big man. "Hi. My name is Acre. What's yours?"
User avatar
Nutkiplit809
Registered user
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 23 April 2016, 11:44

Re: {Roll 12} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby thetoppestkek » 11 January 2017, 12:51

Questions to GM:
Spoiler: Show More
1: Can certain magic elements clash/interfere with other elements? For example, Umbrakinesis clashing with Photokinesis?
2: Is it possible to make the exact same character with the exact same abilities, perks, etc. after the original one dies?
3: What type of ranged weapons are in the game? Are there firearms? Are there crossbows? Are there any other ranged weapons?
4: (linked with #1) If elements clash, will you be able to have two clashing elements at your disposal? For example, being able to use both Aquakinesis and Pyrokinesis?


I'm quite disappointed with my ability. I guess it could have other uses that aren't offensive, though, such as temporary blindness?

Pay close attention to both the earth and grass as well as Talisman.
Last edited by thetoppestkek on 11 January 2017, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thetoppestkek
Registered user
 
Posts: 45
Joined: 5 August 2016, 11:45
Location: Somewhere procrastinating

Re: {Roll 12} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby chrose » 11 January 2017, 13:10

(More questions for the GM)
Spoiler: Show More
1. Do you require affinity towards a magic type in order to learn it? For example,you mentioned that Nite Mare's truthseekimg ability is quite rare, so does that mean few can learn it?
2. Is there a limit to the number of magic types that you can learn?
3. What do normal citizens usually wear?
4. Are leather and plate armor still the norm for combat equipment, or should I expect Judgement members to be packing kevlar vests and the like?

"Teleportation, apparently." Rogue responded."That's how I managed to get into the cockpit, though it feels weak."

After giving it some thought, Rogue reluctantly accepted the offer. "Well, I can hardly turn you down, since I barely have anything on me."
User avatar
chrose
Registered user
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 1 December 2016, 19:03

Re: {Roll 12} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Protonoid » 11 January 2017, 13:11

Mare escapes the situation by explaining;
"My mental abilities could be useful but probably, at this level, they might hurt you"
User avatar
Protonoid
PB2 Official Death
 
Posts: 394
Joined: 6 October 2015, 08:51
Location: Dead Zone~!

Re: {Roll 12} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby neoexdeath » 11 January 2017, 19:37

Wendala is taken aback by Vermilion's sudden offer, lowering her head to think about it. Do the job for her, eh? Normally she'd say no, but the potential reward was quite tempting, not to mention that she got to wield a polearm made of fire. And anyway, all she had to do was kill a bunch of bots. After pondering for a few more moments, she finally raises her head back up.

"Well, since I've followed you all the way here..." the woman replied, giving her the girl and equipping the gloves before taking the polearm in her hands. "Might as well get through with this too." she added before starting to search around the area for the bots.
User avatar
neoexdeath
Registered user
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 2 August 2013, 10:54
Location: Take your guess.

{Roll 13} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Astar » 12 January 2017, 05:17

Roll 13

Notes :

- You two are bombarding me with questions :

Image
y u do dis xd

- @chrose,
Spoiler: Show More
1. Do you require affinity towards a magic type in order to learn it? For example,you mentioned that Nite Mare's truthseekimg ability is quite rare, so does that mean few can learn it?

There isn't much affinity in this case. Anyone can learn anything. Truthseeking is considered rare not because "few can learn it" but rather few bother to learn it, as it isn't considered very useful by many.

2. Is there a limit to the number of magic types that you can learn?

Nope. A "natural limit" will arise where you will find that learning new magic types becomes inefficient, and that you're better off focusing on the ones you already have and are already proficient at.

3. What do normal citizens usually wear?

Normal clothes! Shirts, pants, blouses, skirts, all the normal stuff. Students wear uniforms, too.

4. Are leather and plate armor still the norm for combat equipment, or should I expect Judgement members to be packing kevlar vests and the like?

Leather and plate armor are "the norm", yes. Kevlar vests stop bullets, not arrows nor swords. Judgement members will usually equip a variety of items for self-defense, be it weapons or shields or armor, when out on the streets patrolling or doing field assignments.

- @thetoppestkek
Spoiler: Show More
1: Can certain magic elements clash/interfere with other elements? For example, Umbrakinesis clashing with Photokinesis?

Yes. Opposing elements tend to do this the most, but many magic types can interfere with many others, including mental magic.

2: Is it possible to make the exact same character with the exact same abilities, perks, etc. after the original one dies?

Simple answer : No.

3: What type of ranged weapons are in the game? Are there firearms? Are there crossbows? Are there any other ranged weapons?

(Why did you have to ask this question ugh) There are crossbows and bows. Academy City doesn't have firearms technologies. There are throwing weapons, which can be considered "ranged", I guess.

4: (linked with #1) If elements clash, will you be able to have two clashing elements at your disposal? For example, being able to use both Aquakinesis and Pyrokinesis?

Yes. You probably can't use both at the same time (since it'll be a big waste of mana) but you can definitely use them interchangeably at will!

- Sorry this roll didn't come out yesterday (that would be around 12 hours ago). I was typing this halfway and ended up falling asleep on my computer. There were so many questions to answer, after all...

- For some reason this Roll took me an eternity to make.

- Roll 13! (*ゝω・)ノ im so sleepy...


-----

Wendala Diroslav (neoexdeath)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

"Well, since I've followed you all the way here... Might as well get through with this too."

"Wonderful. I'll help you out with their locations if I can detect them..."

You take and equip the gloves before taking the polearm. It's not too heavy, and it's slightly longer than your height. With two hands, it feels perfectly wieldy.

You slowly start walking forward, polearm at the ready, searching for the bots. You hear mechanical sounds from both your right and left.

"As expected - the moment those bots detect intrusion they immediately start up. I can detect their heat signatures... One's in that direction, 30 meters, and another is 60 meters, inside a hangar. There's two more in the opposite direction, but they're about 200 meters away each."

She starts pointing in directions with her eyes closed. You see the one nearest to you - it's tall, really tall, about twice your height. It seems unarmed, and it's means of combat would appear to be those metal fists. It starts stepping to you slowly like a metal giant, and with each step the earthly ground quakes a little.

-----

Name : Wendala Diroslav
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Umbrakinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (1/10)
1. Shortsword (+3 speed, +2 dodge)
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Fira Halberd (+6 attack, +1 accuracy, +1 parry, -2 speed, -2 dodge, scorching)
==- Gloves : Fira Gloves (+1 speed, +1 accuracy, heatproof)
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Umbrakinesis (Control over dark magic)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

Combat map :
Spoiler: Show More
http://image.prntscr.com/image/752f23ff076243268ec9857fbe0b5589.png
Purple - Wendala Diroslav
Dark red - Vermillion
Orange - Security bots

Dark grey - Hangars (mostly closed)
Dotted line - Fences

-----

Talisman (Garuda 1)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Move over to the patch of earth with my mouth twitching downwards. Take a deep breath and attempt to raise as much earth out of the ground as possible.

Spectre (thetoppestkek)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Pay close attention to both the earth and grass as well as Talisman.

Talisman concentrates for a moment, and then suddenly the patch of earth starts shifting a little bit, and then a small clump rises up, hovering in front of him.

"Woah. That's like, telekinesis on earth! Let's see... that's around half a kilogram of earth... Also a Level 1 rank. Doesn't seem like such a small clump of soil can do much. Can you fling it at the wall over there?"

The ball of earth, still hovering, starts shifting around a little bit and then is propelled at a moderate speed to the wall. It impacts loudly, but similar to the dark ball spell it doesn't leave a lasting impact on the wall - not a scratch on the concrete, and all it did was leave a small mess.

"I'll clean that up."

Eve fires a small stream of water from the palm of her hand at the wall, cleaning off the earth in seconds.

"Well, you see... the problem is that we suspect that one of the biggest consequence of the experiments is that it significantly weakens the magical abilities of the subjects.

Talisman, you used to be a Level 3 defensive geomancer. Capable of manipulating both soft earth and hard rock, and according to records specialized in defensive spells such as the formation of walls. You were also able to briefly animate some form of earth or rock golem for as long as you had the mana to sustain it's life, but at that time you could only animate one at any given time.

Spectre, you used to be a Level 4 umbramancer. There are few records of you in here, but during your magic evaluation tests you were capable of firing bolts incredibly quickly and accurately, each of which could afflict a curse upon impact with any human, with varying effects. Blinding, paralyzing, or disrupting their mana flow temporarily.

Tch... how could they!"


"...but, Ava...?"

Eve conjures up a small ball of water in her right hand. Aiming it at the wall, she starts firing a massive stream of water with immense strength and power.

"I seem to haven't been weakened one bit."

"...Eve...? But... how? Just a second - analyzing...

That's the exact same power as before... Eve - aquakinesis specialization, level 4, the strongest water streamer in the city. Capable of firing a stream of water 8 times the strength of normal fire hoses at up to 75m distance with near pinpoint accuracy and for up to 10 seconds continuously... It's the exact same spell!"


"I have no idea what's going on. If one thing's for certain, though, we have to find this out ourselves. Antiskill likely won't permit investigation, so... we, Judgement, are probably on our own if we want to know more.

I'm sure there's a reason why they classified so much information despite the scale of what has happened. 6 dedicated hospitals already fulled packed to capacity - surely it'll get worse."


"Perhaps Eve... But I don't know. What if we get caught? Will we be able to get out of trouble?

What do you two think, Talisman? Spectre? After all... that experiment did make you two victims, one way or another."


-----

Name : Talisman
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Geokinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (2/10)
1. Small box of cookies
2. 2x Painkiller capsules
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Longsword (+2 attack, +2 parry)
==- Off-hand : Wooden Shield (+2 parry, -1 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Geokinesis (Control over earth magic)
- Earth manipulation (Shift up to 0.5kg of earth momentarily. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana.)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

Name : Spectre
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Umbrakinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 1/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (0/10)
-
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Longbow (+2 attack, +2 accuracy, -2 dodge)
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Umbrakinesis (Control over dark magic)
- Dark bolt (Fire a weak ball of darkness. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana.)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Nite Mare (Protonoid)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

"My mental abilities could be useful but probably, at this level, they might hurt you."

She turns back to the computer, quickly typing stuff on the keyboard, reading through some data which pops up.

"Seems you might be right, actually. Low-level truthseeking seems to have side effects on both the target and the user, though the lower the level, the more severe it is for the user, while the target is usually only slightly affected. The main side effect is an incessant ringing in the ears, creating an effect similar to temporary deafness, as well as very internalized white noise, disorientating the user, almost "muting" your senses - your vision blurs slightly, you go slightly numb, etc.

Well, according to the records you're a Level one Truthseeker... If we can find a way to improve that without you needing to go through the potentially bad side effects..."


The phone on the desk beside the computer starts ringing, which Pearl promptly answers.

A couple minutes later...

"Oh well... seems we've got another assignment already. I'll register you as my colleague before we leave.

Oh, I should hand you these."


She walks over to a tall metal cupboard, opening it up. Inside are a few weapons, which have a sleek, security appearance to them. She takes out a large plastic riot shield as well as a retractable baton.

"This shield may be plastic, but it's fireproof and can withstand high impacts, so it'll stop arrows too. Also, this baton can be useful to stop suspects with non-lethal methods.

I have a bunch of handcuffs - I'll pass you a couple later on if needed. I'll explain the situation on the way, we can leave once you're ready with all your equipment."


She hands your wonderfully awesome new equipment to you.

-----

Name : Nite Mare
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Truthseeker
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (2/10)
1. Retractable baton (+3 speed, +1 accuracy, +1 dodge)
2. Plastic riot shield (+3 parry, +1 parry against ranged attacks, -2 speed)
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Shortsword (+3 speed, +2 dodge)
==- Off-hand : Wooden Shield (+2 parry, -1 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Truthseeking
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Rogue (chrose)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

"Teleportation, apparently. That's how I managed to get into the cockpit, though it feels weak."

"I see. That's very useful in our line of work, and high-level ones are rare these days."

"Well, I can hardly turn you down, since I barely have anything on me."

"Wonderful. You can start anytime - we've allocated a new office for you, Branch 180. It's not very near this airport, but that'll be your little base of operations. You're the only one attached to that branch at the moment, so you'll be guided by someone back at headquarters by someone on the phone.

Here's the key, and this is the address. We've left your equipment and starting pay on the desk - you should get a call a few minutes after entering the office.

All the best. In regards to your magic advancement, we have programs lined up for you, so we'll contact you in between your assignments."


-----

Name : Rogue
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Teleporter
AP : 8/8
Mana : 1/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (6/10)
1. Retractable baton (+3 speed, +1 accuracy, +1 dodge)
2. Security badge
3. Compact switchblade (+4 speed, +2 dodge, -1 AP)
4. Serrated dagger (+1 speed, +1 attack, +2 dodge)
5. Small blue crystal (???)
6. Branch 180 office key
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Shortbow (+2 speed, +2 dodge)
==- Back : Leather quiver (19/20)
===-- 19x Wooden arrows
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Teleportation
- Short-range Teleport (Teleport up to 3 meters in any direction. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana, 2 turn CD.) [Ready]
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Acre (Nutkiplit809)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

You decide to try to be friends with the man.

"Hi. My name is Acre. What's yours?"

"Oh, hi Acre. The name's--"

The boat suddenly rocks roughly, as if impacted by something really heavy, or as if it ran into a rock. You hear the sound of metal bending... a mix between a wail and a groan.

"What's going on?!"
"Harpoon, starboard side! They found us - he can't maintain the illusory magic if he helps us in the defense!"
"Drop the illusion and get us out of here, dammit!"

All of a sudden, your surroundings turn from night to day - and apparently the empty, open ocean isn't as empty as it was before. To the right of the ship is a port, which the ship is sailing away from. You also see a harpoon embedded partially in the hull on the right side of the ship, with a thick metal wire leading from it to another ship, which seems to be a security patrol boat. Some of the men on the ship are attempting to hack away at the wire using bladed weapons, but to no avail.

-----

Name : Acre
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Telekinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (1/10)
1. 1x Fish-slice hotdog
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Longbow (+2 attack, +2 accuracy, -2 dodge)
==- Torso : Leather brigandine (+2 parry, -2 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Telekinesis
Passive abilities :
- Sniper (+1 ranged attack, additional +1 ranged attack against ranged enemies)
Conditions :
-

-----

Sincerely,
- GM "Nana"
User avatar
Astar
Registered user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 December 2016, 07:00

Re: {Roll 13} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Garuda 1 » 12 January 2017, 06:14

Give a shrug before taking a small step back from the group.
After a moment, give a small nod, consenting to involvement in the investigation.
User avatar
Garuda 1
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 8 April 2014, 16:46
Location: The skies of Emmeria

Re: {Roll 13} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Protonoid » 12 January 2017, 08:16

Swaps the shortsword with the baton.
"You were telling about some assignment I guess, we should move now or we'll be late"
User avatar
Protonoid
PB2 Official Death
 
Posts: 394
Joined: 6 October 2015, 08:51
Location: Dead Zone~!

Re: {Roll 13} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby chrose » 12 January 2017, 10:51

Walk to the office.

"You sure seem awfully prepared. It's almost as if you were expecting me." Rogue remarked.

Shrugging, Rogue turns to leave. "I'll walk there then. It'll be a good opportunity to familiarise myself with the city."
User avatar
chrose
Registered user
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 1 December 2016, 19:03

Re: {Roll 13} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby thetoppestkek » 12 January 2017, 14:52

To GM/OoC- We will bombard you with more questions afterwards, me and chrose will make sure to make over 10 questions in roll 14. Yay question bombardment merely to infuriate GM!
On a serious note though, why isn't a quiver along with 20 arrows or something included in my items list?

"I don't think our "operation" will be effective if both me and Talisman aren't well-trained in magic. It would be a wise choice to initiate the "operation" after me and Talisman have some practise in.

Take a quick glance on Talisman while talking.
User avatar
thetoppestkek
Registered user
 
Posts: 45
Joined: 5 August 2016, 11:45
Location: Somewhere procrastinating

{Roll 14} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Astar » 12 January 2017, 17:01

Roll 14

Notes :

- @thetoppestkek, because I don't like you for bombarding me I must've missed that. Thank you for reminding me - I've fixed it, you get your well-deserved quiver.

- Once again, with the same issue from a few rolls back, a few formatting problems have caused me a slight headache, needing me to repeatedly proofread and edit this more than I would normally need to. How frustrating.

- Roll 14! (*ゝω・)ノ oyasumi-desu


-----

Wendala Diroslav (neoexdeath)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

- Carried over from Roll 13 -
Spoiler: Show More
"Well, since I've followed you all the way here... Might as well get through with this too."

"Wonderful. I'll help you out with their locations if I can detect them..."

You take and equip the gloves before taking the polearm. It's not too heavy, and it's slightly longer than your height. With two hands, it feels perfectly wieldy.

You slowly start walking forward, polearm at the ready, searching for the bots. You hear mechanical sounds from both your right and left.

"As expected - the moment those bots detect intrusion they immediately start up. I can detect their heat signatures... One's in that direction, 30 meters, and another is 60 meters, inside a hangar. There's two more in the opposite direction, but they're about 200 meters away each."

She starts pointing in directions with her eyes closed. You see the one nearest to you - it's tall, really tall, about twice your height. It seems unarmed, and it's means of combat would appear to be those metal fists. It starts stepping to you slowly like a metal giant, and with each step the earthly ground quakes a little.


-----

Name : Wendala Diroslav
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Umbrakinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (1/10)
1. Shortsword (+3 speed, +2 dodge)
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Fira Halberd (+6 attack, +1 accuracy, +1 parry, -2 speed, -2 dodge, scorching)
==- Gloves : Fira Gloves (+1 speed, +1 accuracy, heatproof)
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Umbrakinesis (Control over dark magic)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

Combat map :
Spoiler: Show More
http://image.prntscr.com/image/752f23ff076243268ec9857fbe0b5589.png
Purple - Wendala Diroslav
Dark red - Vermillion
Orange - Security bots

Dark grey - Hangars (mostly closed)
Dotted line - Fences

-----

Talisman (Garuda 1)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Give a shrug before taking a small step back from the group.
After a moment, give a small nod, consenting to involvement in the investigation.


Spectre (thetoppestkek)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Take a quick glance on Talisman while talking.

Talisman takes a tiny step back, while Spectre glances at Talisman while saying his piece.

"I don't think our "operation" will be effective if both me and Talisman aren't well-trained in magic. It would be a wise choice to initiate the "operation" after me and Talisman have some practise in."

"Right. So we could sharpen your skills... It might also be possible to link up with other like-minded Judgement members so we can get more manpower on the whole. Might make whatever we want to do a whole lot easier. I can do the linking up job while you two find some time to sharpen your magical abilities... Eve, could you guide them?"

"Sure, I don't see why not if they're essentially allies to us. I could think of something.

Let's see... a bit of target practise would be good. You can start swinging your sword, and you can start shooting your bow. Actually, Ava, do we have equipment to spare?"


"Oh, yeah! I'll be back with something from the armory in a jiffy."

Ava blinks out of existence as she turns into a blur.

"I was thinking we could use some of the old autonomous patrol drones as cannon fodder for your practise - you can blast away at them with magic or your weapons. Should do for good practise. It isn't too far from here - It's in the direction of that cluster of windmills, so probably just a 5 minute walk."

Ava blinks back in beside Eve, holding a bunch of security-equipment.

"We still had some reserves of these... Let's see, a lightweight one-handed longsword for you, and a composite longbow for you with a handful of these composite arrows they could spare."

Ava hands each of you your new toys, and her face is all smiles.

"When we're all ready, then, we can head over there."

-----

Name : Talisman
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Geokinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 1/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (3/10)
1. Small box of cookies
2. 2x Painkiller capsules
3. Light longsword (+2 attack, +1 accuracy, +1 speed, +1 parry)
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Longsword (+2 attack, +2 parry)
==- Off-hand : Wooden Shield (+2 parry, -1 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Geokinesis (Control over earth magic)
- Earth manipulation (Shift up to 0.5kg of earth momentarily. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana.)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

Name : Spectre
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Umbrakinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 1/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (2/10)
1. Composite longbow (+2 attack, +1 speed, +1 accuracy, -1 dodge)
2. 10x Composite arrows (+1 speed, +1 accuracy)
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Longbow (+2 attack, +2 accuracy, -2 dodge)
==- Back : Leather quiver (20/20)
===-- 20x Wooden arrows
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Magic Control Level - Basic Elemental
- Weak Umbrakinesis (Control over dark magic)
- Dark bolt (Fire a weak ball of darkness. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana.)
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Nite Mare (Protonoid)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

You equip your new baton in place of your shortsword.

"You were telling about some assignment I guess, we should move now or we'll be late."

"I suppose you're right. I'll brief you on the way."

Pearl grabs you by your arm, blinking both of you out of the office and teleporting multiple times to cover an unknown distance. After you've traveled for a bit, she lets go and continues on foot, advancing through what seems to be decrepit streets and alleys. You follow closely behind.

"This is what the prideful Academy City doesn't show... These neglected districts, completely ignored by Antiskill, where all the delinquents hang out. We're not here to cause trouble, though - I got a more... specific assignment.

I heard a magician was traveling through this area when he got attacked. He made it away unscathed, but here's the catch - he wasn't attacked physically. We don't have much intel, but it seems to be some kind of audio attack - the sound came from not too far away, and he immediately felt disorientated. He then noticed a gang of people approaching him, and fortunately managed to escape without getting hurt.

We've gotta find out what that is... what created that audio attack, who did it, and just get all of this nonsense sorted out. I mean, an audio attack? You've gotta be kidding me! What's that going to d--"


All of a sudden, an ear-piercing high-pitched sound floods your ears, and Pearl immediately cowers onto the ground, covering her ears. She seems to be in a lot of pain, as she's shaking and unable to stand up.

"It... hurts! What's this...?!"

She desperately continues to attempt and cover her ears, but seems to find no way to alleviate the torturous pain. However, the sound doesn't seem to affect you at all. You don't feel disorientated, or any sort of pain - instead, it sounds like any normal high-pitched sound to you. You look around for the origin of the sound - it seems to be echoing around a corner, likely behind a building, tucked away from view.

Ahead, a group of 5 men walk down the alleyway, approaching the two of you with smug smiles and evil grins.

"I... can't let you fight... them... Let's get out!"

She grabs you by the hand, but then appears shocked a moment after.

"I can't... I can't teleport?!

Tch... I can't do anything now..."


The 5 men are about 30 meters away, rearing for a fight and approaching at a leisurely pace.

-----

Name : Nite Mare
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Truthseeker
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (2/10)
1. Retractable baton (+3 speed, +1 accuracy, +1 dodge)
2. Plastic riot shield (+3 parry, +1 parry against ranged attacks, -2 speed)
Equipped :
==- One-handed weapon : Shortsword (+3 speed, +2 dodge)
==- Off-hand : Wooden Shield (+2 parry, -1 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Truthseeking
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Rogue (chrose)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
Walk to the office.

"You sure seem awfully prepared. It's almost as if you were expecting me."

He laughs humbly.

"Well, Rogue, when you reach a rank like mine you can get things done just like that."

"I'll walk there then. It'll be a good opportunity to familiarise myself with the city."

"Of course, of course. Stay safe, live strong."

You take your leave, and leave the airport, heading straight to the heart of the city.

From a distance, the city skyline is admirable - the skyscrapers aren't particularly tall, but they're tall enough to be acknowledged as skyscrapers and look absolutely elegant. The buildings look sleek and modern, the streets clean and well-built. To one side of the city are a few tall cranes - likely where the port is, as they look like harbor cranes. Windmills are also spread around the city - tall and white, more of which are concentrated nearer to the port than otherwise. They spin slowly and beautifully, adding some distant movement to a very static looking city.

Eventually you reach your place - a very boring looking brick building that contrasts greatly with all the concrete buildings around. On the other hand, it seems very clean and very newly built - the windows still look perfectly polished. It's 2-floors up - on the ground floor appears to be some store's place, though it's closed and there isn't any signages that tells you what the store is. You head up the stairs, up to the 2nd floor, where your office is, according to the address.

You push the key into the lock - it clicks in smoothly, and twists like a breeze. You open the door, and are greeted by a medium-sized room in absolutely pristine condition. As you open the door, you notice a sensor-like thing on the ceiling directly above the entrance, which started flashing a small red light for a couple seconds and made a single "beep" sound.

There's a small coffee desk with a sofa and some chairs around it, a dining table with chairs, a tall bookshelf stuffed with books, a working desk with two computer monitors and keyboard, and also a mini-fridge and a basin. On the working desk, beside the computer monitors, is a desk phone. There are a couple windows, the sources of natural sunlight, though a single ceiling light illuminates the room for the most part. On the coffee desk is a small note under a tiny flower vase, which reads :

"Here's da moolah, cupboard ate the rest."

Beside the note is a small brown sack, which seems to contain a bunch of coin-things inside. When the note mentioned a cupboard, you look around the room for one, and realize it was partially obstructed beside the bookshelf.

Inside the steel cupboard, you find a tall plastic riot shield, a pair of retractable batons identical to the one you already have, a longer non-retractable full-steel baton, and a seemingly endless supply of handcuffs. There's a set of unlock pins for the handcuffs as well.

-----

Name : Rogue
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Teleporter
AP : 8/8
Mana : 1/1 (+1 regen/turn)
Inventory : (6/10)
1. Retractable baton (+3 speed, +1 accuracy, +1 dodge)
2. Security badge
3. Compact switchblade (+4 speed, +2 dodge, -1 AP)
4. Serrated dagger (+1 speed, +1 attack, +2 dodge)
5. Small blue crystal (???)
6. Branch 180 office key
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Shortbow (+2 speed, +2 dodge)
==- Back : Leather quiver (19/20)
===-- 19x Wooden arrows
==- Feet : Cozy boots (+2 speed, +1 dodge)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Teleportation
- Short-range Teleport (Teleport up to 3 meters in any direction. Cost : 4 AP, 1 mana, 2 turn CD.) [Ready]
Passive abilities :
- Jack of all trades (+1 parry, +2 speed, +1 dodge)
Conditions :
-

-----

Acre (Nutkiplit809)
Speed roll : - (- = -)
>_____

- Carried over from Roll 13 -
Spoiler: Show More
You decide to try to be friends with the man.

"Hi. My name is Acre. What's yours?"

"Oh, hi Acre. The name's--"

The boat suddenly rocks roughly, as if impacted by something really heavy, or as if it ran into a rock. You hear the sound of metal bending... a mix between a wail and a groan.

"What's going on?!"
"Harpoon, starboard side! They found us - he can't maintain the illusory magic if he helps us in the defense!"
"Drop the illusion and get us out of here, dammit!"

All of a sudden, your surroundings turn from night to day - and apparently the empty, open ocean isn't as empty as it was before. To the right of the ship is a port, which the ship is sailing away from. You also see a harpoon embedded partially in the hull on the right side of the ship, with a thick metal wire leading from it to another ship, which seems to be a security patrol boat. Some of the men on the ship are attempting to hack away at the wire using bladed weapons, but to no avail.


-----

Name : Acre
Spoiler: Show More
Primary element : Telekinesis
AP : 8/8
Mana : 0/0 (+0 regen/turn)
Inventory : (1/10)
1. 1x Fish-slice hotdog
Equipped :
==- Two-handed weapon : Longbow (+2 attack, +2 accuracy, -2 dodge)
==- Torso : Leather brigandine (+2 parry, -2 speed)
Active abilities :
==- Basic Mental Magic
- Basic Telekinesis
Passive abilities :
- Sniper (+1 ranged attack, additional +1 ranged attack against ranged enemies)
Conditions :
-

-----

Sincerely,
- GM "Nana"
User avatar
Astar
Registered user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 December 2016, 07:00

Re: {Roll 14} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby neoexdeath » 12 January 2017, 17:31

Wendala takes a good look at the machine in front front of her, noting it's lack of weapons. Probably because this particular bot was programmed to fight in unarmed combat, although she couldn't help but wonder why. Sure, a thing of that size could easily break her bones if it got a good shot with it's metal fists, but still... if they had the resources to make something of that size, why not slap some kind of balista or crossbow on it, too? Well, either way, the her job was to destroy, not analyze, so she got into a fighting posture with her burning weapon.

"So, how many of these robots are in total around here?" the woman asked. After getting Vermilion's reply, she dashes towards the bot who spotted them earlier and swing the fire halberd towards it, attacking again if it doesn't get destroyed.. If it does, then she engages the robot inside the hangar, attacking it with her weapon.
User avatar
neoexdeath
Registered user
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 2 August 2013, 10:54
Location: Take your guess.

Re: {Roll 14} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby thetoppestkek » 12 January 2017, 19:31

To GM/OoC- This is like WWII but with questions instead of bombs. Enjoy.
Spoiler: Show More
#1: Is it possible for your character to die of hunger/thirst?

#2: Will characters have health bars?

#3: Will a critical hit ratio be implemented?

#4: If so, what determines the possibility of a critical hit?

#5: Where do characters store the items they don't use?

#6: Will it be possible to increase our "storage" space?

#7: If so, by what means will we increase our "storage" space?

#8: I noticed that neoexdeath's roll has a combat map. Will certain items and locations be interactable with in the combat map?

#9: Do you plan to make players fight other players?

#10: Will there be a hunger/thirst bar? (linked with #1)

#11: Will there be stat debuffs when your character is hungry/thirsty?



"These new toys are quite nice.. can't wait to test them out.

Replace the longbow for the composite bow, and replace 10 wooden arrows with 10 composite arrows. Store the longbow and the remaining 10 wooden arrows for later use.
User avatar
thetoppestkek
Registered user
 
Posts: 45
Joined: 5 August 2016, 11:45
Location: Somewhere procrastinating

Re: {Roll 14} Roll to Dodge : Arclight

Postby Garuda 1 » 12 January 2017, 19:46

Take the longsword and test the weight and balance before running my finger along the edge. Follow the others whenever they decide to leave.
User avatar
Garuda 1
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 8 April 2014, 16:46
Location: The skies of Emmeria

PreviousNext

Return to Games Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users