GSA Community Game Night March 3rd

Community Events!

GSA Community Game Night March 3rd

Postby NighthawkTheValiant » 4 March 2017, 02:17

Today, March 3rd, is the GSA Community Game Night. It's a bit late but we'd love if anyone and everyone could join us in our weekly match of carnage and murdering(in game of course). Everyone is invited to this event as always, if you are a major nuisance you'll be booted like an unwanted puppy. Game night will last from about 5 to 11 PM. (5:30 -8:00. PST). Depending on my own schedule as I need to sleep as well as do other things, you are welcome to join at any time however and I may go further than this.

Visit the GSA chat, for information on the game night on Friday. You will first have to be approved, so have a little bit of patience. For additional info check out this post on the GSA site. Note, we use discord and not xat anymore for anyone who's a bit time locked to 2015 and down.

Have fun and try your best, it is a competition after all :P
NighthawkTheValiant

Re: GSA Community Game Night March 3rd

Postby jonb7 » 4 March 2017, 02:54

You missed alot of information... And uh, post could use some work.
But anyways- To anyone searching, here are the links.
GSA Discord: https://discord.gg/pfJxUsQ
Official GSA competitive guidelines: https://gsafaction.wordpress.com/databa ... mpetition/

And yes, to anyone asking, I will not be hosting game night tonight. And we have been behind, lately. However, I'll be back soon, and gamenights will be back on track.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby chrissty33 » 4 March 2017, 03:34

Some event feedback.

First off, I have to spend 10 minutes logging into discord, doing 2FA and all that. Why can't you just use PB2 Chat?

Second, I am greeted by a bad person. Yes, that's correct. PB2 Staff support an event hosted by bad people: http://prntscr.com/efs3pt Notice the obvious Swastikas. Notice also how this unofficial clan chatroom also does not police this?

Third, I finally get into a match. It's on a well designed, fun to play map, I believe called Rapid Fire. TDM mode, lots of action, enjoyable. Only downside is there's a guy with 600 ping lagging around and eating shots, but I guess that can't be helped. We spent a good 15-20 minutes in the match before moving on, which was an ideal length to rack up a decent score without it getting stale.

Overall, nicely run event, seems the organizers genuinely care. Perhaps they should get in touch with the staff, because it felt exactly like the Staffplays DoomWrath ran a couple of weeks ago, just with more cringey discord. I'll see if I can join you again next time!
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby jonb7 » 10 March 2017, 21:05

chrissty33 wrote:Some event feedback.

First off, I have to spend 10 minutes logging into discord, doing 2FA and all that. Why can't you just use PB2 Chat?

Second, I am greeted by a bad person. Yes, that's correct. PB2 Staff support an event hosted by bad people: http://prntscr.com/efs3pt Notice the obvious Swastikas. Notice also how this unofficial clan chatroom also does not police this?

Third, I finally get into a match. It's on a well designed, fun to play map, I believe called Rapid Fire. TDM mode, lots of action, enjoyable. Only downside is there's a guy with 600 ping lagging around and eating shots, but I guess that can't be helped. We spent a good 15-20 minutes in the match before moving on, which was an ideal length to rack up a decent score without it getting stale.

Overall, nicely run event, seems the organizers genuinely care. Perhaps they should get in touch with the staff, because it felt exactly like the Staffplays DoomWrath ran a couple of weeks ago, just with more cringey discord. I'll see if I can join you again next time!

We are aware that not everyone uses discord. We have reached out elsewhere, but that's our main base of organization.
I don't think 2FA is required, it's only suggested, though.

And, uh- I could go on for quite a bit correcting the silly bad person comment, and the myriad flaws with it. Simply put, the specific swastika in question is inverted- While this has caused plentiful goofy arguments in the past, it is indeed a symbol of buddhism.
Not as if that matters all that much. Lmao.

We're glad you enjoyed the map- RapidFire has been gaining popularity among us. We select the maps for our playlists with care, hoping to circulate only the best crafted arenas.

I'd just like to note, however, that the event was not quite hosted properly, due to temporary change of hosts. Next game night, while delayed, will be run more properly. Ping limits will certainly be emplaced, and score will be tracked properly once again, as should have been normal. Also, normally we play at least 4 maps- Seems last gamenight was cut short.

Well, thanks for the feedback, it should certainly be helpful.
Next game night will probably be hosted on the 17th, but plans are still to be announced officially.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Events