PWL [UPDATES!!!]

Community Events!

PWL [UPDATES!!!]

Postby Plazma World League » 10 May 2016, 04:55

In between about 2 Months after the first post, Me and a couple other Plazma Casters, were discussing about how this would work. Well we came up with a solution.

PING SETUP
In order to participate, you must have an average ping of 200 or lower. And we might not see a lot of high pings since Eric says he is gonna fix the lag/The servers.

CONFERENCES AND DIVISIONS
There will be 2 Conferences or Continents and 2 divisions in each one in PWL.

Europe Conference
Ukraine Division
Russia Division (Just found out theres a decent amount of Russian players playing PB2)

North America Conference
California Division
Washington Division

PLAYER COUNT
For every clan competing, each one will have 4 members playing. Think of it as a UMG, MLG, or CWL event.

ROTATIONS
There will be 4 maps to play in each match.
In the Conference Playoffs, for the N/A conference, a Plazma Caster will flip a coin to see what Server the 2 clans will play in. After the first map, they switch to the other team's server and so on and so forth.

Same with the Stage 2 International playoffs. A N/A Team and Europe Team will face eachother. The same Rotations to keep things balanced and fair. Because there will be ping problems with these 2 teams.

GAMEMODES
Eric stated on twitter that he will continue the contruction of the new Gamemodes promised a while ago.

First map will be a Team deathmatch Elimnation mode. So pretty much TDM Cooperative. (Kill all enemies on opposing team: Then round restarts)

2nd Will be Capture the Point. (Maybe a kind of Cod hardpoint type match. Hold one area for as long as possible on offense, contest or takeover the area on defense.)

3rd Will be a Fragmatch. (Plant bomb and and protect it for a certain amount of seconds or kill everyone on opposing team to win round on offense. Disable the bomb before time runs out or kill everyone on opposing team before bomb is planted on defense)

4th will be a Capture the flag match. (Take the enemie's flag from opposite side of the map, then bring it back to your flag without dying)

The clan with the most wins will win the match. If it is tied 2-2, then they will play one more match of TDM.

REWARDS
If we can get Eric or any other developers in on this or maybe the staff, we can have them make a PWL Champion badge for their skins, so ppl can know they have won a IC. And a Gold sentence on their profile saying "Champion of Season (Whatever) In Plazma World League." And maybe another sentence saying "PWL Championships: (Whatever)" on the side."

That is it for now. We are currently almost done with our website. We will be have a Clan submitment on the first of June. We will talk about it when we get closer there.
Last edited by Plazma World League on 12 May 2016, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.

Plazma World League
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: PWL [UPDATES!!!]

Postby DoomWrath » 10 May 2016, 22:08

Nice idea, but we've had trouble gathering the players needed for the most basic of 1v1 tournaments.

Personally I don't think this would work at all, you'd never get enough people to join. Also, PB2 does not and will not have any new game modes - development of PB2 has stopped for the mostpart.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Plazma World League » 10 May 2016, 22:19

DoomWrath wrote:Nice idea, but we've had trouble gathering the players needed for the most basic of 1v1 tournaments.

Personally I don't think this would work at all, you'd never get enough people to join. Also, PB2 does not and will not have any new game modes - development of PB2 has stopped for the mostpart.

I could see that you have not read the first post. We stated that we are getting things started a while after PB2.5's release due to the small community we have here in PB2. Your right, we will never pull it off here in PB2. But in PB2.5 we would have a chance. And I have so much experience with events like theses. I have started mayjor popular and succesful events in Games like Roblox, Contract Wars and Red Crucible. Ive learned from the best from those community and right now I am running a really succesful clans and we have just finished our 2v2 March Tournament and we are succesfully planning our 2v2 May Tournament

And im sure he will Continue the Construction of those new Gamemodes. All the features that he has already added, and even said we will give us the clan system back, why wouldn't he continue the construction of those Gamemodes?

Plazma World League
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Fin92 » 10 May 2016, 23:25

sounds good bro

thx for the msg regarding the post i never get on the forums. And check your inbox

Fin92
Recruit

Postby ustopable » 11 May 2016, 01:59

Soo the event will start on pb 2.5?? Maybe it will take atleast 6 months or more before this events starts
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Plazma World League » 11 May 2016, 02:44

ustopable wrote:Soo the event will start on pb 2.5?? Maybe it will take atleast 6 months or more before this events starts

Yes its gonna take sometime before we start. We have to get new players used to the game. Maybe even six months after the release. But we are gathering people from not only the Xgen Forums, but the Kongregate Forums also. And we are trying to discover more gaming forums such as armour Games. So PWL is a half revivalist project.

Plazma World League
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ustopable » 11 May 2016, 05:05

(I feel like youre ilijah)
So the event will take atleast 6 months then another 6 months

You should also endorse on newgrounds (Eric Gurt have an account here), pb2 official twitter, some facebook page and others

Anyways what if a player have good ping in this server but haveover 200 in the other server would the clan can call subtitutes clan membersfor that server? What theres only 3 players who have good ping on the other server will they still qualify?

you should make 4 clans compete to each other in their corresponding server then when there is only 1 clan remaining this will be the clan that will compete the other server clan. Correct me if i didn't understand how your tournament work.

More Questions
-How would you choose the map?
-What Gmt (Timelines or something like that) would you follow? You can't expect to some players that they will be awake every hour.
-so how will you fix the clans team (By i mean their team within game)
-What if Asia Server was released it will be too bad to not to include it in the list of conference. Generally i would change your Europe Conference to Eurasian Conference but if you have other ideas then fix it please
-So will the clan leader choose the clan member or what?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Duo maxwell » 11 May 2016, 11:49

You right ustopable the clan members for server but the others they ping is high or low.high ping is lagger that be a update lagger and low ping will be not will be update
Duo maxwell
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ilijah999 » 11 May 2016, 14:39

[quote="ustopable"](I feel like youre ilijah)/quote]

No that is not me.

ilijah999
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Plazma World League » 11 May 2016, 16:03

ustopable wrote:(I feel like youre ilijah)
So the event will take atleast 6 months then another 6 months

You should also endorse on newgrounds (Eric Gurt have an account here), pb2 official twitter, some facebook page and others

Anyways what if a player have good ping in this server but haveover 200 in the other server would the clan can call subtitutes clan membersfor that server? What theres only 3 players who have good ping on the other server will they still qualify?

you should make 4 clans compete to each other in their corresponding server then when there is only 1 clan remaining this will be the clan that will compete the other server clan. Correct me if i didn't understand how your tournament work.

More Questions
-How would you choose the map?
-What Gmt (Timelines or something like that) would you follow? You can't expect to some players that they will be awake every hour.
-so how will you fix the clans team (By i mean their team within game)
-What if Asia Server was released it will be too bad to not to include it in the list of conference. Generally i would change your Europe Conference to Eurasian Conference but if you have other ideas then fix it please
-So will the clan leader choose the clan member or what?

Your very very right and me and Plazma Casters were trying to figure out a way to make it work in any possible way. We haven't found a really good solution yet. We were thinking about doing these events in seperate servers, but then it won't be Plazma World League.. And yes we thought about substitutions. And I think this will be the only way it will work. In Stage 1 (Inside your conference) if your in europe conference, you play nothing but europe teams or clans, same as for NA Conference. Then if you win Stage 1, another 4 people in your clan that has a good enough ping will go to another server and play. Depends on the conference playing. And if this plan doesn't work we may have to make this Event stay in by seperate servers due to ping. But we are gonna do testing with the Plazma Casters. And if it doesn't work we will have to seperate the servers completely and just have one EU winner and NA winner.

How the maps will be chosen.. I have 3 other Plazma Casters helping me with the website and forums, and one of them is making big competitive maps. So far we have 4 of them, and won't be published until July 1st. They will be one of the revivilst maps that we will bring instead of stryde-sniper and egrw.

Plazma World League
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ustopable » 11 May 2016, 16:51

-Speaking of this you didn't mention how would you guys will communicate with this 4 players and two team
-Asia Server?
-Gmt?
-will be this live in a Live Stream so that we could watch? Twitch maybe?
-what will happen if in a minute suddenly one player in one team will suddenly become unavailable and its 10 minutes before the match and theres no subtitute clan members. Could they still play 3 vs 4?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Plazma World League » 11 May 2016, 17:07

ustopable wrote:-Speaking of this you didn't mention how would you guys will communicate with this 4 players and two team
-Asia Server?
-Gmt?
-what will happen if in a minute suddenly one player in one team will suddenly become unavailable and its 10 minutes before the match and theres no subtitute clan members. Could they still play 3 vs 4?

Ok since im one of the Casters we will live stream and spectate matches on youtube. We discussed either twitch or youtube. We didnt want anyone paying to subscribe to us. So we decided to do streaming on youtube.

And communication. We were thinking of setting a discord chat with a clan chat channel. But for those who dont have mics, they would have to use the team chat. We are thinking of using team speak.. We will see how it will work.

If Eric decides to emplant Asia server, then yes there will be a Asia Conference.

If one player is unavailable minutes before game, the lowest we could go is a 3v3. So someone will have to sub from another team. If someone leaves in the middle of a match, then it will have to be a 3v4. If player doesnt come back after the match, then it will be a 3v3. If clan missing 2 players, then they will have to forfeit. But the longer this event is active, the more people will notice that this event means a lot, and they will probably commit more to this league be available for this event more.

Dont worry about the event being so.far away. Sometime after the clan submissions, we will have TDM test scrimmages on all 4 maps. We will have these test scrimmages until the release of pb2.5 so this could stay as active as possible. And we will keep you updated. After the release, we have big plans that I cannot share with you atm.

Plazma World League
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Dandamage » 20 May 2016, 21:21

Avoid double posting.

Posts merged.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Pudding Pants » 24 May 2016, 01:50

ustopable wrote:-Speaking of this you didn't mention how would you guys will communicate with this 4 players and two team
-Asia Server?
-Gmt?

Check for their grammar. That's a big part

Pudding Pants
Recruit

Return to Events