Blademaster challenge

Community Events!

Blademaster challenge

Postby TripeX » 10 January 2016, 16:35

I have a challenge for you (better do it with an alt so you wouldn't screw up your pp)

-Use only psi-blades (aka swords) defibrillators, and grenades. Go to a ranked match. Get the best medal you can or you want, i'd say iron is good enough.

Wood medal- Get 15 kills and no more then 17 deaths
Iron medal- Get 20 kills and no more then 15 deaths
Bronze medal- Get 40 kills and no more then 15 deaths
Silver medal- Get 50 kills and no more then 15 deaths
Golden medal- Get 60 Kills and no more then 15 deaths
Diamond Metal- Get 70 Kills and no more then 15 deaths
Antimatter - Get 110 kills and no more then 20 deaths

There is no signing up, but if you record how you do this challenge, i might add you to the bottom of the post.

Note: I'm not expecting that much people will do this challenge, but i personally had a lot of fun doing this challenge, i'm doing it right now actually. And my best is Iron Medal

List of Blademasters:
Berzerkz (Tripex) Iron medal, Wood medal
What's the worst thing that can happen? It's already happening and you are it, because you are a part of humanity, no one is more of a monster then humans, we trash the oceans and pollute the air, we cut down the giants that are known as trees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czyO4PH74gU <<< Exactly my reaction to Eir's death
TripeX
Recruit

Re: Blademaster challenge

Postby NNC » 11 January 2016, 17:10

Is it necessary to play in a swords-only map? What if I'd go to stryde-sniper but wouldn't use any sniper rifles, just swords and grenades?
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby eternal titan » 12 January 2016, 02:43

NNC wrote:Is it necessary to play in a swords-only map? What if I'd go to stryde-sniper but wouldn't use any sniper rifles, just swords and grenades?

In that case, you wouldn't even get Wood Medal
eternal titan
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby DoomWrath » 13 January 2016, 01:44

NNC wrote:Is it necessary to play in a swords-only map? What if I'd go to stryde-sniper but wouldn't use any sniper rifles, just swords and grenades?

This would be the best, since it would train a useful skill in-game. Who needs swords versus swords skills when there are no approved swords-only matches? As you said, being good with swords in a snipers match is handy when you spawn with no weapons.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby TripeX » 15 January 2016, 20:01

Just like i said in the post, go to a ranked match
What's the worst thing that can happen? It's already happening and you are it, because you are a part of humanity, no one is more of a monster then humans, we trash the oceans and pollute the air, we cut down the giants that are known as trees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czyO4PH74gU <<< Exactly my reaction to Eir's death
TripeX
Recruit

Postby NNC » 15 January 2016, 20:50

I hoped it was a mistake.
But if it is not, it creates major balance issues. Scoring kills with swords on a small open map with only 1 non-spammable weapon isn't same as doing the same on a medium-sized map with loads of tunnels, rifles, thin walls and penetrating weapons. Choosing an easy map would matter more than actual skill, and this somehow doesn't feel fair.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby TripeX » 15 January 2016, 21:44

NNC wrote:I hoped it was a mistake.
But if it is not, it creates major balance issues. Scoring kills with swords on a small open map with only 1 non-spammable weapon isn't same as doing the same on a medium-sized map with loads of tunnels, rifles, thin walls and penetrating weapons. Choosing an easy map would matter more than actual skill, and this somehow doesn't feel fair.

Think of it as a mmorpg, there is melee and ranged. You are melee, your opponents are ranged. It isn't that hard. My score with only swords on mariosonicv-raywars was the same as my score when i used ray-guns as well. I practiced being a "Blademaster" for a week every day. I think this might turn out as my main style of playing ranked matches, of course i would use guns on rare occasions.

I suggest giving it a try, but it's your choice.
TripeX
Recruit

Return to Events