{Information} Best Map Of The Month Contests

Community Events!

{Information} Best Map Of The Month Contests

Postby Silent Aurora » 17 November 2015, 17:25

Hello and welcome to the Best Maps of the Month!

Concept and Organisation:

- Silent Aurora (aka Niro 1)
- Each month, the event will begin on the 1st of every month.
- Participants can enter their selected map from the 1st and have approximately 1 week to get it in.
- Participants will have three weeks to enter their map.
- You will have one week to vote which map you think is the best.
- Once Submissions are closed with the message below, voting will begin.
- In each event, I will be putting the specific dates for each event since months vary.
Silent Aurora wrote:Submissions are now closed. Please do not post any more maps, voting will be up shortly. Thank you for entering, and good luck!

Entering the Event:

- When submitting your map, remember to follow the submissions template - this makes it much easier to determine if your map is suitable.
- Don't use anyone else's work. Enter only your own maps.

Submissions Template:

Map Name:
Map ID:
Link to Map page:
Link to Demo page:
Picture (Optional):

Rules:

- Maps must follow the monthly criteria, for example: Slow-motion, winter theme, Wave survival map.
- Reviews and feedback should not be made in the thread.
- Keep the submission thread clean - if you have a question, PM me.
- Don't edit your map other than minor bugfixes once submitted.
- Once voting has started, do not edit or unpublish your maps. Unpublished maps will be removed from voting.
-The maps which participate in the contest must be original. Copied maps can't participate in the competition and will be removed.

FAQ:

Why didn't my map appear in voting?
Basically, your map is not suitable. It must fulfill every piece of criteria for it to be submitted to voting.

When will results be announced?
On the 1st date of the next month. For example, Octobers results will be announced on November 1st.

What makes my map suitable?
The map must follow the criteria set by the month's event - if it asks for slow-motion shotgun maps, and you submit a normal speed railgun arena, the map will not be suitable. It must also be published, non-offensive and cannot contain any major errors that make the map unplayable.

Notes:

- This is the official main topic for Best Map Of The Month competition. A new thread will be made for each theme.
- Awards will consist of custom forum rank.
1st Place: " Map Editor Contest Winner "
2nd Place: " Map Editor Contest Runner Up"
3rd Place: " Map Editor Contest Runner Up"
- Runners up award may vary depending on how many people enter. For example, if 5 then only 2nd place will get it.
- If you have any questions, please PM me here
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Events