Gun Charges/Cooldowns Tutorial (Ft. Anime Smash WARS)

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Gun Charges/Cooldowns Tutorial (Ft. Anime Smash WARS)

Postby Fan Fan1 » 18 March 2017, 08:04

Due to the request of several users demanding me to reveal my secret to Gun Charges/Cooldowns, I will now open source a test map to help those who want to know how to use this trigger system.

Open Source Map ID: fan fan1-test
Original Map ID: fan fan1-anime

I have labelled the blueprint to make it easier for you guys to understand. Most should be self explanatory. Others may result in a "What the heck?!" situation. Below I will explain how to avoid these "What the heck?!" situations.

1. Find the (#intro) trigger and scroll to Action 5:
- You can see that I have set the default game speed to 20 FPS. Thus the game has a slowmotion factor of 2/3.
- Since the game speed FPS is dropped to 20, that means every 20 frames is 1 second
- All timer delays depend on the game speed FPS. Therefore if you are going to change Action 5's parameter, you must change the delays for all of your timers!

2. Find (#Anti_Spam) trigger and (#Anti_Spam.R) region:
- The function of this system is to activate (#charge1), (#charge2), and (#charge3) triggers.
- The (#charge) triggers have a dialogue parameter which indicates the gun's level of charge to the user.
- If the player is present, the charge dialogues will appear. If there is no player, then the charge dialogues will not be necessary and so it will not appear.

2.1. Problems with the Anti_Spam system:
- Players who enter the match after the countdown says "FIGHT!" will not see the charging dialogue nor the bullets coming out of the guns.
- This may result in confused players thinking that the gun's are useless and become uninterested in the map.
- This happens due to the fact that multiplayer mode is very bad at synchronising triggers.

2.2. May I remove the Anti_Spam System?:
- Of course! Just make sure you change the "Enabled:" option to "Yes" for the (#charge1), (#charge2), and (#charge3) triggers, otherwise the gun's won't do anything.

3. I changed the player's name, but it is not appearing on multiplayer
- Honestly, I do not know the reason for this and I am not sure if it is patched yet
- The easy fix for this is to make a timer with infinite calls and zero delay calling a trigger to constantly change the name. However, in my past experience, doing this will cause a weird glitch in which if one person shoots their guns, bullets will appear on their screen, but to another person, only a few percentage of those bullets will appear on their screen (Sometimes no bullets appear on their screen!).

4. What is the (#Ad) trigger and (#Ad.T) timer?
- Sometimes when I make a map, I would often sponsor another map that gave me the idea.
- If you want to use the Gun Charges/Cooldowns trigger system in your map, then I kindly ask of you to do the same and sponsor (fan fan1-anime). This is indeed optional, but I would be really thankful if you did.

If you still have questions about the Gun Charges/Cooldowns trigger system, feel free to ask. I will try to respond ASAP.
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Gun Charges/Cooldowns Tutorial (Ft. Anime Smash WARS)

Postby Aldrinsky10 » 18 March 2017, 10:30

Thanks Fan fan1 i reallly need this :D

Aldrinsky10

Re: Gun Charges/Cooldowns Tutorial (Ft. Anime Smash WARS)

Postby lrv » 26 August 2017, 13:56

Yay! I'll use that in one oof my maps(but give ya credit)
lrv
Falkok [250]

Return to Tutorials